You have one choice who do you want?

Eddie.

A fascinating thread, illustrating that whoever gets the job will be greeted with a collective groan of disapproval by about 80% of the fanbase :grinning:

I don't think so. The fact that we had to choose one was tricky - I'm sure most people could have picked several candidates they'd be happy(ish) with

I don't think so. The fact that we had to choose one was tricky - I'm sure most people could have picked several candidates they'd be happy(ish) with
Of course, but there are some definite "camps"... experienced "sort em out" candidates, younger but with potential candidates, completely left field candidates and Eddie devotees like me.

I don't realistically expect to get my wish but I do look down the list at some of them and think "please no"...

Eddie.

A fascinating thread, illustrating that whoever gets the job will be greeted with a collective groan of disapproval by about 80% of the fanbase :grinning:

can't disagree, I'm neither particularly for or against any of the potential candidates so will give it a bit of a meh when it's announced

[gut feel, someone like Pearson who can put rockets up back-sides. No chance Terry will leave Villa when they're doing so well]

Serious suggestion this time: Darren Moore.

Did well as caretaker at West Brom and was unlucky he didn't manage to save them from relegation. Then had them 4th in the table the next season when they sacked him.

Took over at Doncaster and now has them third in the L1 table but with games in hand that could take them clear.

He's young for a manager and likes to play attacking and expressive football (from a little reading around, I haven't seen them play).

Plus, stealing Doncaster's manager would feel like some very, very cold served revenge.

Yes like this. Not many names have perked my interest, but this one would have me intrigued.

ooh!! - Jurgen Klinsmann - I could go with that

Just imagine how Adam Smith could improve under his tutelage.

NKQW4o.gif

;