Aaron Ramsdale

You made reference that we couldn’t strengthen the team, now there’s a little money kicking around
And it has been stated that Max is not looking to have his loans repaid any time soon, so this just means that there is potentially money available to the club without him having to look behind the sofa cushions again.
But whatever the situation, selling Danjuma and potentially getting more for Ramsdale can only be viewed as a positive for the club’s finances !
:utc:

Money has come in, indeed, but don't think there is £23M in the transfer kitty all of a sudden, there are debts to be honoured.

I will be very surprised if we spend £5M of that.
I’d be surprised if anybody here was naive enough to think it’s all spending money Al, but it is a POSITIVE development. I dare say we’ll have to put a fair bit of it aside to avoid FPP issues. But at least it makes it more likely that we might sign the odd player where we were previously worried about the financial implications of doing so.

I’d like to see us invest some of it in a promising striker from a lower division. This is an area where I see us needing more options in the seasons to come. If we can blood him in this league this season, he could hopefully become our main man next season. I think we do need an understudy and backup to Solanke for this season, so it’s something I’d like to see us address in this window if a suitable candidate is available.

So this is new to me as I’ve always thought sell-ons were always X% of the total fee… Never given a single thought to it being only on profit…

If true that’s a bit of a downer…

No I remember it being a percentage of profit on the Matt Holland deal because when he starred at the world cup after Roy Keane's strop it looked like he'd go for millions somewhere but eventually he went to Charlton for pretty much the same fee and we got nothing.

Always been a percentage of the profit in every transfer I can remember, that’s why I was blown away at the thought we’d actually managed to get Sheffield United to agree to a percentage of the total.

Shame, it’s about a £3million difference.

So this is new to me as I’ve always thought sell-ons were always X% of the total fee… Never given a single thought to it being only on profit…

If true that’s a bit of a downer…

If you want to put a positive spin on it, we’re likely to receive more as sell-on fee than we actually paid for him in the first place. Still very good business overall.

...Apparently he has declared that he is an Arsenal fan!!

Yes of course you are Rambo....I can think of 25 million reasons why you would say that :)

;