Wolves v AFC Bournemouth - Wednesday 7.45 pm

I must give credit to Travers. I still believe that he is not a PL goalkeeper, but he did well last night and full credit to him.
Any credit to those that travelled and cheered the team to the points, even though you claimed it was a waste of time as we had no chance?

One extra positive today, away fans were this morning allowed in the Moon Under Water for breakfast, so we did. Didn't meet any balloonheads.

Any credit to those that travelled and cheered the team to the points, even though you claimed it was a waste of time as we had no chance?

One extra positive today, away fans were this morning allowed in the Moon Under Water for breakfast, so we did. Didn't meet any balloonheads.
I had good reason to believe that we would lose the game due to having a thin squad to choose from. However credit where it is due the team performed superbly under adversity and deserve credit.

If you are referring to the Wetherspoons Moon under Water in Cheltenham it was not surprising that there were no balloon heads present as Cheltenham is an affluent town and so, contains far fewer drunks, doppos, dossers and silly diddleys.

I had good reason to believe that we would lose the game due to having a thin squad to choose from. However credit where it is due the team performed superbly under adversity and deserve credit.

If you are referring to the Wetherspoons Moon under Water in Cheltenham it was not surprising that there were no balloon heads present as Cheltenham is an affluent town and so, contains far fewer drunks, doppos, dossers and silly diddleys.
Why the eff would any of our actual supporters be referring to a pub in Cheltenham when we played in Wolverhampton yesterday?

Please remove your head from your digestive departure lounge before replying to me again.

Just watched our game on the BBC MOTD and all three in the studio thought the red card was a very harsh decision.

Also noticed that was Wolves lowest league attendance this season by just short of 5,000, with 25,541 at the game.

Travers had a very impressive diving save in the first half. After that, not much to do really.
When I first turned the game on, a cross came in and I yelled "Grab it Neto!!" and then was pleasantly surprised when he did.
Later, I realized it was Travers.

We probably deserved to win, but the last 30 min were not pretty. Red card was harsh, as there were no studs (did look like studs at first though), but still very reckless. If he had hit him with the studs, I could see him getting an extended ban as Kerkez really flew in.

Should have been 2 or 3-nil though before any of those 'almost' goals by Wolves.

And yeah, calling back that goal for the foul (Kluivert barely flinched) was not something I would have agreed with had it ben the other way around.

This comment from the Wolves forum.

Really poor performance. Thoroughly outplayed and outthought. As always, can’t fault the effort but even with the extra man advantage, we looked fairly short of ideas. VAR with its now customary joy-stealing moment but that shouldn’t mask how comprehensively second-best we were.

Bournemouth were superb throughout. Looked incredibly well-coached and their movement and fluidity was streets ahead of ours. Solanke’s hold-up play was excellent, with Kluivert, Semenyo, Scott and Christie all superb playing off him. Kerkez looked a real player until the sending off.

That was probably my most satisfying victory of the season. We were fantastic in the first half and really scrapped and dug in for the second. Great performance all round. We've got to start taking those chances though.

Travers looked assured.

Midfield creative.

Semenyo menacing, like the school bully.

Wolves probably have the most humourless fans in the league. Very strange, League of Gentlemenesque individuals, with a sense of entitlement. I reveled in their despair of the VAR decisions.

To crown the night, my son managed to snaffle Zab's shirt. As you can imagine, I had my nose buried in it for the drive home. What did it smell like, I hear you ask?

Like a f---ing winner!
Well, that pretty much summarizes how I saw the game. Excellent football for around 65 minutes only let down by finishing. Different when Kerkes got his marching orders and we had to defend which we did with good structure. Our midfield bossed that game, with so many intercepts or tackles won (Matt might correct me on that). I thought Scott had his best overall game for us but he does need to build up his strength in holding off the opposition running close to him. I thought Travers looked confident and calm and it was great to see him catching those crosses and not punching everything like Neto tries to do. Dom's movement was very good as was that of Semenyo. Kluivert was lively throughout. Wolves offered very little until we were down to 10 but even then, and apart from the disallowed goal at the end, we didn't look in any trouble, although knowing our vulnerability to conceding when we've dictated a game, I was a bit nervous we might see a repeat. I think the Kerkez sending-off was just about right. He has a propensity for overcommitting early into a tackle, and as he went in with some speed, even though he tucked his knees away, I thought the inevitable would happen. I see we're appealing against the red card, but I will be surprised if that gets overturned. That suggests Kelly will be in for the remainder of the season which is a bit of a concern, not because I don't rate him highly as I do, but with a new club on the horizon how committed he might be to ensure he isn't injured before his move.

At least get your facts right, Dembele was sold to Birmingham. Radu is on loan will leave at the end of the season.
Lewis Cook is 27, hardly past it, and with Christie was superb again last night.
Lowe hasn't been near the first team for years, and will be gone or loaned again.
Hardly as disastrous as your implying
I think Lowe's contract comes to an end in the close season. He'll be a free to anyone who wants him.

Very similar thoughts to mine.

There were 4 or 5 Wolves players I would have in our squad from the last game.

Imagine what Andoni could do with those players.

Richard Hughes unearthed a gem of a manager.

Let's hope that's why Liverpool signed him, as his on field signings have been average at best.

Sign a brilliant manager who gets the best out of a bunch of misfits and take the accolades when they do well.

Liverpool have much higher standards than Bournemouth.

Let's see how he goes, but my prediction is he won't last 18 months there.
On that showing there isn't anyone from last night's Wolves team I would take.

I
Let's play Devils advocate for a moment.

Solanke is likely to be sold, as Bill has alluded.

There are several players who we have either signed, or secured to long contracts who haven't contributed to being a massive improvement on what we already had.

Outtara
Billing
Traore
Neto
Radu
Fredericks
Randolph
Faivre
Adams
Scott
Unal

That's a whole pile of average, none of which who have massively improved what we already had.

The 'if we can keep this squad together' narrative is simply not true.

Which clubs above us are hankering to sign any of our current players?

Solanke...yes, has hit his highest high and should be sold.

Zabarnyi, yes a massive 'hit' by Richard Hughes.

Kerkez, yes likely to be a big 'hit' in the future.

Semenyo, yes, a very good find.

Kluivert, yes a tricky winger with a decent pedigree, and one for the future.

Outside of that, there are more players who are getting on a bit and need replacing.

Smith, done so well, and a great leader, but getting on.

Christie, 29 and has been amazing, but isn't getting younger.

Cook, similar.

Billing, hasn't influenced a game in eons.

Unal has looked enthusiastic but disappointing.

Faivre hasn't done a thing

Outtara maybe will get a chance between the sticks next week.

Traore has gone to Napoli?

Rothwell has gone to Coventry.

Lowe is out of favour

Brooks is at Southampton.

Dembele someone stupidly paid money for.

We need to cut the wheat from the chaff and add to the squad, not keep the ones we currently have, who don't perform

Andoni has been an inspiration, but half of the squad we have are shyte, likely to bemoved on or aging.

The PL is ruthless, and we are overloaded with average.

That's why what Andoni has achieved at this level, and with this squad is exceptional.

But hey, all like Wazs eulogy to Richard Hughes, after a win.

The squad is bloated with rubbish on big wages.

.....Waits for SDD to make a post.

'We're in the top ten and you make a post like this'

'I'm happy with where we are'

Etc etc.

It's a bigger picture, than overachiving because of the manager, and not the players.

Unless we upgrade the squad we have we will drop like a stone when Andoni leaves.
I agree that lots of the players you've mentioned haven't done much, but based on what he's contributed over the previous three seasons, I think we were right to extend Billing. He just doesn't fit in Andonis set up, but I will remember him as one of our good players. I think he'll leave in the summer, and we should be able to get decent money for him.

I’m amazed by some of our play, we really are a very good side. Yet again we should have been out of sight by half time, I’d be interested if Matt with the stats knows what our goals to chances ratio is.
VAR proving itself to be a joke again, the standards of the officials has gone off a cliff since its introduction.
I was glad to see their first goal ruled out as it was a foul throw, a rule, like obstruction, that isn’t even bothered with anymore.
I didn’t think Kerkez red was even a foul. He’ll be off on his holidays early now and he can afford the fine. Will ONeil be giving his tactical insight on the game on Monday night? UTC

I’m amazed by some of our play, we really are a very good side. Yet again we should have been out of sight by half time, I’d be interested if Matt with the stats knows what our goals to chances ratio is.
VAR proving itself to be a joke again, the standards of the officials has gone off a cliff since its introduction.
I was glad to see their first goal ruled out as it was a foul throw, a rule, like obstruction, that isn’t even bothered with anymore.
I didn’t think Kerkez red was even a foul. He’ll be off on his holidays early now and he can afford the fine. Will ONeil be giving his tactical insight on the game on Monday night? UTC
I read the xg was only 2-1 to afcb?

Do think often our good openings fail to result in must score chances but we had so clear chances first half

;