Wrexham AFC

Im guessing the fans are pleased with this, in general.

There was a guy from their supporters Trust on the radio who said something along the lines of "yeah, it could be a gimmick and end in tears, but we've been in the bin for 15 years so even if it's just a bit a laugh it'll be a good thing"

Not a million miles away from my thoughts when our owner started splashing the cash.

There was a guy from their supporters Trust on the radio who said something along the lines of "yeah, it could be a gimmick and end in tears, but we've been in the bin for 15 years so even if it's just a bit a laugh it'll be a good thing"

Not a million miles away from my thoughts when our owner started splashing the cash.

yeah, gives at least a glimmer of hope/excitement for the fans after years of cr4p.

The talk over here is that "McReynolds" will be trying to take it in the direction of a reality show, as opposed to a documentary a la Sunderland. Get people involved, maybe it can generate both local and far-reaching interest. Not sure how you do that (imagine a fan vote system to name the starting XI ..... just like it would work really well for the Cherries on here!). Could turn into a circus, I suppose, but as many of their supporters are indicating, it's worth a shot.

Remember Notts County and the Sven Erikson saga ! Went pear- shaped perty damn quick....but hopefully this will be OK...a real little football town!

The Panorama programme on the Notts County saga was hysterical - Lord Mawhinney sitting there with gritted teeth while the journalist accuses the football League of incompetence! - Sven saying he knew something was wrong when they didn't have enough money to pay the milkman.

Not a good watch for long-suffering County fans, though

The talk over here is that "McReynolds" will be trying to take it in the direction of a reality show, as opposed to a documentary a la Sunderland. Get people involved, maybe it can generate both local and far-reaching interest. Not sure how you do that (imagine a fan vote system to name the starting XI ..... just like it would work really well for the Cherries on here!). Could turn into a circus, I suppose, but as many of their supporters are indicating, it's worth a shot.

Sounds like a Hollywood (literally!) version of the “MyFootballClub” experiment with Ebsfleet United back in the late noughties....think they had a couple of non league cup final successes before it all petered out

Having watched the Disney+ series, it certainly appears that they are doing their level best and getting them into the football league and making them a better club than before they walked in through the door.

How long term the project will prove once they reach league two who knows.

;