What’s going on in the boardroom?

I agree, to a point. But this isn’t “the chicken and the egg” debate here.

Sure Eddie needed Max to achieve his potential, but take Eddie away and the same success at the speed it happened would never have happened.

This club was built on his shoulders, there wasn’t a team in the entire football league pyramid that was so dependent on one man.

He had support along the way sure, Demin’s money enabled us to keep the squad together. A squad, in the main, built on waifs and strays of lower league journeymen which Howe moulded in to Premier League players on the cusp of international recognition at times.

The club off the field couldn’t keep up with the success on it and still can’t. Despite having 7 years to catch up.

That all said, I’m not going to belittle Scott Parker’s achievements to big up Howe. Parker’s promotion came under different circumstances, under different conditions but that doesn’t make it any less of an achievement in your first season through the door.
Yes I agree with all of that. The point I was trying to make is that suggesting that "one man built this club" is patently untrue. As you say in your post, the same success at the same speed wouldn't have been possible but Eddie himdelf will say it is about building a team that works to a common goal.

It’s not. As Fritter said. No Eddie, no Premier League. Everyone else’s contribution is directly linked to this through either a contribution because of it or rode the coat tails of it.
Such a laughable theory. Eddie was the spark and others enabled him.

even if untrue you seem to rubbish the contributions of others.

Going back in time Harold Walker provided the money for John Bond and his team "if" they had achieved promotion to Div 2 could have gone all the way. They just failed despite (rose tinted glasses) a better team for whatever reason.

Years later along comes Eddie and as Rob said he was the spark and glue that held it all together to go from almost chrashing out of the league and existance through to up the leagues with the undeniable help of Max's money trust and belief.

Such a laughable theory. Eddie was the spark and others enabled him.

even if untrue you seem to rubbish the contributions of others.
I don’t rubbish the contribution of others, I just say it wouldn’t have happened, there’s a difference. Nathan Ake or Yann Kermorgant for example made a tremendous contribution but wouldn’t have been here without Eddie. You could argue Lee Bradbury and Paul Groves signed some players including Charlie Daniels, Simon Francis etc but look how they were all playing prior to his arrival back, in the bottom four of league one. Very few people made no contribution under Eddie but their contributions or them being there full stop was down to him.

Not sure what people are arguing about any more on this thread.

would we have stayed up and then got to the prem without Eddie? No way. He was an unbelievable leader.

but couldn’t do it on his own - a lot of people contributed. Max in particular of course but no doubt Mitchell did good (as well as bad) for the club at a vulnerable time too

If it wasn't for Winston Churchill we would be speaking German and AFCB would have been promoted to the Bundesliga.

Eddie was a BIG part of AFCB history and vital to our promotion but Scott has also been a big part of AFCB history just not as big.

What is everyone's point ? I've lost track.

If it wasn't for Winston Churchill we would be speaking German and AFCB would have been promoted to the Bundesliga.

Eddie was a BIG part of AFCB history and vital to our promotion but Scott has also been a big part of AFCB history just not as big.

What is everyone's point ? I've lost track.
It’s the ‘I’m always right’ brigade doing their thing.

Not sure what people are arguing about any more on this thread.

would we have stayed up and then got to the prem without Eddie? No way. He was an unbelievable leader.

but couldn’t do it on his own - a lot of people contributed. Max in particular of course but no doubt Mitchell did good (as well as bad) for the club at a vulnerable time too

couldn't agree more
it's as if people are trying to pointlessly apportion success to those involved; Adam Murry 10%, Eddie Mitchell 5%, Eddie Howe 40%, Max Demin 30%, Jeff Mostyn 10%, Lee Bradbury 5% :LOL: etc

how am I doing? :whist:

I don’t rubbish the contribution of others, I just say it wouldn’t have happened, there’s a difference. Nathan Ake or Yann Kermorgant for example made a tremendous contribution but wouldn’t have been here without Eddie. You could argue Lee Bradbury and Paul Groves signed some players including Charlie Daniels, Simon Francis etc but look how they were all playing prior to his arrival back, in the bottom four of league one. Very few people made no contribution under Eddie but their contributions or them being there full stop was down to him.
You think saying someone doesn't know their **************** from their elbow isn't rubbishing their contribution? ;-)

Yems must have contributed something..otherwise why was he even employed by Eddie Howe ?
It's alright and easy for everyone to jump on his sh*t cart...and praise every other cnut up...but I ask again ...why was he there if he was so bloody bad in a period of our ascent up the Divs and 5 seasons in the PL. ?

Last edited:
Nope, you said that one man built the club, which is patently untrue.

;