3/1 to beat Villa

Monmouthred

Star Player
I know we havent signed many, and those we have are injured, bar Tavernier, but we still won promotion with a decent points tally, and bar Phillips, the whole team is still available.

I'm not saying we are going to win on Saturday, but surely those odds are way too generous?

I think the negative narrative has gone way too far.

We will have a fully committed team, who want to prove a few things on Saturday, used to playing with each other.

Rose tinted specs for sure, but I have piled on those odds.

God knows why, but I am feeling pretty optimistic!

I know we havent signed many, and those we have are injured, bar Tavernier, but we still won promotion with a decent points tally, and bar Phillips, the whole team is still available.

I'm not saying we are going to win on Saturday, but surely those odds are way too generous?

We will have a fully committed team, who want to prove a few things on Saturday, used to playing with each other.

Good odds, but can see a draw.

Odds mean little in early season games...there is No Form to go by....more about fitness and preparation.

I like the way Parker is talking...his interviews are a revelation....he doesn't spout sh*t people want to hear...

Villa are no great shakes...nor is their bland manager.

We should sew this mofo up !

Had a peek on their forum as I always do with our next opponents, and their supporters seem to think this will be an easy win for them as they are so talented. If only they knew the greatness that awaits them.
Comfortable 3 - 0 win the the Cherries :utc:

Odds mean little in early season games...there is No Form to go by....more about fitness and preparation.

I like the way Parker is talking...his interviews are a revelation....he doesn't spout sh*t people want to hear...

Villa are no great shakes...nor is their bland manager.

We should sew this mofo up !

One of your posts I actually agree with!

The odds are too long, agreed.

Assuming that as expected we lose to Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool then the odds to stay up will be tempting - we’re already 2.75 which is very long for any team before a ball has been kicked, and the odds will certainly drift. Looks like we’re keen to get a few new signings in the door, so I’m not sure relegation is as nailed on as some may think.

I'd be confident of giving them a game if we were going to play 4-3-3, not so much with the formation we've been using over pre season.

Hopefully Parker reverts back until he's got the players in he needs, but can't see it.

We'll obviously set up to contain them with 10 men behind the ball for most of the game......this actually might be tough for Villa as they won't be used to teams playing like this against them....hopefully we can then have a decent 5 minute spell towards the end of the game when we get Stan on to deliver a ball onto Kieffer Moore's head.

We'll obviously set up to contain them with 10 men behind the ball for most of the game......this actually might be tough for Villa as they won't be used to teams playing like this against them....hopefully we can then have a decent 5 minute spell towards the end of the game when we get Stan on to deliver a ball onto Kieffer Moore's head.

I think that's pretty much how they beat us in our first ever PL game if memory serves me right.

I think we have a decent chance. We really are a couple of centre half’s away from making a decent fist of being able to get to 17th if we take the shackles off a bit. I think Villa will score but we have the players to score twice if Scott lets them attack and shoot. Tomorrow will tell us a lot if he has learnt from his season of over processing Fulham.

;