AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa

has anyone mentioned phil bill's performance?
thought he looked a bit lost yesterday in that more defensive left-sided position
maybe it was needs-must from parker to fit in to the formation but surely he's better suited further forward?

thought he looked a bit lost yesterday in that more defensive left-sided position
maybe it was needs-must from parker to fit in to the formation but surely he's better suited further forward?

He IS better suited as a number 10 linking up with 2 other midfielders. That said, I thought he made some good defensive blocks. Stands out going forward, though.

I would have swapped Tavernier and Billing around, in theory that would put both in a more favoured role. Not to say both didn't put a shift in and do a job yesterday, Tavernier in particular impressed. A puzzle for Parker to fit them all in.

It wasn't pretty, but it was clever.

A tactical masterclass from Parker who totally out-thought Gerrard and well done to all the players who executed the plan perfectly.

Three points on the board which is a huge psychological boost given the matches coming up. I wouldn't be surprised if we bloodied a nose in at least one of them now but even if we don't, we have can look back at this to reassure ourselves that the league contains teams we can beat.

I would have swapped Tavernier and Billing around, in theory that would put both in a more favoured role. Not to say both didn't put a shift in and do a job yesterday, Tavernier in particular impressed. A puzzle for Parker to fit them all in.

Billing only really grew when Woody moved him to an advanced position. I'm assuming that as the season goes on injuries and suspensions will make the decisions for Parker but fitting Billing into the formation Parker wants to play is a bit of a headache. Most logical place for me would be something like:

.......................Travers
...............Lerma Mepham Kelly
............... Cook Pearson
Smith Tavernier Billing Zemura
............................Solanke

Doesn't allow for Moore to start, though, and ideally, Parker would like the number 8 in Billing's place to be right-footed.

Alternatively, what about?

.......................Travers
..............Lerma Mepham Kelly
............... Cook Pearson
Smith Tavernier/Billing Zemura
..................Tavernier/Billing
............................Solanke

I don't think Dom is well suited to the slightly deeper forward role myself.

Anyway loads of competition for places, which should be good. Even more when Rothwell and Fredericks come back.

A tactical masterclass from Parker who totally out-thought Gerrard and well done to all the players who executed the plan perfectly.

Three points on the board which is a huge psychological boost given the matches coming up. I wouldn't be surprised if we bloodied a nose in at least one of them now but even if we don't, we have can look back at this to reassure ourselves that the league contains teams we can beat.

Arsenal weren't great against Palace apparently. Chance of points at home against them. Basically, we need to go into every game believing we can stifle the opposition and maybe even nick a winner from a counter attack or set piece. Nunez looks very tricky, though.

It wasn’t that bad. I thought we played some very attractive stuff particularly with the emphasis on going forward. Villa looked a lot like us last year with the ball going from keeper to halfway and back again.

;