AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa

I was actually going to post an AFCB version of this. I started thinking after 15 minutes how out thought tactically Gerrard had been by Parker and even at that point it was obvious that he had no answer without making substitutions.

Half time came and went and still Gerrard had no answer. Tactically he was shown up by Parker, whilst his Premier League established players were out battled and out fought by young mainly Championship established players.

Will be interesting to see if this was just an off day for Gerrard or if he will be eventually found out at this level like Lampard.

I admit I never liked Gerrard when he was a player so I am biased but with the players he has had at his disposal he really does seem to be a truly **************** manager. Poor tactically, so I am told, and obviously a very poor motivator. Seems the type who will need a squad full of superstars to shine.

I admit I never liked Gerrard when he was a player so I am biased but with the players he has had at his disposal he really does seem to be a truly **************** manager. Poor tactically, so I am told, and obviously a very poor motivator. Seems the type who will need a squad full of superstars to shine.
Gerrard has the perfect voice for whining.

Complete control freak, which in this day and age doesn't motivate.

Delighted with today. Had a good feeling at kick off. Really good defending on the whole. We stifled them. Good game management too, using up time. Our passing needs to improve and we need more creativity in midfield, but two well taken goals and I think all the players did well today.

Villa were ill disciplined and ill prepared. Injury break after 20 minutes, afcb players go over to get drinks villa players stand around looking hot.

Well deserved win. Great team effort with no under performers and a strong bench.

As ever on a sunny day the east stand assistant couldn't keep up with play as he was too busy shielding his eyes.

Points on the board, goals scored, new signing impressive on his debut
So far so good

Villa were ill disciplined and ill prepared. Injury break after 20 minutes, afcb players go over to get drinks villa players stand around looking hot.

Well deserved win. Great team effort with no under performers and a strong bench.

As ever on a sunny day the east stand assistant couldn't keep up with play as he was too busy shielding his eyes.

Points on the board, goals scored, new signing impressive on his debut
So far so good
Any chance you can just stick to football?

Really enjoyed that today, not just the result but the unrelenting commitment of the players, management and fans ( mind you it's easier when you're one up after 2 minutes ) : )

Every player put in a shift, proper defending from the front type effort. They must be fit, they kept up the same tempo all through the match in that heat. Good job the floodlights were on all match, could have been difficult playing in the twilight : )

What an eye-catching debut by Tavernier, we weren't sure how to pronounce his surname, so he's Marcus to us : )

Loved the halftime penalty shootout by CBS, eased up a bit with the last one I thought or it would a case of "Sign him on, sign him on" : )

Saw a massive ( for a Premier League player) ass waddling away from us late in the second half. Checked my programme and it was John McGinn's : )

When I heard the team news, I immediately thought there must be a Covid outbreak in the squad. That's why I don't comment on the finer points of tactics. It turns out it was perfect to get the points. I assume the lack of lustre in the friendlies was also part of the plan : )

It was great to be back and see everyone we saw. Thank you to the Vitals' lady lurker for the kind words about my posts and dress sense, very much appreciated : )

Just been looking at the stats from yesterday’s game from whoscored.

For aerials won, Chris Mepham came out on top with 5.

Closest to that was 2, Lloyd Kelly, Marcus Tavernier and Kieffer Moore.

They had Lloyd Kelly as MOM, but only gave him one assist.

Possibly because after Kelly’s header down the ball then came back to Lerma to hammer home.

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/183/Show/England-Bournemouth

Last edited:

;