Adios Amigos

Just read the first page of that thread.

Pretty much all negative.

Agreed - and read what Neil said. It wasn’t your comment alone, but a cumulative effect over a period of time. Whilst I disagreed with some of Neil’s theories, he’s worth many times some of the other posters on here, who seem to revel in this whole sad situation.

I usually have a quick chat with Neil at every game and he always used to say he enjoyed the debate and the way some people got wound up at his comments. However for him now to withdraw from this board shows how upset he has become and I know for a fact that he will be very much missed, his match reports were always excellent even if I didn’t totally agree with them. I really hope he returns sooner rather than later.

I usually have a quick chat with Neil at every game and he always used to say he enjoyed the debate and the way some people got wound up at his comments. However for him now to withdraw from this board shows how upset he has become and I know for a fact that he will be very much missed, his match reports were always excellent even if I didn’t totally agree with them. I really hope he returns sooner rather than later.
A high percentage of the people that contribute to this message board would know Neil if we saw him in the street. An even higher percentage of us post under anonymity. Neil is visible in his comments, others are shielded behind a username and dodgy avatar.

I’ve enjoyed Neil’s reports and analysis of games. I’ve mainly agreed with his opinions but not always. It’s been obvious a few (and they know who they are) would pounce on an opinion because it was made by Neil rather than what he actually said. That for me is poor form but on the other hand so was Neil’s posting of selective (and often ‘fake’) stats to sell his opinions.

Regardless, this forum is a poorer place without opinionated and intelligent posters and I hope he feels ready to return in the near future.

and he always used to say he enjoyed the debate and the way some people got wound up at his comments.

I was getting wound up about the negativity towards JT, Blake, the owner, the training methods, the alleged nepotism etc etc. Neil established an excellent reputation on here then as he admitted he fell out of sync with the forum. I thought the thread the other night was a little ill advised, I reacted as did many others.

What a sorry state of affairs when some childish, idiotic and off topic posts are made on a thread like this however it’s predictable from a certain few.

Cheers Neil, look after yourself and hopefully you’ll be back at some-point.

Let's say it for what it is. Dawson has been unsettled since the lockdown, let's face it, his match reports during project restart were not up to his usual very high standards. He's looking at other posters and not seeing quality around him. Sure there is some european talent, but they aren't geling. During the off season it's obvious he has been looking at other boards and noticing how debate and analysis is of a much, much higher standard. He's looking to move to a bigger messageboard.

I heard that Newcastle are interested, but I have a feeling he is looking abroad.

Surely he's followed Arter to Forest... it's the logical next step.

Ameobi 4

And don't get Neil started on the nepotism that saw Sabri Lamouchi appoint Bruno Baltazar as his number two!

;