Why not Dyche?

Never. Watching that anti football would kill the game for me. For some reason his stock has risen in his absence from the game, its like folk forget exactly what they witnessed. I admire the sentiment though in our position and wonder why someone hasn't appointed him, he'll do a job for someone surely.

I’m going to be honest, this was my version of a flounce after a match. My first and last lol. I don’t really want him that much, but I would take him over THIS was my general point. If they have a better man than GON in mind, then he would’ve been appointed already surely?
Exactly !
We have no one lined up, as per usual ! GO, if he goes, to be replaced by another caretaker arrangement of the next suckers in line for however many months it takes us to find a decent manager. Or if the caretakers gather a few early points, bingo, the job is theirs ! :censor:

Anyone to just stable the ship.

We have tried to rebuild in the PL, and it certainly isn't the place to attempt to do so.

Look at Forest, a shambles for the first half of the season.

They have signed enough quality to probably end up in mid table.

We look like a clusterfuck of a team, with organisation last seen at my daughters 10th Birthday party.

Let 3 out on loan.......with nothing incoming.

I know Neil Dawson has criticised Hughes and Blake, but let's be honest.... he's right.

Anyone to just stable the ship.

We have tried to rebuild in the PL, and it certainly isn't the place to attempt to do so.

Look at Forest, a shambles for the first half of the season.

They have signed enough quality to probably end up in mid table.

We look like a clusterfuck of a team, with organisation last seen at my daughters 10th Birthday party.

Let 3 out on loan.......with nothing incoming.

I know Neil Dawson has criticised Hughes and Blake, but let's be honest.... he's right.
Forest spent 170 million and still wanting to spend more. I thought there was something called FFP.

See he was watching the Forest vs Leicester game ..
Maybe for potential next Leicester manager .. or maybe watching because Forest is our next match.. just a thought?! .

Probably for neither! But you do wonder..

Not sure how much I buy Dyche' claim that he only played that way due to personnel available. He could have shaped the squad differently over time if that was the case. I don;t believe he played direct/% football as Burnley couldn;t afford better players. There's a whole world of technical, decent players, if you setup you scouting network accordingly. Why did he stay at Burnley for so long if that was the case, he once lead them into Europe and his stock has been decent for years, so I assume he could have taken a job elsewhere if Burnley financial situation was stifling/holding him back from unleashing his preferred brand of football.

Doubt he'd be interested in a short term deal, to the end of the season. Too much risk for him with little reward, taking a side down. Whereas now he could presumably still get a job at say Everton, Leicester etc.

If we did bring him on, would he fit with the long term ethos of style we want to implement and therefore types of players we sign?

If he is genuine about wanting to play better football, do we want to be his sandbox environment whilst he learns how to do that? As he certainly doesn;t appear to have track record of being able to implement that kind of style.

Dyche thing just seems unlikely for a host of reasons. I'm not seeing many things between us and him that marry up and indicate he's the man for us. But then stranger things have happened in football.

Last edited:
…in desperate times cometh grabbing at straws…it’s a mess and some pruning needs to be done in the administration of the club get rid of Blake,Hughes, and other ‘hangers on’ who should be shouldering responsibility for our current situation….we need a better coach or coaches to get these players back on their game half of them have PL experience but need guidance and training aligned with improved tactical direction.
Bill has to seek some pure footballing advice from someone like a Wenger or a Ferguson?

…in desperate times cometh grabbing at straws…it’s a mess and some pruning needs to be done in the administration of the club get rid of Blake,Hughes, and other ‘hangers on’ who should be shouldering responsibility for our current situation….we need a better coach or coaches to get these players back on their game half of them have PL experience but need guidance and training aligned with improved tactical direction.
Bill has to seek some pure footballing advice from someone like a Wenger or a Ferguson?

That’s the key. He has said that he is in charge and involved and the buck stops with him. Is he also the kind of person who accepts that he needs to seek advice from others?

Depends on how far forward we’re looking. Dyche in to try to rescue this season- yes I’d take that but only that, as I’d hate to be a Dyche team beyond. If he wouldn’t take a short term deal then no thanks. Agree we need better coaching and support staff than the lower league experience we’ve got at the moment, also agree we need a dynamic manager with tactical nous and ability to motivate players. But we’ve got 5 months of a rapidly declining season left- do we try to save this season or put something in place for the future right now- I’m far from sure the two are compatible .

If Dyche came along and had the defenders smashing the ball high in the air straight to the forward players within striking distance of goal ...thereby by - passing Lerma and Cook...would that not be a positive step forward and a lot more exciting than the static crap that is being produced now ?
Next week we face Forest's scrappers who will be hellbent for revenge.
Not sure how our 'Association Football Club Business' model will deal with things over this Window month....shades of Everton with incompetent executives in charge of recruitment. ..but minus the intolerant and militant fans ..passive South Coast folk in a non - football town a vastly different scenario.

Angles to view it from ; just ruling out Dyche is not a very comprehensive or healthy way forward.

Hopefully Mr Foley has re-assessed the situation of what's happened post- Dubai and will 'crack the whip'...starting in the Office sector of DC .

Last edited:
Think we should be planning for next season in the championship, ( 20 odd points - no chance ) Bill can spent his extra 20m on the right manager and backroom staff, most of our squad will be fine next season, then start getting a squad that can at least compete in the prem.

;