Winning Mentality

Barnsley have more passion AND better players....the Results are telling us This...and these added up, is what the function of a league table is For !

Results.....Tables.

Its how we finished above Watford in 14/15.

Barnsley have more passion AND better players....the Results are telling us This...and these added up, is what the function of a league table is For !

Results.....Tables.

How come we beat them 4 nil earlier in the season then ?

Another frustrating performance in the sense of we had them on the racks for nearly the whole of the firts half and end up 1-0 down.

My observations for what it's worth and I will be staying away from the "easy" conclusions of they don't care, lazy etc as I don't believe that.

For the problem we have had all season has been not playing 4 at the back which hopefully we have now resolved and at the other end is proper width with overlapping players (not necessarily the fully backs) and the fact we don't have a striker that can play the lone striker role, Solanke is giving it a good go and Long looks ineffective without a partner - this is a big part of what is costing us at the moment.

The other really frustrating thing, we have lost the pace and build up play in the final 30 yards that we see in abundance everywhere on the pitch - I'd love to see the stats on how many shots we have had from outside the box compared to in it over the last 15 games. The like of Cook, Stanilas, Danjuma are happy to shot from anywhere rather than unlock the defence. We are simply not playing as a team when we attack.

Stanilas and Danjuma are fine footballers but right now god I miss the intelligence of Pugh to be able to hold a ball up, beat a player and pass/cross to his team mate as well as his partnership with Daniels, this is an example of what we are missing and you can make the same case for Franno, Ritchie /turd. Etc

Let's hope in the summer we address the winger, striker concern and we will be. Lot better.

I actually saw some faint signs of danjuma and Kelly having a partnership yesterday. It must help when players are played in the same positions for a few consecutive games and not to keep chopping and changing the team.
They weren't holding hands when they came out of the changing rooms were they?

Results.....Tables.

Barnsley have a team more effective in championship at present but they don’t have better players.

Teams tend to attack Barnsley so they play on counter attack while a lot of teams shut up shop against us and invite us to breakdown their defence whilst looking for set pieces to attack us. Very different set up.

Teams that attack us have seen us play differently eg Norwich and Watford home games where we won despite low possession. Even Cardiff conceded about six decent chances against us the other week.

Barnsley have a team more effective in championship at present but they don’t have better players.

Teams tend to attack Barnsley so they play on counter attack while a lot of teams shut up shop against us and invite us to breakdown their defence whilst looking for set pieces to attack us. Very different set up.

Teams that attack us have seen us play differently eg Norwich and Watford home games where we won despite low possession. Even Cardiff conceded about six decent chances against us the other week.

Thats that sorted then...we have better pla yers....but we are not as effective as teams that have not so good players but a better set up.
So basically we need to sign some less good players but get a better set up.

A lot of talk about Barnsley lately and their manager.

Only seen them twice this season, when we drubbed them 4-0 in their own backyard, and when they lost to Chelsea in the cup.

When we done them, it was an easy win. I thought they gave Chelsea a bloody good game in the cup and were unlucky to lose.

A lot of talk about Barnsley lately and their manager.

Only seen them twice this season, when we drubbed them 4-0 in their own backyard, and when they lost to Chelsea in the cup.

When we done them, it was an easy win. I thought they gave Chelsea a bloody good game in the cup and were unlucky to lose.
I think we were pretty ruthless with our fininshing that night tbf......it wasn't as easy as the score line suggests either ....they created loads of chances .
Ismael wasn't in the job for long at the time either....they are a different team now......as are we sadly.

I think that we can grind out a few results but we cannot hide from the fact that the blend of players and characters we have in the squad does not have the right balance to be successful. There is more rebuilding that needs to be done.
Spot on we need to get rid of players that think they are to good for this team & don't really try. I would rather see the lads come through at least they will try. I think Brooks just is not up to it, he spends most of his time in sick bay. He is so different for the lad who had everything pace skill & scored goals. He has not been anywhere near his self since his first injury. He reminds me of old DA . Billing is not consistent enough, also one paced & he can't head a ball. We need players that want to play for our club. I would rather see us loose with a team that gives us their all. We have to stop thinking this side is anywhere near good enough for promotion.

;