When Stan and Cook are ready...

• Thread starter removed at users request
  • Start date
I don’t see him fitting into a central position under Parker.

I think the opposite to be honest, he often needs a few games to bed in and find his mojo, but when he does there isn’t many better.
Yet that's where Parker started him against Blackpool.....looked fantastic in the limited time he was on the pitch.....got an assist for the first goal....had he not got injured we would have won that game quite easily......not the first time anyone has said said that mind...things usually go to **************** when he goes off .

Can see Stan being a very important impact sub but not sure about lewis cook - been out so long that will be hard to get up to speed again unless we have a lot of injuries

Can see Stan being a very important impact sub but not sure about lewis cook - been out so long that will be hard to get up to speed again unless we have a lot of injuries

There’s obviously a medium term plan for Lewis as he’s just signed a new contract and Parker constantly praises him

Needs to be playing as more than an impact sub, he’s our most talented player. Cook will eventually be integrated into the team, he’s perfect for that number six position.

Needs to be playing as more than an impact sub, he’s our most talented player. Cook will eventually be integrated into the team, he’s perfect for that number six position.
Not initially. Stan is one of our best players, no doubt, but competition for places is tough as David brooks can tell. Do we let Stan build up 90 minutes for a few games or keep same xi?

Suspension/injury/illness/resting/fresh legs sub... he'll play his part I think. Also think he would make a great captain if he were a regular starter. What a great buy Pearson was, though to keep him out of the team. Well done JT... a great buy.

Not initially. Stan is one of our best players, no doubt, but competition for places is tough as David brooks can tell. Do we let Stan build up 90 minutes for a few games or keep same xi?

Same 11 I guess. The pessimistic part of me says that the long season and injuries are likely to give a lot of those on the bench (or those who will be on the bench) 90 min chances anyway but hopefully, decisions won't be forced. Part of me would dearly love to see Kilkenny's amazing passing as well but I think he'll be on loan in January and that will be good for him and us ultimately.

I wouldn’t say he’s our most talented player, he’s up there granted. Sadly he’s just too injury prone and therefore unreliable

I wouldn’t say he’s our most talented player, he’s up there granted. Sadly he’s just too injury prone and therefore unreliable
Can't think of anyone in our squad more talented than Stan ....other than him we don't have an attacker proven at PL level tbf.
No player we have can produce the numbers Stan does either.....no secret that I was a massive fan of Danjuma but Stan would match Arnie's goal tally if he played regularly....he was on course to beat it last season before he got injured and then moved out to the right.
People can say he's too injury prone but so what?.....play him when he is fit!..... he's a difference maker.....someone who turns the boring 0-0s that we've had recently into 1-0 wins ...as he did last season against Stoke and Wycombe.

People can say he's too injury prone but so what?.....play him when he is fit!.....

Im a fan of Stan, I’m just saying he’s too injury prone, he’s already missed more or less 25% of the season, he went off in the first half against Blackpool and we all know how that game ended when we could have potentially needed the extra sub later on or not needed to change the game plan so early on. I don’t think we will get 90 mins out of him this season.

Im a fan of Stan, I’m just saying he’s too injury prone, he’s already missed more or less 25% of the season, he went off in the first half against Blackpool and we all know how that game ended when we could have potentially needed the extra sub later on or not needed to change the game plan so early on. I don’t think we will get 90 mins out of him this season.
Yes he went off against Blackpool but even in the short time he was on the pitch he got an assist for the first goal....that alone justifies his place in the team.....he has barely played an hour of football so far yet he has 3 assists to his name!
I don't care if we get 90 minutes out of him or not .....while he is on the pitch he will give us points.

Yes he went off against Blackpool but even in the short time he was on the pitch he got an assist for the first goal....that alone justifies his place in the team.....he has barely played an hour of football so far yet he has 3 assists to his name!
I don't care if we get 90 minutes out of him or not .....while he is on the pitch he will give us points.
I don’t think that we should be using stats from the Mk Dons game to support any kind of argument tbh. I’ve seen some people also saying that Brooks should play because of His goal threat, as he has three goals this season already lol yet I don’t see anybody clamouring for Saydee to play despite his insane return of a goal every 25 minutes this season!

I don’t think that we should be using stats from the Mk Dons game to support any kind of argument tbh. I’ve seen some people also saying that Brooks should play because of His goal threat, as he has three goals this season already lol yet I don’t see anybody clamouring for Saydee to play despite his insane return of a goal every 25 minutes this season!
Fine....he only has 2 assists from 30 minutes of football then.

I think you’ll find he will struggle to get back in the team anytime soon.

I think you'll find I said brooks will play a big part this season, not necessarily oust someone from the team. I still think if SP can get brooks firing he will score goals for us.

;