AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa

My thoughts on today's match.

Really nervous beforehand. Really big game for us, we needed to play really well.
Surprised no Steve Cook otherwise the team we'd expect Eddie to pick.

Now I sit in the Main Stand, nice to see EH having his picture taken with various fans before the match, looked pretty relaxed.

I thought I saw Charlie Daniels talking to someone from the Villa management team before the match, I hope he's making progress with his injury.

Swapped end for the kick off, as others have mentioned it worked well for the second half when we were under pressure.

We started really well, the Boscombe of old I think. Good pressing and high intensity.

Jeff took one for the team when he brought down Grealish. He did make the most of it, somebody behind me called him a Princess whilst he was recovering which was quite funny.

When we scored the first goal, Rambo, who was patrolling the edge of the penalty area went ballistic with his celebrations. Aren't we lucky to have a great 'keeper?

I'd like to see Jeff's second yellow because to me it looked a fifty-fifty tussle for the ball. Can we appeal that?

It was a long 35 minutes to the end of the match.

I thought the ref and the near linesman were poor at protecting Callum, he was forever being held by the defenders.

It's a shame wee man missed the cross to make it 3-1 at the end.

A special mention to Francis, I thought he was great. Rico is a cool guy, he's come on leaps and bounds this season.

A huddle between the team and management in front of the North Stand at the end.

I thought both sets of fans were brilliant.

If we somehow manage to beat them I vow to do something particularly stupid by way of a celebration. I'll let you know what it was if it happens ;)

Hi guys and gals. Just bumping this. Sorry it took a while for me to get back but "it" took a while to arrive. At times like these I realise that at > 50 years old I'm no longer as rock and roll as I used to be. After our magnificent win against Villa I was really struggling to think of something stupid I could reasonably do by way of a celebration. Nonetheless I didn't want this excellent performance by our lads to go unrewarded so I decided to order Ruby her own replica shirt to commemorate this excellent win, since when she wears mine she can't walk around without tripping over the sleeves.:lol:

The new shirt arrived in time for the Burnley game and Ruby got behind the lads for all she was worth but with VAR like that there was nothing she could do !
Here are a couple of pics.
In the first one she is shouting "RedAaaarmy !" and in the second one she is drowning her sorrows after witnessing some awful VAR !
She continues to be optimistic that things will soon start going our way but whatever happens she will continue to don the shirt on match days and give our team her full support.

:utc:
RedAaaaaaarmy.jpegRubyAFCB.jpeg

;