You have one choice who do you want?

David Wagner. He got Huddersfield from Championship to Premier League, and while he was there encouraged close links between Club and community. Need to try an outsider now.

Nigel Clough

Honourable guy but won’t inspire likes of danjuma solanke or brooks.

Have to say the Chelsea stars under lampard looked as interested as our players do.

It’s a tough option for the board, which is probably why they went for JT in the end especially as Scott Parker became unavailable (if that rumour was true)

Wagner seems a credible shout as others have suggested

Off the top of my head the last manager appointed who had no connection with the club, was Don Megson, he was an absolute disaster...just saying...
I stand to be corrected on that

Plus easy to forget groves of course!

John bond, alec stock and Dave Webb were good appointments but outsiders.

Plus easy to forget groves of course!

John bond, alec stock and Dave Webb were good appointments but outsiders.
Groves was already at the club as was Dave Webb....Alec Stock ,imo.had had his day, and did very little....except his first game..;)

Groves was already at the club as was Dave Webb....Alec Stock ,imo.had had his day, and did very little....except his first game..;)

Good challenges! I meant as non past players so without the dna rather than already working at the club so had outsider ideas.

I think stock was a good short term appointment - bit old but stopped the rot and able to oversee Dave Webb for a while before he took over.

Let's just face it ,whoever is appointed won't appeal to everyone.

Think that we need to give the new manager a good few games and resultant performances and results before we can come to any definitive conlusions.

Think that we need to give the new manager a good few games and resultant performances and results before we can come to any definitive conlusions.

Even Jonathan woodgate?

Don't be ridiculous, 2 games in he'll be slated

Happy clappers will want Woodgate if he wins against Birmingham and Burnley they're that short sighted and small time when literally anyone can get winning bounce after a manager is sacked (Zippy from Rainbow would lay it on the players for 2 games as caretaker and get couple of results).
The obsession with a having a former player manage the club by fans is also small time, we got lucky with EH and Redknapp. Twice in nearly half a century. All the rest were failures. SOD - Serial bottler who got a good team on paper relegated to L2 (Cardiff was great but we shouldn't have been there)
Machin - kept us up great escape but that 1st half of the season he was in charge was some of the worst football I've ever seen and he bottled the playoffs in 99.
Quinn, Bond, Groves (internal), Bradbury when will these fans learn ffs

Happy clappers will want Woodgate if he wins against Birmingham and Burnley they're that short sighted and small time when literally anyone can get winning bounce after a manager is sacked (Zippy from Rainbow would lay it on the players for 2 games as caretaker and get couple of results).
The obsession with a having a former player manage the club by fans is also small time, we got lucky with EH and Redknapp. Twice in nearly half a century. All the rest were failures. SOD - Serial bottler who got a good team on paper relegated to L2 (Cardiff was great but we shouldn't have been there)
Machin - kept us up great escape but that 1st half of the season he was in charge was some of the worst football I've ever seen and he bottled the playoffs in 99.
Quinn, Bond, Groves (internal), Bradbury when will these fans learn ffs
Don't think anyone wants Woodgate full time.
The rest of what you said is complete rubbish, got lucky with EH and Harry?
Most of the other managers worked with a zero budget and players sold constantly. Yes quinn groves were very poor appointments. Sod did amazing on a small budget. I think bond was unlucky remember we only got relegated with a 10 point deduction.

Don't think anyone wants Woodgate full time.
The rest of what you said is complete rubbish, got lucky with EH and Harry?
Most of the other managers worked with a zero budget and players sold constantly. Yes quinn groves were very poor appointments. Sod did amazing on a small budget. I think bond was unlucky remember we only got relegated with a 10 point deduction.

agree. Too often had to sell or not get that quality player to get us over the line. I do think we badly missed out on play offs twice (under sod and Mel) though.

;