Zemura and Anthony

It would be insane for them to reject new terms but they will also be well aware that their form and chemistry has been integral to our rise to the top, so I have no qualms about them holding out for the best deal they can get from us.

Hmmm hope they don't turn out to be the types to p*ss everyone about and refuse to sign a new deal

Bit harsh. If they fulfill the terms of their contract, they have done their job well and they are under no obligation to extend. Clubs have not helped themselves by blocking player moves after extensions through ridiculous valuations. We can't have it both ways. Jordan and Jaidon need to do what is right for them I think. If waiting to see if we get promoted is part of that, that is their right. If they decide to move on, that is also their right. The club will ultimately put itself first. Look at how loyal Steve Cook is seemingly being pushed out. I'm desperate for JZ and JA to stay but they need to do what is right for them. If they extend and then get the offer of an amazing opportunity elsewhere, there is no guarantee the club won't block a move.

Absolutely support Parker’s position on this. We don’t want this to be an ongoing distraction throughout the season a la Fraser. If we retain one year options on both, the club is in a pretty decent position.

At the same time, I agree that there is no issue with the players trying to secure the best deal possible for them, possibly even including an agreement that they can leave if a big club comes in with an acceptable offer.

To be fair they're here for this season, next season and optionally the season after that. There's no need to panic.

The idea of a release clause is actually appealing to me now because it gives a hard and fast negotiated (selling) valuation of a player. The player has signed to say they won't leave for less so can't really kick off and if the valuation becomes too low the club has to offer better terms.

To be fair they're here for this season, next season and optionally the season after that. There's no need to panic.

The idea of a release clause is actually appealing to me now because it gives a hard and fast negotiated (selling) valuation of a player. The player has signed to say they won't leave for less so can't really kick off and if the valuation becomes too low the club has to offer better terms.
Nope. They are here for this season and we have the option for next season.

https://www.soccer24.co.zw/2021/10/...wants-zemura-contract-extension-before-afcon/

AFC Bournemouth coach Scott Parker has urged the club’s hierarchy to extend the contract of Zimbabwean sensation Jordan Zemura, as soon as possible.
SP doesn't need to take to the media to tell the club that sort of thing - there are plenty of offices in the stadium for those sorts of conversations, which he has stated he has with them nearly every day. He also must talk daily to the players in training too.
My guess is that those comments are aimed more for all those around the players - agents, families and friends etc - who are probably whispering in their ears how they could be earning £100k a week playing for Liverpool in the Champions League.
I'm sure that SP has told them in person something along the lines of "Sign the contracts offered lads, and concentrate on playing football every week or you'll soon find yourselves back on the bench while players who have shown their commitment to AFCB take your places."

Bit harsh. If they fulfill the terms of their contract, they have done their job well and they are under no obligation to extend. Clubs have not helped themselves by blocking player moves after extensions through ridiculous valuations. We can't have it both ways. Jordan and Jaidon need to do what is right for them I think. If waiting to see if we get promoted is part of that, that is their right. If they decide to move on, that is also their right. The club will ultimately put itself first. Look at how loyal Steve Cook is seemingly being pushed out. I'm desperate for JZ and JA to stay but they need to do what is right for them. If they extend and then get the offer of an amazing opportunity elsewhere, there is no guarantee the club won't block a move.
I sit them down for chat with Josh McQoid about leaving a club too early after a purple patch. Your career can slide , quickly.

SP doesn't need to take to the media to tell the club that sort of thing - there are plenty of offices in the stadium for those sorts of conversations, which he has stated he has with them nearly every day. He also must talk daily to the players in training too.
My guess is that those comments are aimed more for all those around the players - agents, families and friends etc - who are probably whispering in their ears how they could be earning £100k a week playing for Liverpool in the Champions League.
I'm sure that SP has told them in person something along the lines of "Sign the contracts offered lads, and concentrate on playing football every week or you'll soon find yourselves back on the bench while players who have shown their commitment to AFCB take your places."

Indeed, there’s a tactic behind every comment a good manager says in public.

We’ve seen many a time how a players form dips after they’ve been rewarded by a new contract so whilst the players believe they’re increasing their stock with every good performance, the club also know that it’s acting as good motivation for some young players on (in context with the rest of the squad) low wages.

Bit of a disappointment to read it’s just the one year options that we already knew about for Zemura and Anthony.

So are these just 1 yr extensions...?
From COWS: "Striker Christian Saydee and defender Zeno Ibsen Rossi have both signed new contracts at Vitality Stadium. Saydee, 19, and Ibsen Rossi, 21, have put pen to paper on deals until June 2023 and June 2024 respectively.

Meanwhile, the club have taken up their option to extend the contracts of both Jaidon Anthony and Jordan Zemura until June 2023"

Not sure this is good news. It means we haven't been able to agree new contracts with them so are tying them down for next season in the only way we can.

Not sure this is good news. It means we haven't been able to agree new contracts with them so are tying them down for next season in the only way we can.
I think it is good news as, if we get promoted, they'll doubtless be another conversation. Meanwhile if they were minded to leave/were approached then at least their value will be greater.

Good news. Want Leif Davis to be ours too. Ultimately, I think he's as good as Zemura.

;