Wolves v AFC Bournemouth - Wednesday 7.45 pm

Very happy and chirpy Riverside Rocket trundling along the Motorway home in the light of a very full full moon. Speaking of full, the points bucket is chocker with not 1 but 3 points : )

Had we scored the second goal our play deserved, it would have been an almost perfect away performance. As it was, we allowed a poor Wolves team the chance to hope they might get something from the match, when their first hours play deserved what they got : )

Missed their first VAR goal but they took long enough deciding I assume the correct decision was made. Anyway, anything less than 3 points for us would have been a travesty : )

Travers or Neto? Both have strengths and weaknesses, I'm no goalkeeping coach, for me they're about the same but Travs edges it because he gave the Good Lady his shirt after the Blackburn away match in the Championship : )

I thought Kerkez might get a red at the time but hoped he wouldn't. Is it one or three match ban? : (

Great support tonight from everyone, hope the lads heard us. Great job from the singers. We had 7 wheelchairs there tonight, another great turnout for a midweek non-glory match. Spoke to two young wheelchair users up from Gloucester, really nice people, unfortunately they can't get the points to do home games. We really need a bigger stadium for everyone : )

Andoni (with Bill's backing) is doing something great here. Our one major failing is converting our attacking play into goals. He's strengthen so many of our weaknesses in less than a season, I'm confident it'll happen, hopefully against the pebble dashers on Sunday : )

Wolves fans we spoke to feel the same about Gary O'NEIL as we did last season. He's come in at the last minute with a weak (to them) squad, got survival assured early and beaten some of the big clubs. Not sure how much patience they'll have, if they find out he doesn't have any other tricks : )

Last edited:
So when does AI get to explain on TV how he outfoxed Gary O‘Neil ?

Surely, in the interest of balance, that interview will be forthcoming ?

*doesn‘t hold breath*

:rofl:

Now, if we can do the same to Brighton, then this season will have represented a huge step forwards for us as a club.

Let’s do this !

Think there may be something amiss in the second para.

Wolves did indeed improve in the second half, the introduction of Matheus Cunha followed by Boubacar Traore and Tawanda Chirewa proving the impetus that the home side thought had brought the equaliser when Hwang headed in Semedo's right-wing cross.

A VAR check revealed an off-the-ball foul by Cunha on Semedo in the build-up, much to the ire of Molineux. But the momentum was with Wolves and Kerkez's straight red card for a lunge on Doherty only added to the pressure that Bournemouth had to withstand.

Plenty to admire tonight but this could have easily been a repeat of the Luton away game; totally dominant first half that should have seen a 3 or 4 goal return but then a lack of goals giving hope to a very ordinary team. Thankfully VAR did its job to deny their equaliser.

Need to be more clinical if we aspire to a an European tour.

Pleasing fight shown to hold on to the lead after the red card. That wasn’t the actions of a team on the beach and good to see. Need to appeal that red card, a yellow card offence for me.

Although up high in the stand, I really enjoyed the viewpoint on the game and had a better overview of the pitch than say that Newcastle away section.

GON not wanting to discuss VAR was wise as both decisions on goals were correct and wolves given a big opportunity to sneak a point with the red card decision.

Last edited:
I called it in real time from the stream. It was closer in the end (get it?) than I thought, but he looked offside.
The angle they were checking from looked absolutely horrible, it looked like Kelly may have played him onside.

With the 8 million cameras at the ground,why did they use the one that was far deeper than the players.

Luckily the right decision prevailed.

Had Kluivert fell to the ground (as seems the norm these days) and stayed down that Wolves guy would have walked.

Kluivert has more class and chose not to get another professional sent off.

Kerkez red card was harsh,but if you dive in like that and get it wrong, you know you'll walk.

Was a great performance by the team, and they held out well for a deserved victory.

TAKE THAT..... Gary.

I’m not hearing any complaints about VAR tonight. You can’t swing your arm at someone and not give a foul. He’s lucky he didn’t get a red, if you think that Cook got a red in the reverse fixture for delicately, tenderly pushing his nose into Hwang. I don’t care whether it’s interfering with play or not, it’s technically violent conduct during the passage of play. Inarguable decision.

The offside is offside, all there is to it. It’s not the ones I like to see as a football fan, but that’s how it’s been for years now, we’ve all had them.

The Kerkez red card is probably a red; it’s debatable, but he went in with a lot of aggression and it could’ve been very reckless. Unfortunate but it is what it is.

I don’t think there can be any complaints at all. Every decision was understandable and correct. Semedo could easily have seen red for all his fouls, but whatever. The better team won. The better manager won. Up the Cherries.
Mostly agree, but the ref isn't 100% off the hook: violent conduct is a red, not a yellow. An incidental elbow to the head gets a caution, but an intentional one is violent conduct and a red every day of the week. Cunha looked back to see Kluivert and then immediately threw his elbow at his head, even though the contact was glancing and minimal the intent has to be punished. Arguably Ait-Nouri should also have been sent off for kicking Zabarnyi after the ball was gone and out of play, but I won't complain too much on that front since it was by the touchline and he could argue he was trying to keep the ball in play but was late, so just a foul instead of a violent conduct kick out (also probably got some leniency for it being in the first half).

Having seen the first one disallowed goal, we got very lucky there. Would have been fuming if that had been us
Only one to fume at is your own player when in that situation (though that hasn't stopped Wolves fans on social media from faulting the ref, slightly understandable since they've had a pattern of bad calls even though this was correctly disallowed). Idiot was lucky not to be sent off since it was intentional violent conduct, not just a flailing arm.

Lots of honourable mentions last night.
Obviously 3 points and 3 VAR reviews in our favour (that is it until 2026).
Travers in goal, Scott playing with freedom as he grew into the game, Semenyo for being back in the team and the goal,Cook and Christie Here There & Everywhere, our fans and Gary O'Neil for the way he shook hands with all of our staff and players at the final whistle.

If we keep our players next season and get just a touch more clinical, we're going to be a very decent team. We open up nearly every team we play against.

Let's play Devils advocate for a moment.

Solanke is likely to be sold, as Bill has alluded.

There are several players who we have either signed, or secured to long contracts who haven't contributed to being a massive improvement on what we already had.

Outtara
Billing
Traore
Neto
Radu
Fredericks
Randolph
Faivre
Adams
Scott
Unal

That's a whole pile of average, none of which who have massively improved what we already had.

The 'if we can keep this squad together' narrative is simply not true.

Which clubs above us are hankering to sign any of our current players?

Solanke...yes, has hit his highest high and should be sold.

Zabarnyi, yes a massive 'hit' by Richard Hughes.

Kerkez, yes likely to be a big 'hit' in the future.

Semenyo, yes, a very good find.

Kluivert, yes a tricky winger with a decent pedigree, and one for the future.

Outside of that, there are more players who are getting on a bit and need replacing.

Smith, done so well, and a great leader, but getting on.

Christie, 29 and has been amazing, but isn't getting younger.

Cook, similar.

Billing, hasn't influenced a game in eons.

Unal has looked enthusiastic but disappointing.

Faivre hasn't done a thing

Outtara maybe will get a chance between the sticks next week.

Traore has gone to Napoli?

Rothwell has gone to Coventry.

Lowe is out of favour

Brooks is at Southampton.

Dembele someone stupidly paid money for.

We need to cut the wheat from the chaff and add to the squad, not keep the ones we currently have, who don't perform

Andoni has been an inspiration, but half of the squad we have are shyte, likely to bemoved on or aging.

The PL is ruthless, and we are overloaded with average.

That's why what Andoni has achieved at this level, and with this squad is exceptional.

But hey, all like Wazs eulogy to Richard Hughes, after a win.

The squad is bloated with rubbish on big wages.

.....Waits for SDD to make a post.

'We're in the top ten and you make a post like this'

'I'm happy with where we are'

Etc etc.

It's a bigger picture, than overachiving because of the manager, and not the players.

Unless we upgrade the squad we have we will drop like a stone when Andoni leaves.

Last edited:
Agree, feel like it's one of those that the only outcome it can't be is a yellow. Either he tried to kick the ball and missed and got Zab and so no card, or he kicked out and so 'violent conduct' and it's a red.
If the kick out was a red then that's me nearly done....

Outtara
Billing
Traore
Neto
Radu
Fredericks
Randolph
Faivre
Adams
Scott
Unal
the contracts for billing and neto were on the back of good seasons isn't that when we want them to extend? billing especially has been a victim of AI system, 2 of the players you mentioned are loans so no long term expense, randolph and fredericks are out of contract this season so they are off the books, Scott is a highly regarded youngster the second knee injury really slowed his progress but still a good signing g in my opinion, traore was signed for a different system he is a very good player just not for the way aI plays we will make a loss on him for sure but had GON stayed he would of been a important player this season, Dango is very raw yes we over paid for him but can we read too much into the price or is it just bill shuffling money around? adams we took a punt on this season he hasn't worked but a bit of a rest now and a fit adams will be a asset for us, that leaves faivre and I'm lost to why he is here, he is trying hard when he comes on but he is no better then brooks unless the plan was always to sell brooks and he is the replacement
that my view on those players

Very similar thoughts to mine.

There were 4 or 5 Wolves players I would have in our squad from the last game.

Imagine what Andoni could do with those players.

Richard Hughes unearthed a gem of a manager.

Let's hope that's why Liverpool signed him, as his on field signings have been average at best.

Sign a brilliant manager who gets the best out of a bunch of misfits and take the accolades when they do well.

Liverpool have much higher standards than Bournemouth.

Let's see how he goes, but my prediction is he won't last 18 months there.

That was probably my most satisfying victory of the season. We were fantastic in the first half and really scrapped and dug in for the second. Great performance all round. We've got to start taking those chances though.

Travers looked assured.

Midfield creative.

Semenyo menacing, like the school bully.

Wolves probably have the most humourless fans in the league. Very strange, League of Gentlemenesque individuals, with a sense of entitlement. I reveled in their despair of the VAR decisions.

To crown the night, my son managed to snaffle Zab's shirt. As you can imagine, I had my nose buried in it for the drive home. What did it smell like, I hear you ask?

Like a f---ing winner!

Let's play Devils advocate for a moment.

Solanke is likely to be sold, as Bill has alluded.

There are several players who we have either signed, or secured to long contracts who haven't contributed to being a massive improvement on what we already had.

Outtara
Billing
Traore
Neto
Radu
Fredericks
Randolph
Faivre
Adams
Scott
Unal

That's a whole pile of average, none of which who have massively improved what we already had.

The 'if we can keep this squad together' narrative is simply not true.

Which clubs above us are hankering to sign any of our current players?

Solanke...yes, has hit his highest high and should be sold.

Zabarnyi, yes a massive 'hit' by Richard Hughes.

Kerkez, yes likely to be a big 'hit' in the future.

Semenyo, yes, a very good find.

Kluivert, yes a tricky winger with a decent pedigree, and one for the future.

Outside of that, there are more players who are getting on a bit and need replacing.

Smith, done so well, and a great leader, but getting on.

Christie, 29 and has been amazing, but isn't getting younger.

Cook, similar.

Billing, hasn't influenced a game in eons.

Unal has looked enthusiastic but disappointing.

Faivre hasn't done a thing

Outtara maybe will get a chance between the sticks next week.

Traore has gone to Napoli?

Rothwell has gone to Coventry.

Lowe is out of favour

Brooks is at Southampton.

Dembele someone stupidly paid money for.

We need to cut the wheat from the chaff and add to the squad, not keep the ones we currently have, who don't perform

Andoni has been an inspiration, but half of the squad we have are shyte, likely to bemoved on or aging.

The PL is ruthless, and we are overloaded with average.

That's why what Andoni has achieved at this level, and with this squad is exceptional.

But hey, all like Wazs eulogy to Richard Hughes, after a win.

The squad is bloated with rubbish on big wages.

.....Waits for SDD to make a post.

'We're in the top ten and you make a post like this'
k
'I'm happy with where we are'

Etc etc.

It's a bigger picture, than overachiving because of the manager, and not the players.

Unless we upgrade the squad we have we will drop like a stone when Andoni leaves.
At least get your facts right, Dembele was sold to Birmingham. Radu is on loan will leave at the end of the season.
Lewis Cook is 27, hardly past it, and with Christie was superb again last night.
Lowe hasn't been near the first team for years, and will be gone or loaned again.
Hardly as disastrous as your implying

;