What’s going on in the boardroom?

Of course, another element to this is Max. Maybe he has plans of pulling out because of the Ukraine war, or some other personal reason. He may want some cash back, again who knows.

Parker is starting to get a bit annoying tbh. What message does it send to the players if the man who is supposed to be leading them is just whinging all of the time? If you don’t like it Scott, you don’t have to be here.

Is he whinging all the time? Is it not the same interview from Saturday regurgitated? He’s said one thing, once. Which he kept prefixing with the phrase “at the moment”.

We also don’t know what he’s said to the players, he may well have told them what he would say about incoming players and why he’s saying it in the way he has done.

He’s from the heavily media trained generation, what he says in the media will have been thought out…some may argue this with his delivery, but that’s my guess.

As I said on another thread, but is much more suited to this one, as ever with transfer deals there’s always a domino effect. Deals amongst the big fish need to be done and then that sets the wheels in motion as that feeds through the food chain.

Mark McAdam believes things will ramp up this week ahead of the penultimate weekend of the season.

The quote involving Chelsea, who want to bring in a centre back, was that the current market is “like juggling sand”, simply impossible to do.

Best laid plans and all that, you can always be a victim of circumstances beyond your own control.

Let’s be honest spunking 10’s of millions up against the wall isn’t going to get us challenging for top six . We’re in for a season of struggle regardless of weather or not we bring in an extra couple of defenders .
Hopefully we’ll get a couple of really good loanees and after that we only have to be better than three other teams .
As for more clarity from the board . When has that ever happened . Not in my lifetime unless they’re having to beg the fans for money .

it doesn't happen at any club and never will, and anyone who thinks they pay their ticket money so they have some sort of right to be kept updated is deluding themselves

It seems obvious we are trying to get defenders, assessing a decent back up keeper plus tavernier.

That’s enough but clearly difficult to get players to come here. Why would they when look at a L1 stadium and we are odds on to go down - paying loads of extra money maybe a way to tempt them but goes against recent strategy.

I think we will get reinforcements but late in the day which is a risk in itself.

Yes. It's not that we haven't tried to get players. Maybe Parker is upset we didn't cave in to Liverpool and wants to snap up Tavernier for more.

The manager will always want more transfer money (which is the same all over), the board will want to make sure they spend wisely. Natural to have some tension there.

Expectation management and media management is another part of a manager's job.

I'm not worried if we want to be a bit more frugal, get the books tidied up and the training ground sorted. I am going to try not to get too worked up about disappointing results this season, as long as the effort is there from the players.

As has been said, it would be a struggle regardless of how much we spent.

It is a bit worrying when you see SPs general demeanor of late.....after the euphoria of the ' Forest Night'.
If the aspirations of the club do not include aiming to be at least a mid - table club next season...then that is bad..it's not what fans expect !
Promoted clubs throughout the Football Pyramid have a Buzz and Positivity about their next venture ...Hamworthy United... Plymouth Parkway....Nottingham Forest.. Exeter City....Grimsby Town.. ...Sunderland....Hanwell Town....Ilkstone Town...Walthamstow... Tavistock. ..and more..
The Positivity has to start at the top...the manager in particular...heavily involved in that... bold and bouyant .. then ..then the Players!

The manager will always want more transfer money (which is the same all over), the board will want to make sure they spend wisely. Natural to have some tension there.

Expectation management and media management is another part of a manager's job.

I'm not worried if we want to be a bit more frugal, get the books tidied up and the training ground sorted. I am going to try not to get too worked up about disappointing results this season, as long as the effort is there from the players.

As has been said, it would be a struggle regardless of how much we spent.
Totally agree.
I am expecting us to struggle this season but we might still end up being better over the course of a season than three other teams. If it works out that way, brilliant ! If it doesn't, I just want to see maximum effort from the players, who will of course all have received hefty pay rises following promotion.
If we go down, fighting and unified, then so be it.
I just don't want to see players giving up, losing hope and looking for their next club before the last ball of the season has been kicked.
:utc:

Totally agree.
I am expecting us to struggle this season but we might still end up being better over the course of a season than three other teams. If it works out that way, brilliant ! If it doesn't, I just want to see maximum effort from the players, who will of course all have received hefty pay rises following promotion.
If we go down, fighting and unified, then so be it.
I just don't want to see players giving up, losing hope and looking for their next club before the last ball of the season has been kicked.
:utc:

Exactly this and these players need to prove individually that they are good enough to be in the Premier League before they can try and engineer their moves away.

A number of clubs are bringing in signings from abroad, Brighton seem to do this plus a good number of others, fees seem a bit lower than in UK.

But if you look back to our signings, most have come from within the UK.

We are supposed to have a foreign scout, so will we see a signing from abroad?

;