Who Does Eddie Pick On Sunday?

I'll say one thing for him - He puts himself about and goes for everything. Which in a side full of players eyeing up their next move, going into most challenges half-heartedly, it suddenly makes a difference having someone at the sharp end of the pitch prepared to put his skin on the line.

He's a true poacher and Wilson, Solanke and King aren't. I think he has a great future but he may need to force a move if he's not played next season.

Solanke is a real grafter and his on-pitch effort hasn't warranted the abuse he's received, given he's been played too deep most of the time. At least he wins balls and holds it up unlike Callum. King has also been out if position and unlucky with injury but is also a trooper. The real lesson of this season is that there's zero point holding onto anyone who wants to leave. If Ake, King, Wilson etc. want to go, let them go for the right prices. Hanging onto them will hold them and our team back. Cash in and buy new keen stock. It's the only way.

He'll probably surprise us all and shoe horn sideways Surman in there somewhere.

Poor Surman. He's a lovely player. Getting a bit off the pace now and out of sync with no game time but he's one of the few who can actually pass. Better than Lewis Cook has been. He's also an extremely positive character to have in and around I've read.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramsdale

Smith (or Stacey)
Cook
Kelly
Rico

Brooks
Gosling
Surman
Stanislas

King
Solanke

Snubs:
Boruc
Stacey (or Simpson)
Wilson
Cook
Surridge
Lerma
Billing
Wilson
Danjuma

...players like Surman and Gosling will give their all to us so I think Eddie should roll the dice and put them in!

I don't know how you can say that about King! A few seasons ago he played up front, while Wilson was injured for just over half a season and scored 16 goals, I think I'm right in saying. I don't believe we would be in this position if he had played as our main striker.

Never thought I would be saying this but Surridge and Solanke look far more likely, to provide us goals.

Stanislas has been a diamond

H Wilson useless tit, made me laugh and is also bang on, keep him far, far away

Brooks, love him, but been crap since we came back, only option is as a ten, which I would like to see

Callum, so disappointing

Kingy, good effort, but still such poor decision making

One last chance to highlight Fraser is a ************************

Lerma, Billing, Cook a max of 2.

Not a big fan of Gosling, but I would rather see his commitment and energy, than the lethargy from others at times.

Assuming back 5 inc Rambo picks itself, then 6 from that lot in a formation that gives us a Man City performace, coupled with 3 points.

Ideally Stacey as a w/b, with Stan on other side, giving us 5 in m/f and a ten and nine

Probably all irrelevant because we will have 2 penalties against us for hand ball, one of which was in the Everton half, and 3 goals ruled out for offside, two of which were in our own half
Really not had the rub of the green have we

Basically any eleven players who are going to go out and fight for their honour. Too many times it's been 'clock in and walk round with a clip-board' until home time, get your money and forget how mediocre you were. At least Rambo looked distraught after the Scummers game. Perhaps others need to take a hard look at their efforts this season.

Everton are cr@p. Not a good side at all . Are they there for the taking of course .
If we line up similar to city away l, we can turn these over.
Even against saints , things never dropped for us

Surman is a South African...they are almost always strong characters and up for it.
We have struggled when he don't play.

Wilson is the opposite.....a weak character...cannot impose himself...thinks he is a top class striker ..he ain't.... Very Occasional flashes of skill and a goal every 7 or eight games didn't cut it in the top Div!

Everton are cr@p. Not a good side at all . Are they there for the taking of course .
If we line up similar to city away l, we can turn these over.
Even against saints , things never dropped for us

On paper they're a better team than us and we've never got a win or draw at Goodison in our history. We've lost every away game in 2020 and lost 9 on the trot away. They are unbeaten at home in 12 and have only lost twice there all season.
So we should win 3-1.

I didn’t go to Goodison last season but in our two 2-1 defeats and 6-3 defeat we should have got something in all three games. In fact all were really depressing days out so I swore I’d never visit again. Probably lockdown done me a favour as I would stupidly have gone

Eddie will be picking Cherries in Strawberry Fields...right place. ..adjust the lyrics a tiny bit....or not. Real or ..not really. Nothing to get hung about ..or something to get hung about.....depending how serious you see it!
Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see,
Strawberry fields forever. Cherry pickers anyone? 11th Hussars, Prince Alberts Own!

Ramsdale
Smith
Cook
Ake if fit

Stan
Gosling
Cook
Danjuna
King
Wilson

Brooks hasn't been anywhere near good enough since he came back.solanke 1 hit wonder.would have kilkenny on the bench as a wild card

;