AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa

If we’re judging on this game alone Parker’s plan this season seems to be physicality . Big units like Moore , Dome and Meps. Tenacious feckers like Pearlo and the the king of bothering opposition players Jefferson ……it….might….just…work .

AFC Bournemouth recorded a fourth straight H2H win over Aston Villa, as goals from Jefferson Lerma and Kieffer Moore marked a perfect Premier League (PL) return at the Vitality Stadium.

Many predict that Bournemouth will struggle this campaign, especially after Scott Parker labelled his squad "light" ahead of the opening weekend. Instead, his rallying cry about the transfer window seemingly motivated his players, who took the lead two minutes into their top-flight return. Having seen the visitors fail to deal with a corner, Lerma scored the fastest ever goal for a newly promoted team on a PL opening day, striking into the roof of the net from inside the area. In response, Villa’s sluggish play fashioned little opportunity in the first half, although John McGinn flashed an effort haplessly wide from range, whilst Danny Ings also tamely headed over.

The visitors have not finished in the top half since returning to the top flight in 2019, and their performances will have to improve if they are to change that record. Despite dominating the ball on the South coast, an uninspiring showing continued in the second half, where Steven Gerrard’s outfit lacked the attacking flair and quality to fashion any real chances. Their performance was perhaps epitomised by Philippe Coutinho rolling his freekick out of play for a goal-kick as the half wore on.

Bournemouth would ensure their 191st PL fixture, and first without Eddie Howe as boss, would end in victory when Moore headed home. It was apt that the player who confirmed the Cherries promotion would clinch their first PL victory following a two-year hiatus from the top flight. Meanwhile, Gerrard’s outfit will once again rue a slow start. Villa conceded nine times in the opening 10 minutes last season; this year, the same problem remains.

Wow what a game that was! Took me completely by suprise. Nice to see a bit of fight and physicality to the team but still we played some lovely football going forward. Very disciplined at the back too only criticism is we were a bit sloppy in possession but I'll let that go as it was the first game of the season.
Every player was a 7.5/10 today. I'm off for a few celebratory beers

For a team that is reckoned to go straight back down that was impressive. Having got this one so tactically right even if SP gets the odd one wrong I'm sure we have a good chance of a reasonable season.

I like the more physical approach to our game, other managers will note that I’m sure, we won’t be pushed around. Obviously the refs won’t tolerate it in our next two away days but over the season it will hopefully work out well.

The PL is gonna hate us this year! Are we the new Burnley?

Love it though, none of us have massive expectations but we asked for effort and discipline and every player showed that in spades today. We need a bit more composure on the ball, and maybe that will come through Cook, Stan and Brooks, but the gameplan was executed to a tee today.

That starting line up came from nowhere really. None of us saw Pearlo or Moore starting. Hats off off to Parker, classic rope-a-dope tactics employed this week. Villa look complacent.

The PL is gonna hate us this year! Are we the new Burnley?

Love it though, none of us have massive expectations but we asked for effort and discipline and every player showed that in spades today. We need a bit more composure on the ball, and maybe that will come through Cook, Stan and Brooks, but the gameplan was executed to a tee today.

That starting line up came from nowhere really. None of us saw Pearlo or Moore starting. Hats off off to Parker, classic rope-a-dope tactics employed this week. Villa look complacent.
I thought it made sense for Pearlo to start.......much more valuable a player for us in the Pl.......I did think he'd play Cook instead of Moore though.....that was the big call.

With the gloomy Parker soundbites this week, this was a real tonic.
Give your all, leave your heart and soul out on the pitch, anything can happen.

Neto and Senesi in next week it seems.
We will get stronger.

City will be quaking.

The Stevie Gerard school of management …Bournemouth have two attackers over 6.4 .. I know I’ll drop Tyrone Ming’s :clap::clap::clap::utc:
And then we hatch a game plan of crossing as many balls into the box as we can for the midgets Bailey and Ings to get their tiny heads on!

Fantastic afternoon. Defensively better organised than we ever were in PL before, that stopped us a little with numbers going forwards but effective. Nice to see us aerially dominant as well. Unusual.

Tavernier looks a great acquisition ran and ran we will need that, can see him playing off Solanke against Liverpool and City with Moore sacrificed. Pearson was immense as was Jeff and Meps. One of those four for MoM. Everyone was excellent although Christie looked well off it when he came on.

Surprised by how poor Villa were. If they don’t improve up front they could have a struggle this year.

Who’d have thought we’d have a couple of six pointers so early in the season. What with Man City and the visit of Liverpool.

;