10 year net spend table

I'm losing track.

Is it a good thing that we have spent so much money or a bad thing ?

To become a big team we have to spend more than others but in doing that we are "buying" success according to rival fans. We still have a lot of catching up to do to get anywhere near the total spending of the Elite. They also get to offset their latest spending by selling the big money players they signed last year and the year before. That just makes their current spend look more acceptible.

Go on Bill shake up the Status Quo.
Altogether now "And I like it, I like it,...."

Last edited:
I'm losing track.

Is it a good thing that we have spent so much money or a bad thing ?

To become a big team we have to spend more than others but in doing that we are "buying" success according to rival fans. We still have a lot of catching up to do to get anywhere near the total spending of the Elite. They also get to offset their latest spending by selling the big money players they signed last year and the year before. That just makes their current spend look more acceptible.

Go on Bill shale up the Status Quo.
As long as we spend and see an upwards trajectory ( whilst avoiding FPP struggles ) it will continue, and I'd be fine with that.

If we start spending in desperation, in the hope that somehow splurging even more money on players, who are hardly any better than the ones we have, will somehow improve our league position, then that's when I would start to question it.

Like you say. We have a lot of catching up to do. Investing money wisely should speed up that process. If we are in a position to do so, we should. Then it is up to the coaching staff to turn that investment into improvement on the pitch.

:utc:

Agreed....so if you stop reacting in unison with a certain few others in the clique.. .I will turn it in.
It's always...always the same few.
You keep going Brian.
I was wondering the other day how the people that seem to be constantly on the look out for your posts would have reacted to the post ‘are we sure Frank isn’t a massive nonce’, if you had posted it.
Calling for a ban and lots of righteous indignation at a guess

You keep going Brian.
I was wondering the other day how the people that seem to be constantly on the look out for your posts would have reacted to the post ‘are we sure Frank isn’t a massive nonce’, if you had posted it.

Who's calling for a ban?

That has got nothing to do with the point I was making.

People get on Brian's back for offensive stuff like racism and homophobia. Or when he constantly bangs on about himself and 'the forum'. He wouldn't have got grief for making a nonce joke about Thomas Frank.

I like how we are going about things tbh. Not going to be negative like some and say we spent too much on injured players; they will be back soon and are very talented, and tbh if we did not get Adams and Scott now, their transfer value/fee next season when their skills are even more polished, would be significantly higher imo, than what we actually got them for.

Dango, Traore, Kerkez, Aarons, are all very talented, and young, players that are good enough to help us now and in the future also. I think to compete with the bigger clubs in this league you have to build for yearly success and get guys that the bigger clubs in essence deem not 'big' enough yet for them.

Regardless on how you want to look at it, overall this is the most talented squad I would say the Cherries have ever had? And given enough time, could be the most successful in the long run also.

Just have to be patient, which I know is easier said than done for some haha.

You keep going Brian.
Good point ...I was wondering when someone would catch on to that...Thanks.

People get on Brian's back for offensive stuff like racism and homophobia. Or when he constantly bangs on about himself and 'the forum'. He wouldn't have got grief for making a nonce joke about Thomas Frank.
I'm not Racist or Homophobic..I'm really not ...only ever attempted mild jokes or comments on stuff i'd observed on those subjects... which were once acceptable and are still accepted from professional comedians.

And Thomas Frank is not a Nonce... but that's accepted because some Forum members can't handle being beat by Brentford - Truly bizarre and disgusting and from a very flawed and bullying Forum sector !

Last edited:
I like how we are going about things tbh. Not going to be negative like some and say we spent too much on injured players; they will be back soon and are very talented, and tbh if we did not get Adams and Scott now, their transfer value/fee next season when their skills are even more polished, would be significantly higher imo, than what we actually got them for.

Dango, Traore, Kerkez, Aarons, are all very talented, and young, players that are good enough to help us now and in the future also. I think to compete with the bigger clubs in this league you have to build for yearly success and get guys that the bigger clubs in essence deem not 'big' enough yet for them.

Regardless on how you want to look at it, overall this is the most talented squad I would say the Cherries have ever had? And given enough time, could be the most successful in the long run also.

Just have to be patient, which I know is easier said than done for some haha.
Spot on there, great post, totally agree with all of that :thumbup:

The alternative is accepting that we’re lucky to be here and never attempting to do any better.

Foley and co. need to add value to AFCB and that means establishing ourselves as a persistent PL club and also having a squad of players with the potential to bring a profit in the future.

We might not like our football club being run as a business but in this day and age it is the best way for us to see some sort of progress and growth in our standing.

After everything else we’ve experienced, I am more than happy to roll with the new owners’ approach.

The upside to any downside is that they will have an exit strategy and will leave at some point. I’d like them to leave us in the best possible position, which I am sure is also their intention because it maximises their return on investment.

Another era is bound to come and could well be worse, so I’m happy to just enjoy this crazy one while it lasts.

:utc:

Im uncomfortable with the spend, but it cheers me up that it pisses off fans of other clubs who whine about 'plucky Bournemouth'.
it only works out around 30 mill a year but the difference now is we seem to be investing more in up and coming players, it might take a few years to see results from that but hopefully we can make money from players which in turn should reduce investment when it comes to replacing them

;