Would Max benefit if we’re relegated?

They are only worth total of about £ 20 million.... if you wear glasses!
No one has made any offers yet have they?
We have grossly over- estimated the value of Wilson and Fraser. Ake is about £15 million id say! The rest about £5 million in total!

Could sell £200m + of players without criticism and still sell the club for a profit. Saves breaking even every year I suppose
The "saves breaking even" bit of your post almost implies he might be somehow happy to see us relegated, or worse, that he's complicit in this poor run because he'd benefit.

Apologies if I've totally misread what you are saying.

The "saves breaking even" bit of your post almost implies he might be somehow happy to see us relegated, or worse, that he's complicit in this poor run because he'd benefit.

Apologies if I've totally misread what you are saying.
The point being Rob is, as I see it Max would not be out of pocket if we were relegated. It could actually be just another commercial investment for him. Even relegated our squad value gives him a return.
Only complicit if he appeared on the pitch and unless I’m wrong he hasn’t even appeared in the ground this season

The point being Rob is, as I see it Max would not be out of pocket if we were relegated. It could actually be just another commercial investment for him. Even relegated our squad value gives him a return.
Only complicit if he appeared on the pitch and unless I’m wrong he hasn’t even appeared in the ground this season
But he invested way before the Prem, with very little return. So if he made a return would that be an issue? He has never seemed to be in this for the short term.

I'm really baffled by the point you're making, or why you've asked the question. I'm probably being very dense!

Surely his shares in the club are worth a load more now than they would be if we go down.

For a start the value of the players will drop dramatically if we go down.

So what would be the value of the club in the championship,bearing in mind a large wage bill , much reduced TV income and no ground? What do you think the asking price would be?

The club owes him a ton of loan money - north of £50M? So to break even he needs that back plus whatever he paid. Call it £60M for fun.

For him to be able to get that out with any sort of return without doing an Oyston would be pretty tricky. I agree that the AFCB Ltd balance sheet could be temporarily inflated by a big whack through a firesale, parachute payments and no reinvestment. That's one thing but then getting that money out of the club into Max's account without him ending up in hot water (again - Oyston) is another thing entirely.

it does make you wonder how he ever WILL get his money back though. With no real asset, living hand-to-mouth on TV money and not much of a profit each year, it isn't a massively sound investment vehicle surely?

I guess the next period will show us all how Maxim views the club. If staying in the PL is the be all and end all, he will either allow Eddie to sign a few players to make sure we stay up.....or he will sack him.

If Eddie stays and we do go down, I'd suggest Maxim still wants to back us in the longer term.

Norwich seem to make money by going up and pocketing the cash, not investing (saving 100m) selling a couple (30m?) and get parachute payments then recruit well and repeat. Perhaps we are going to copy?

How? considering we get 120 mill each year i really dont see how we could and with ffp he cant dump money into the club even as loans

;