What’s going on in the boardroom?

I don't want any big wage vanity players.
Unless we sign some.
I don't want expensive loan players.
Unless we sign some.
I don't want Big Club United cast offs.
Unless we sign some.

Now this is a good thread!!
:clap:

I am confident that there will be some type of resolution to the CB issue, which may generate some debate on quality thereof. Personally I am hoping it is Phillips as I felt that he progressed last season with Kelly and a sound core was developed.

Either way, and perhaps irrationally, I am definitely getting keyed up for next Saturday and beyond.

:utc:

The general tone on here seems to be as one or at least the vast majority anyway.

Perhaps it’s not the same on social media and I’m missing that particular take.

People need to hold their nerve.

Easier to get free agent deals like fredericks and rothwell over the line. Both deals fine early

This window is challenging as looming up are a compressed World Cup without adequate recovery periods and likely more covid problems over the winter. Not sure clubs want to lose squad players esp with new 5 subs rule.

The bigger question if we know recruitment is difficult so should we looking to play 3 at the back as it exposes our hugest squad weakness

So who is on the Board now. Mostyn, Blake, Denim's man and Hughes? Not very inspiring.

Last edited:
The bigger question if we know recruitment is difficult so should we looking to play 3 at the back as it exposes our hugest squad weakness

Based on nothing but a hunch, but I don’t think we will start the season with this formation as our default. More like something to switch to “in those certain moments” of games. Hence why he’s happy to practice it with square pegs in round holes.

But just a guess.

Based on nothing but a hunch, but I don’t think we will start the season with this formation as our default. More like something to switch to “in those certain moments” of games. Hence why he’s happy to practice it with square pegs in round holes.

But just a guess.

Given we have man city and liverpool away early on, maybe practice for tough games or seeing out a result

So who is on the Board now. Mostyn, Blake, Denim's man and Hughes? Not very inspiring.
Board members and their roles:
Jeff Mostyn — director and chairman
Neill Blake — director and CEO
David Holiday — finance director
Rob Mitchell — commercial director
Nick Rothwell — director
Rico Seitz — director

If Scott doesn't like it, or things don't go his way, he could possibly change his name to "Eddie Howell" (sic) and attempt to re-create his history.

clear that the team is weaker than last season in some positions; lost woodman; 2 centre backs Philips and Cahill plus left side utility left back Brady. So 4 signings we need to stay level in those positions. Rothwell replaces cantwell
The end of last season, not the start.

clear that the team is weaker than last season in some positions; lost woodman; 2 centre backs Philips and Cahill plus left side utility left back Brady. So 4 signings we need to stay level in those positions. Rothwell replaces cantwell
Is there any comparator to the team that first rose to the PL in 2015? I'm not in any position to analyze. I think (but could be very wrong) that that team had the advantage of many having played together through the ranks, but this team might be a bit younger and stronger in some positions? Not sure if anyone has done a position-by-position review? Again, idle musings as I don't know at all.

;