What’s going on in the boardroom?

So even allowing for the nepotism, only employing useless coaches, deliberately overtraining players so they got injured, the failed transfer policy and refusal to change the system Eddie Howe was actually successful??

Sorry Neil, I appear to have been misreading your posts for a decade! ;)
No he still hates the two guys at the top of the tree, everything is their fault.

I get it. Just as the guy sweeping the floor at NASA put the man on the moon because dust didn’t get into the engine.

Very admirable though process. Very David Brent.

We would not be in the PL next season without Eddie having become manager that miserable December a few years ago when we were bottom of league 2. If you believe otherwise you are deluded. Yes obviously many other people were involved but he led them, they couldn’t do it without him, it’s never happened to anyone else at this club and arguably only one other in British football history so de facto he built it. No need for a semantics discussion.
I understand you've dug yourself a hole and now you are trying to backtrack but suggesting that the concept of a football club acting as a collection of parts that together being success isn't Brentian logic.
You have a habit of trying to insult, belittle or gaslight people when you realise you've made an error. It's a shame really.
But what is unconscionable is belittling people at the club who worked incredibly hard but didn't receive 100th of the adulation that Eddie did.
Eddie was THE major part of our success but that's not what you said. You said that only one man built this club, which is untrue.

I understand you've dug yourself a hole and now you are trying to backtrack but suggesting that the concept of a football club acting as a collection of parts that together being success isn't Brentian logic.
You have a habit of trying to insult, belittle or gaslight people when you realise you've made an error. It's a shame really.
But what is unconscionable is belittling people at the club who worked incredibly hard but didn't receive 100th of the adulation that Eddie did.
Eddie was THE major part of our success but that's not what you said. You said that only one man built this club, which is untrue.
I’m not belittling any of them. I’m just saying they wouldn’t have been here, and neither would we. We’d be watching a phoenix club which might by now if we were very lucky had made it back to the football league. So in my opinion, he built the club we now watch. I haven’t made an error, thanks. I just dont believe your opinion and you don’t believe mine. That’s football!

No money apart from the 12.5m we are about to spend on one player? Hmmm
12.5m is no money in terms of the PL tbf.......i don't think that will be all we'll spend.....i do however think their might be a difference in opinion between Scotty and the board as to what type of player to target though.....the board are clearly looking towards the future but Parker doesn't want another relegation on his CV so wants players for the here and now.
Wouldn't surprise me to see Parker walk if we get off to a poor start.....he certainly won't go down with us.

So you think Parker will walk if we get off to a poor start. Thats assuming he is disagreeing with board. But you don’t know that.

Ok. Surprise is the word you used.
just don’t say I told you so if it happens.
But he ‘definitely’ won’t go down with us, hopefully we’ll stay up so we won’t know on that one. ;)

If our budget (WAR CHEST) to strengthen the squad after 8 players leaving was 12.5 million for the whole window, hands up if you really think we'd have just spent all of that on Tavernier.

12.5m is no money in terms of the PL tbf.......i don't think that will be all we'll spend.....i do however think their might be a difference in opinion between Scotty and the board as to what type of player to target though.....the board are clearly looking towards the future but Parker doesn't want another relegation on his CV so wants players for the here and now.
Wouldn't surprise me to see Parker walk if we get off to a poor start.....he certainly won't go down with us.
12.5m isn’t no money at any level, it’s not a huge amount of money at this level, but it’s still more than this ITK chap had us believe would be spent and that’s just on one player.

;