5th or 6th is still possible

Our only hope is the pressure will be off and there is always a side that goes on a late run. I know it’s an unpopular view but I’m also not convinced by CCV and think Kelly would be a better partner for Cook, it would mean bringing Rico back which is not ideal though....

Our only hope is the pressure will be off and there is always a side that goes on a late run. I know it’s an unpopular view but I’m also not convinced by CCV and think Kelly would be a better partner for Cook, it would mean bringing Rico back which is not ideal though....
Fingers crossed Neil. Probably more unpopular but I’d drop Cookie. I don’t think he’s providing the leadership on the field that a skipper should and is prone to costly slips at the moment.

Individually we have the best squad in the division but they do not gel. We are error prone at the back and weak on set pieces. I just hope the new coaches (Jordan, O'Neil) can train the players to work for each other instead of for themselves. Also how on earth can we leave a player of Wilshire's quality on the bench? Guy

What are the odds that JW makes 8 or 9 changes for the cup game and we look like a Sunday league team? Come to think of it we look like that at times without any changes!
You don’t make changes as a championship club if you get the FA Cup quarter final. Need to throw everything at it. Especially given that I’m fully expecting the league season to be confirmed as all but over tomorrow night.

Nope, and being next seasons Sheffield Utd would be awful.
Better we stayed in this league for a while.

Whilst I share your sentiment, I don't think the man upstairs does... I think we'd all settle for a period of transition/consolidation here in the Championship, if we had some kind of reassurances that in doing so the club would still be ok financially...

It's pretty obvious why Max wants the club back in the PL immediately, but as others have said, we would probably just be the next Sheff Utd and not even compete...

I'm not convinced we can sneak 6th spot with the serious levels of inconsistency we have displayed this term. I don't think Woodgate is the man going forward (or even now for that matter), but even he is getting frustrated by the players showing such Jekyll and Hyde characteristics in just 90 mins...

If it were me, Id' just go all out attack week in week out to see what happens with this bunch... But I just prey to god that Blake and Hughes already have a shortlist of 3-4 managers they would like to approach... and realistic ones at that... as well as some good Championship players to replace the ones they're looking to sell out of the club...

Surely that's what they're doing now... isn't it...?!??!?

Fingers crossed Neil. Probably more unpopular but I’d drop Cookie. I don’t think he’s providing the leadership on the field that a skipper should and is prone to costly slips at the moment.
Not unpopular with me. Cook has been the common denominator in a shoddy defence for seasons now. It can't be a coincidence surely? For me moving forward we need a new lb, allowing Kelly to play alongside CCV (assuming we are able to make him permanent).

Whilst I share your sentiment, I don't think the man upstairs does... I think we'd all settle for a period of transition/consolidation here in the Championship, if we had some kind of reassurances that in doing so the club would still be ok financially...

It's pretty obvious why Max wants the club back in the PL immediately, but as others have said, we would probably just be the next Sheff Utd and not even compete...

I'm not convinced we can sneak 6th spot with the serious levels of inconsistency we have displayed this term. I don't think Woodgate is the man going forward (or even now for that matter), but even he is getting frustrated by the players showing such Jekyll and Hyde characteristics in just 90 mins...

If it were me, Id' just go all out attack week in week out to see what happens with this bunch... But I just prey to god that Blake and Hughes already have a shortlist of 3-4 managers they would like to approach... and realistic ones at that... as well as some good Championship players to replace the ones they're looking to sell out of the club...

Surely that's what they're doing now... isn't it...?!??!?
You would think so, wouldn't you ? We can really only hope that the geezers in the background are actually earning their massive salaries for once and are ALREADY preparing for next season. It's obvious that a clear out and restructuring are required and that is not the work of a moment.

I sincerely hope that they are now identifying the type of manager they would like moving forward and have hopefully already put out their feelers to see if potential candidates would be interested. I also think we should be brave and look to replace A LOT of players with young talent from this league and below for next season.

I have a very bad feeling about relying upon this group of players to work hard and together to get us back into the PL. I just can't see it happening. The hunger is not there and they are probably all very much relying upon their agents to sort their futures out, rather than trying to do it themselves by playing well and getting us back to the PL through their efforts on the pitch.
I really don't see the point in hanging onto our supposed "best players" and hoping that they somehow have a change of heart and get stuck in next season.
That's just repeating the same mistake we've already made several times and expecting a different result. We absolutely should sell the players who are not committed to AFCB and for whom there is any interest. Cash in. Then use those funds to acquire a manager with ambition and a plan, who can then use the summer to identify the young, talented and hungry players needed to rebuild the team.

Unfortunately I fully expect a Maxim statement in the summer, saying that we will endeavour to keep our best players because we are a club with the ambition to return to the PL. Except I simply don't see the majority of this group of players having the fight to get the job done !!! We need to plan for a massive rebuild in the summer IMO and that absolutely has to start as soon as possible !
We need a new manager, a largely new group of players ( hopefully on less wages but with incentives to do well ) and a pre-PL mentality throughout the squad.

Without hunger and commitment we will never get promoted from this league.
We can either be brave in the summer and restructure the whole setup or we will muddle along as we are as the money gets scarcer and scarcer and gradually end up back in League One or worse. That's how I see the current situation anyway and if the directors are currently doing nothing to change things, I think it could spell disaster for Max's investment and our hopes of ever being a PL club again.

I agree. Many of these players will be looking at the next move. Some will aspire to the PL. Some would do well with the right manager, colleagues and attitude. I wonder how many will be satisfied with another season on this division?

;