With! No thread on the accounts yet?

To be fair Al, didn't you have a similar rant about us sending Mings out on loan? That ended up rocketing his value by about £20m.

Plus, any complaint about the Arter situation lacks empathy.

As usual, with the accounts, I can't win......but I think people are now understanding.

It's the same people here moaning about the debt, who moan we haven't enhanced the squad enough. Doom and gloom, whichever. Our friend Al has been saying for as long as this boards been here, that the finances are going to send us under.
At the end of the day, if we stay in the premier league, this isn't an issue, with the money coming in. If we get relegated then significant player sales, and all depends on max, if he calls in his loans then we are in trouble, given he owns the club, would that make sense.
All those screaming for us to spend god knows what on a stadium, perhaps they can see now why that hasn't happened.
My comment earlier in the post, is look at 90% of football clubs, they have similar finances to us.

Firstly, Max could take out his money. Sell King, Ake, and Brooks, money recovered. Big losses but he may choose to get some of his money back if we go down. There is issue of the wages which are pretty big. On paper we are losing a lot. Clearly that can't carry on. I think we will lose two of our best players in the summer to start to keep loses down.

Firstly, Max could take out his money. Sell King, Ake, and Brooks, money recovered. Big losses but he may choose to get some of his money back if we go down. There is issue of the wages which are pretty big. On paper we are losing a lot. Clearly that can't carry on. I think we will lose two of our best players in the summer to start to keep loses down.
Exactly, assets currently outweigh debts, if we sold ake, wilson, king, brooks, ramsdale, lerma, how much would we get, £150 -200m?
So what's the panic ?

If we go down, doesn't matter who you decipher whose our most valuable player whether it's Wilson, King, Ake, Lerma or Brooks. Personally Ake is the best player we have and we'd be lucky to get £25m for him if we go down.

So even if we manage to sell our 5 best players its down a black hole and we then just have a terrible squad with a debt paid and some wages gone but obviously that would make us a lower mid table Championship club with a 11k stadium we don't own.

mismanaged in what way, apart from the usual suspects, ibe and solanke?
should we have been squirreling away money over the last few years to buy back the ground, increase capacity and therefore increase match-day income, or is it more deep rooted than that i.e. general incompetence of the board, chief exec....?
Put it this way, I don't think our club has been built on solid foundations, as others have we're trying to compete with in the premier league or if we go down to championship. I hope that doesn't come back to bite us.

:rofl:
Top bedwetting from a top bedwetter.

Ake is our best player - FACT - No Championship team gets more than 25m for their best - FACT. Al is right with his facts this time and if you can't see it then you're as Nige Pearson would say a phucking ostrich,

Ake is our best player - FACT - No Championship team gets more than 25m for their best - FACT. Al is right with his facts this time and if you can't see it then you're as Nige Pearson would say a phucking ostrich,

Oh look at you, misusing FACT like a low-rent Al :LOL:

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery - have you asked Al for tips on slopping gruel for hungry seaman?

I am a big advocate of free speech, but if I could choose one phrase to be banned on this forum it would be ‘bedwetter.’ Whether the reaction is justified or not, (most) people are just showing their concern for the situation that the club is in.
Bedwetter.

;