AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa

What we have to rely on is Aston Villa pushing forward and not sitting back. That’s what will enable us to playing.

Hopefully something will act as a catalyst to enable our rather mentally fragile squad to play with the confidence and belief that Howe has in them.

Eddie after the game being interviewed by Kris Temple said I will have to be careful what I say.

He certainly wasn’t happy with that first 30 minute performance like us who witnessed it last night.

But we now have to look forward to the ‘big’ one this Saturday and not dwell on last night.

I am hoping we will produce the performance that saw off Brighton.

Eddie after the game being interviewed by Kris Temple said I will have to be careful what I say.
This is why Eddie has my sympathy right now, I don't envy him at all. Basically after seeing that first half performance every cell in his body must have been bursting to tell the players what a disgrace they are. Unfortunately, and Eddie knows this, this will probably do nothing to improve the situation. What the players need now more than anything is a confident, serene boss who tells them that they are better than this and they will be if they just relax and treat it as a game of football in isolation. They need building up and not knocking down right now. If they go out there bursting with confidence and a desire to play a nice game of football then I am sure we will see performances we are all happy with.

I don't envy Eddie at the moment because it must be so hard to say and do the right things when deep down all you want to do is tear them a new one, time and again !

Last edited:

He certainly wasn’t happy with that first 30 minute performance like us who witnessed it last night.

But we now have to look forward to the ‘big’ one this Saturday and not dwell on last night.

I am hoping we will produce the performance that saw off Brighton.
Surely he will give them an absolute rollicking if they go out and perform badly for the first 30 mins for a 3rd game in a row. Once is bad, twice is careless, 3 times??? We have literally got to fly out of the blocks like mad men unleashed!

This is why Eddie has my sympathy right now, I don't envy him at all. Basically after seeing that first half performance every cell in his body must have been bursting to tell the players what a disgrace they are. Unfortunately, and Eddie knows this, this will probably do nothing to improve the situation. What the players need now more than anything is a confident, serene boss who tells them that they are better than this and they will be if they just relax and treat it as a game of football in isolation. They need building up and not knocking down right now. If they go out there bursting with confidence and a desire to play a nice game of football then I am sure we will see performances we are all happy with.

I don't envy Eddie at the moment because it must be so hard to say and do the right things when deep down all you want to do is tear them a new one, time and again !

The management choose the players and tactics, the team has been underperforming since the end of last season.
The too good to go down squad need motivating or replacing, the management don't seem to know the best players and best tactics to turn results around.

...suggestion;

Ramsdale

A Smith
Ake
S Cook
Rico

Fraser
L Cook (maybe put him on Grealish?)
Lerma
Dobre

C Wilson
Surridge

Bleachers: Boruc/Billing/Gosling/Surman/Simpson/Solanke/H Wilson

to be fair the two young lads couldn't do a lot worse than what we have seen recently?
Bleachers... Where are you from!? ;-)

My team for what it’s worth:

Ramsdale

Franno (yes really!) Cook Ake

Fraser Smith

Cook Lerma (on Grealish) Billing

Wilson Surridge

I know we are at home and all that but Grealish could tear us a new one if we don’t neutralise his threat.

Cook and Simpson were hung out to dry last night by being started out on the left, when we changed it to three in the middle I felt we did ok and why wait until the 89th minute to make a change and bring on Surridge, eddie continues to baffle me and he appears to be losing it! It's all very well playing your favourite players when things are going well but they clearly aren't now and quite rightly questions are being asked, if something doesn't change really soon we will be relegated.
It's a risky business playing youngsters but at least they play with enthusiasm that's sadly lacking in the team at the moment. Look at Arsenal last night and I know they've got a way better youth set up than ours but I don't know how many inexperienced below 20 year old's they had in their starting eleven last night. I don't think Villa will let us get away with starting as poorly as we have the last two games on Saturday. Personally, I wouldn't have the two Wilson's and Billing anywhere the team at the moment and Francis as an emergency center back only.

Ramsdale

Smith Cook Ake Rico

Fraser Lerma Surman L Cooke Dobra

Surridge

Billing & Kelly on the EPL Injury table just now.

Philip Billing. Lower back Injury January 27th.
"I don't know too much about it. He was taking a shot in the warm-up and felt a pain in his back" Currently being assessed. 50%

Lloyd Kelly Thigh Injury. January 27th.
"He's had a slight discomfort feeling in his injury. It's a slight setback. How serious it is I don't know, but obviously he wasn't available. Currently Being Assessed.
Ruled Out

Surely he will give them an absolute rollicking if they go out and perform badly for the first 30 mins for a 3rd game in a row. Once is bad, twice is careless, 3 times??? We have literally got to fly out of the blocks like mad men unleashed!
Tbf we had performed like we did in the first 30 minutes of these games for the entirety of about 10 games before that and he didn’t seem that bothered so I wouldn’t get your hopes up. It says a lot when I’m not really even turning up with the primary thought that ‘we can get some points here,’ but instead ‘I just hope the players apply themselves correctly and make the match competitive.’ It should be a given but this year it hasn’t been and I’m afraid that if we do get relegated then we largely have ourselves to blame.

If we were top of the league with a 20 point lead, playing a team bottom of the table and without a win for 15 games, I’d still want them to be knackered, play extra time a few days before and have 5 men sent off.....

No extra time tonight lads. Straight to pens if even at 90

Huge, huge , huge game especially with West ham playing Brighton same day. Eddie can set up and train till his heart's content but when the whistle goes it's down to the players. 90 mins of blood, guts and thunder. If they want to stay up then it's up to them and the leaders on the pitch to lead the fight. We need to lead from the stands and get behind them !!

Let's face it - for the next three months it is no longer about "trying", it's about getting it done. We have mortgaged most/all of our leeway, and every game will be "the big one", "must win", "have to get something from this one". Nice foundation from Brighton, must build with another 3 points this week, more opportunities ahead (albeit tough ones) in February.

Obviously we will be on the edge of our seats this week re Ake. Disappointing that there have not been any Josh sightings yet, Villa would have a tough time with him.

Villa on the counter which should give some food for thought setup wise.
Helped with a bit of an error from one of our past favs Kasper ;)

Bleachers: Boruc/Billing/Gosling/Surman/Simpson/Solanke/H Wilson

Bleachers?

Begs a dozen jokes but half of them are crudely racist and the rest are just crude.

Bleachers, as I sure you are aware, are the cheap seats furthest away from the action at a baseball game in the US. Unless of course you mean that those seven should be subs at a time warp Derby County match?

Let's face it - for the next three months it is no longer about "trying", it's about getting it done. We have mortgaged most/all of our leeway, and every game will be "the big one", "must win", "have to get something from this one". Nice foundation from Brighton, must build with another 3 points this week, more opportunities ahead (albeit tough ones) in February.

Obviously we will be on the edge of our seats this week re Ake. Disappointing that there have not been any Josh sightings yet, Villa would have a tough time with him.
But the point I’m trying to make is that unless we are 100% on it like against Brighton then we do not even stand a chance. It might not be enough still but if we don’t see the same levels of application for the rest of the season then that really would be totally unforgivable.

Watching Villa now they look a class or three above us. We really need to be on it.
I was thinking exactly the same. We will need to play at our absolute best with maximum effort to beat them on our/their current form. It feels like a mismatch when you see how they can play and how we’ve been playing recently.

;