Wilson having medical

Pleased Marc is joining us. On the subject of a Callum Wilson medical, wonder how his stats would compare now vs pre-injury, is he fully fit again post that injury?

AFCBade - 15/8/2016 14:17

Pleased Marc is joining us. On the subject of a Callum Wilson medical, wonder how his stats would compare now vs pre-injury, is he fully fit again post that injury?

Physically fit yes but not really match fit, sharp or confident. Has he banished thoughts of his knee fully yet ? It may take a while and that is my nagging worry.

The Alchemist - 15/8/2016 16:29

AFCBade - 15/8/2016 14:17

Physically fit yes but not really match fit, sharp or confident. Has he banished thoughts of his knee fully yet ? It may take a while and that is my nagging worry.

The only way to overcome this is to keep playing him. As we saw last season though I think king's game suffers as a result.

I think with Callum it's important to remember that he's only played 14 Premier League games. He's still learning to play at this level, and is a year behind schedule compared to the team mates he got promoted with.

Re Marc Wilson.... Great signing IMO

RE Callum Wilson... He got absolutely zero service on Sunday... So take nothing from that performance. EHs biggest challenge in the coming weeks is to work out how best to support Callum up top...

We find ourselves in a great position with so many options. It's just who fits where best.

I'm delighted with this signing.

He's a solid defender with 6 years experience of the PL, the rest of the team can learn a lot from him.

Gives us additional depth at the back too as we have Cook, Ake, Francis, Wilson, and Potentially Mings all able to play CB - with Francis, both Smiths', Daniels all able to play on the flanks.

If they can't push each other to develop and improve then I don't know who could. Eddie should be having selection nightmares in a week or two - and I look forward to it.

agreed, great competition and selection dilemmas; every player needs someone breathing down their neck for their place in the side to prevent any complacency and improve performance

SlowDownDerek - 15/8/2016 21:54

I still think we need cover at right back. Franno can't be RB cover if he's first choice CB.

Marc Wilson will cover both CB and RB. 3 players who can play RB is probably enough.

The Alchemist - 15/8/2016 22:23

I still think we need cover at right back. Franno can't be RB cover if he's first choice CB.

Marc Wilson will cover both CB and RB. 3 players who can play RB is probably enough.

Probably right. I just worry with players being relied upon as cover for multiple positions, especially when our right back cover is a first choice CB. I've not seen Wilson at full back since he played there for us so I'm not sure how he would operate as an AFCB type RB. I suppose Mings is the unknown quantity (and Eunan of course).

NornIron - 15/8/2016 22:38

Eunan played there all pre-season ;-)

Although I've slated him in CM at this level I won't write him off as a RB because you never know. If Eddie reckons he can do it then he must have something. Instinctively you wouldn't think he would be any good there but I remember saying that about Lee Bradbury.

Eunan and Macca were only put there because they had no one else,nothing to do with converting Eunan to a right back.
A bit like in Sunday league where the poo-pooest player gets put at left back ....

;