10 year net spend table

Would be interesting to know if there are more than 11 clubs who have been in the premier league for more years than us over that period.
We're looking for teams that have spent 6 (or 7?) of the last 10 years in the Premier League?

From above:
Arsenal
Man City
Man Utd
Liverpool
Everton
Palace
Chelsea
West Ham
Spurs
Newcastle

Definites
Leicester
Scummers
Villa
Wolves

Maybes
Fulham
Sunderland
Burnley
Watford
Brighton

We're looking for teams that have spent 6 (or 7?) of the last 10 years in the Premier League?

From above:
Arsenal
Man City
Man Utd
Liverpool
Everton
Palace
Chelsea
West Ham
Spurs
Newcastle

Definites
Leicester
Scummers
Villa
Wolves

Maybes
Fulham
Sunderland
Burnley
Watford
Brighton

They're including £120m of spending from this season so it would have to be seven years. And that's the biggest thing, we're at the thick end of a huge three window investment cycle. If you had done this just after promotion we'd be well down and, for example, Watford would be well above us. They've now had two seasons of recouping in the Championship whilst we've been spending so we're well above them.

Plus, we're the only team in that list who had a Category 3 youth setup in that time. We have invested more and it's finally starting to bring players through, but nothing like the graduates every other team had over that time. Even if they were just to sell on and balance their books a bit.

There's a huge overhanging bill turning us from a League 1 club into a PL team that none of them had to pay. We're still playing catch up but hang around another five years or so and we'll at least have a generation coming through that had the investment and facilities, at which point it comes down to how well the youngsters have been selected and coached.

They're including £120m of spending from this season so it would have to be seven years. And that's the biggest thing, we're at the thick end of a huge three window investment cycle. If you had done this just after promotion we'd be well down and, for example, Watford would be well above us. They've now had two seasons of recouping in the Championship whilst we've been spending so we're well above them.

Plus, we're the only team in that list who had a Category 3 youth setup in that time. We have invested more and it's finally starting to bring players through, but nothing like the graduates every other team had over that time. Even if they were just to sell on and balance their books a bit.

There's a huge overhanging bill turning us from a League 1 club into a PL team that none of them had to pay. We're still playing catch up but hang around another five years or so and we'll at least have a generation coming through that had the investment and facilities, at which point it comes down to how well the youngsters have been selected and coached.

Just trying to answer the question honestly without bias. Like daveyboy19 I don't see a lot of meaning in it so I'll leave it to others to place meaning on it.

All I will say is that when we came up we rarely complained whenever it came up that Wilson was £2M and Arter was £200k.

MONEY is the Thing...the talking point !

Football the Fling....flung to the back of the joint !

Shove it ...the Money... up your @rse!

Just trying to answer the question honestly without bias. Like daveyboy19 I don't see a lot of meaning in it so I'll leave it to others to place meaning on it.

All I will say is that when we came up we rarely complained whenever it came up that Wilson was £2M and Arter was £200k.
Without going all NSC. I thought Wilson was £3 Million and Arter was a few grand.

I do think we need to sell better. When we got relegated we sold Ake, Wilson, Ramsdale for £80m and the season after got £20m for Danjuma in 2021 for 100m in 1 year which I presume has given us bit more leeway for FFP as it's rounded up every 3 years but since then it's I presume been less than a £1m for Pearson, Dembele, Saydee combined in the last 2 year in total and a few loan fees.

I do think we need to sell better. When we got relegated we sold Ake, Wilson, Ramsdale for £80m and the season after got £20m for Danjuma in 2021 for 100m in 1 year which I presume has given us bit more leeway for FFP as it's rounded up every 3 years but since then it's I presume been less than a £1m for Pearson, Dembele, Saydee combined in the last 2 year in total and a few loan fees.
We've recently gone on a buying spree, a selling spree will be needed in a season or two.

I never expected us to ever make the Premier league, I thought we might get a few of seasons in the Champ at best.
Utterly amazing that we'd not only gotten to but stayed in the Prem!
Being one of the biggest spending clubs in the world atm trying to set up a squad to last for seasons to come is mind boggling.
Loving the success but the amounts of money spent warp my brain from sticking a few quid in a bucket back when I was younger and we were strugglign in league 2!

;