Wrexham AFC

I know they're playing Manchester United, but they ought to have a pre-season fixture against Infrastructure.

The media-darlings derby.

I love Rob as an actor and hated to see that when found out about it and hope he gets better, but as for the whole Wrexham thing from my fellow Americans, its all so damn cringey. Had no clue who they even were until a documentary came out and/or seeing it was Deadpool who bought them.

Now they are diehards? Give me a break. Maybe I am just sounding like a cynical old man(Even though just 36) lol, but just irritating how ESPN and other similar outlets are building them up each and every day.

But anyway, I digress.:LOL:

I love Rob as an actor and hated to see that when found out about it and hope he gets better, but as for the whole Wrexham thing from my fellow Americans, its all so damn cringey. Had no clue who they even were until a documentary came out and/or seeing it was Deadpool who bought them.

Now they are diehards? Give me a break. Maybe I am just sounding like a cynical old man(Even though just 36) lol, but just irritating how ESPN and other similar outlets are building them up each and every day.

But anyway, I digress.:LOL:
Agreed. Especially when some of them start chirping about how they’re better than MLS teams. Sure, upsets can absolutely happen… but no, a League Two team is not better than MLS teams.

I wouldn’t be so dismissive of League Two sides. When I watched a lot of MLS games on tv (this was before afcb were in the Championship so didn’t bother having sky), the standard was poor.

Sure the league had its stars. Beckham, Donovan etc, but Donovan showed the level the standard MLS stars were in the main when he moved to Everton, they were your lower average Premier League player.

The quality dropped off quickly, especially defensively and with every expansion side came a watering down of the talent pool.

I’m sure it’s greatly improved since and thus can’t comment. But back then, most Football League sides would have been far more organised and had enough quality spread in all positions to beat a New York Red Bulls even if they did have an ageing Thierry Henry.

A point on the supporter base though, it’s a temporary fad. Just like I watched the MLS due to initial interest in something new with David Beckham (and a lack of alternative football on tv to watch), I haven’t watched it since as I have no connection to it.

But at least they’re shifting some extra shirts and they’re able to land some pretty high profile sponsors which must be helping the club.

I wouldn’t be so dismissive of League Two sides. When I watched a lot of MLS games on tv (this was before afcb were in the Championship so didn’t bother having sky), the standard was poor.

Sure the league had its stars. Beckham, Donovan etc, but Donovan showed the level the standard MLS stars were in the main when he moved to Everton, they were your lower average Premier League player.

The quality dropped off quickly, especially defensively and with every expansion side came a watering down of the talent pool.

I’m sure it’s greatly improved since and thus can’t comment. But back then, most Football League sides would have been far more organised and had enough quality spread in all positions to beat a New York Red Bulls even if they did have an ageing Thierry Henry.

A point on the supporter base though, it’s a temporary fad. Just like I watched the MLS due to initial interest in something new with David Beckham (and a lack of alternative football on tv to watch), I haven’t watched it since as I have no connection to it.

But at least they’re shifting some extra shirts and they’re able to land some pretty high profile sponsors which must be helping the club.
Mls level keeps improving and they compete to a similar level to Liga mx the Mexican league. Overall it’s average to lower championship level

Talking about plans for a 45-55k capacity stadium...

My American cousin in Denver supports them and has been to watch them play. If that can happen i would expect them to fill the ground! Rightly or wrongly, a team for the era of social media !

Of all the club documentary’s that have become so popular I found Wrexhams to be the cringiest by far .. made by Americans for Americans .

Of all the club documentary’s that have become so popular I found Wrexhams to be the cringiest by far .. made by Americans for Americans .

Personally found that part of the charm. But then again it’s the only one I’ve watched other than the 92 one about Salford.

Personally found that part of the charm. But then again it’s the only one I’ve watched other than the 92 one about Salford.
I include one of the originals and still the best about a little club coming up through the leagues ..I think it’s called “ together anything is possible …liked the Newcastle one also .

I do wonder what would happen if they get stuck in L1 midtable for 5-6 years. Look how long it took Sunderland to get out of the division.

'Cringeworthy' is an understatement on steroids regarding Wrexham!..Christ on a Bike !
It's like a gilded cornice in design but crap in it's application....'over the pond' garbage...and related I'd say to something that might grow on your foot after tramping through the Congo !

;