Adios Amigos

A voice of reasoned opinion being driven off the forum sad news but personal happiness is more important, thanks for what you gave over the years.

Time to reflect on the guidelines...

2 - If you have a problem with the site or any member of the forum that you want to try to sort out, you can use the pm function. This is the correct way to address a grievance, not starting multiple threads on the various boards or by having digs within topics. If you have a complaint to make, alert the post or pm the site editor. ARGUMENTS IN THREADS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

3 - This is a forum for discussion. That means most of the time, most of you won't agree. Most people will debate the issue in hand as befits a discussion forum don't make your threads personal. If you are unable to reply without making a personal comment about somebody's belief then don't reply and save us all the favour of having to read it. You can ‘attack’ a fellow members' point of view, you cannot attack them for having that view.

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/utc-guidelines.1/

The Brexit posting has been the worst for insults....ridiculous as its not that important in the big World Picture..

However the Pandemic stuff has attracted some really bad personal stuff....sad because we are all threatened by it....of course this is important as it involves life and death....unlike the insipid Brexit nonsense.

Let's say it for what it is. Dawson has been unsettled since the lockdown, let's face it, his match reports during project restart were not up to his usual very high standards. He's looking at other posters and not seeing quality around him. Sure there is some european talent, but they aren't geling. During the off season it's obvious he has been looking at other boards and noticing how debate and analysis is of a much, much higher standard. He's looking to move to a bigger messageboard.

I heard that Newcastle are interested, but I have a feeling he is looking abroad.

Look back over the 5 pages of comments you've made. It's 90% trolling mostly targeting ND yet you're so thin skinned you think you're somehow a victim...

I didn't say I was a victim? Please tell me where? I'm saying that for someone who gave as good as he got it's weird it's now an issue. We all have things going on in our lives and if he feels he needs to move away from it then I honestly wish him the best. I just don't understand the need to make a grand statement post as he goes...just turn the PC off for a bit and put the phone down. We've all taken time away from the forum when life gets too much.

Let's say it for what it is. Dawson has been unsettled since the lockdown, let's face it, his match reports during project restart were not up to his usual very high standards. He's looking at other posters and not seeing quality around him. Sure there is some european talent, but they aren't geling. During the off season it's obvious he has been looking at other boards and noticing how debate and analysis is of a much, much higher standard. He's looking to move to a bigger messageboard.

I heard that Newcastle are interested, but I have a feeling he is looking abroad.
I hear he has a migraine.

Thank you Neil for years of magnificent match reporting, I have thoroughly enjoyed them. I've often read them just to see how your in-depth analysis compares to my view of the game.
I believe many regulars have left this forum in the last couple of years or so. I do not know the reasons why but I would guess it maybe relates to feeling uncomfortable having to read tiresome relentless squabbles or personal attacks in order to find the interesting relevant content.
It's a shame Neil that you cannot continue posting where you control who sees it ie. you block 4 or 5 and then the rest of us can enjoy the forum without the instant personal insults or attacks.
Thanks again & I hope you return but understand if you decide not to.

Last edited:
It only happened once, and at a time when I was probably suffering from a bout of undiagnosed depression when I look back on it, but I also decided to knock vitals on the head a few years back.

I suffered some very targeted personal abuse which I wouldn't usually give two thoughts to were I in a reasonable mental state but for whatever reason it played on my mind really prominently and I decided to completely remove myself from the site.

Initially, my intention was to sack it off for good.

Then 2 or 3 weeks later I started lurking but no posting. Then after a month I started posting again after someone raised a question specifically aimed at me and my field of work which really struck me as odd as I hadn't really ever said much about it and was amazed someone would have picked up on it, let alone remember it, associate my name about it and ask me about it on a post-match thread.

ANYWAY, my point is that you might find yourself back here sooner than you think! I certainly hope so. Having been exiled for some considerable time you were the only way I could read about matches and even recently, I'd rather read your report than click onto the BBC or even worse COWS!

I think many on here appreciate each other more than is ever said but you of course have to do what you have to do. Hopefully you can come back soon in a new role like all of Eddie's mates did into our backroom!!

Thanks for everything!

Thank you Neil for years of magnificent match reporting, I have thoroughly enjoyed them. I've often read them just to see how your in-depth analysis compares to mine.
I believe many regulars have left this forum in the last couple of years or so. I do not know the reasons why but I would guess it maybe relates to feeling uncomfortable having to read tiresome relentless squabbles or personal attacks in order to find the interesting relevant content.
It's a shame Neil that you cannot continue posting where you control who sees it ie. you block 4 or 5 and then the rest of us can enjoy the forum without the instant personal insults or attacks.
Thanks again & I hope you return but understand if you decide not to.
I joined two years ago,now I have a complex

Take a break mate,then come back refreshed with a recharged battery and write some more reports.I think your reports were very good.Also I'm worried about Del getting lonely,plus i have lots of popcorn in the cupboard.Seriously though,hope you come back soon then

I soldier on...saying anything as different to the norm as possible....fuelled by my hate for the modern game ...the way it is..how its run....the PL...tasted it...not too bothered if we don't return...unless we go back with the right sized stadium.
...with a view to getting bigger than the Mancs.
If not and no one else is seeing it that way.. I'll be happy to plummet down the leagues.

Sorry but this is all attention seeking, make comments, take the responses, leave if you don't like it. Its a msg board ffs. Why all the drama

Think this sort of thread highlights how poisonous social media has become - albeit this forum is a tamer version of some sites. The vitriol is depressing to see.

I am sure if the posts were transported into a pub with heated debates over a few ales, we would see lots of arguments but maybe more goodwill and laughs too.

Thanks for your various posts, Neil. Like others, I have disagreed with you on some topics but valued the debate and can see your views stem from a love of the cherries.

;