With! No thread on the accounts yet?

Never understood the hysteria on this topic while Max has been in charge. As I have said ad nauseam - its Max's problem. The only way he gets his money back is if we stay in the PL and finds someone to buy the club or he manages a gradual sell off of players to reduce his stake while still keeping us up.
Who would you rather have as a creditor Max or HMRC.

Never understood the hysteria on this topic while Max has been in charge. As I have said ad nauseam - its Max's problem. The only way he gets his money back is if we stay in the PL and finds someone to buy the club or he manages a gradual sell off of players to reduce his stake while still keeping us up.
Who would you rather have as a creditor Max or HMRC.

Certainly a better creditor to have but that figure is very high vs the stated personal wealth of Max. In unstable times wealth has a habit of going down depending on where it is invested.

Ake is our best player - FACT - No Championship team gets more than 25m for their best - FACT. Al is right with his facts this time and if you can't see it then you're as Nige Pearson would say a phucking ostrich,
didnt sissoko join spurs from Newcastle for 30 mill when they were in championship?

very true, hopefully Max is making a bigger fortune trading oil in a volatile market at the moment.

I am sure max knows what is he doing and, given that we have faced relegation battles before, must have a relegation scenario. I think we lose 45% of premier league payments in year 1 so we need a few player sales just to break- even before repaying back loans.

This :
“The directors continue to maintain close control over cash flow and continue to develop and maintain policies with the aim of ensuring the club is run in a sustainable and successful manner."
This :
“Shortly after the year end, the club sold three players for a profit of £22.6million. Clearly, if these sales had been made before 30th June 2019, this would have removed a large portion of the loss for the year.”
And most importantly this :
“The club sees retention of key staff as a key ingredient to success and the directors consider the financial position of the company to be satisfactory."

If the directors are happy and they are aware of their exposure then frankly I'm happy too. We will always be dependent upon a sympathetic and generous benefactor as pretty much EVERY CLUB these days will be.

To refactor a Ken Tyrrell quote for football purposes :
"The only way to make a small fortune in football is to start with a big one !"

Pretty much every team would be in the brown stuff if their benefactor pulled the plug on them. Fortunately there seem to be enough wealthy loonies out there prepared to burn money by owning their own football club.

Nobody knows how long Max will consider his investment in AFCB to be worthwhile but for now I'm just glad that we have him and will leave the worrying to him. There is nothing we can do about AFCB's finances anyway, so there is absolutely no point in losing sleep over them if Max doesn't.

The amazing thing is that our accounts now dwarf that of Wintel Petrochemicals. I know Max resigned as a director in 2018 but his family still own it. Hopefully they have fingers in a few other pies or plenty of roubles in the bank.

That is where you are wrong my dear friend. Due to a crippling loose bowel condition I regularly **************** the bed but it’s been weeks since my last urine accident HAHAHAHAHA another opponent defeated it a battle of wits with the MIGHTY WAZ

'The Mighty Waz' sounds like the full-bladdered, desperate pee you have when your away coach FINALLY arrives at the ground!

I predict a huge crash in football finances as every other industry. An awful lot of people have / will be made redundant and thats's an awful lot more people on benefits, which will be paid for [as will business bail-outs] by the taxes of people still working.
People are going to have much less money to spend on lesiure, and certainly going to resent paying for footballers to drive Hummers
So where Ake may have been worth £40m, i think we might suddenly find he is worth 10-20

;