AFC Bournemouth v Blackpool

If we lose I hope all our fans keep cool with our youngsters and don't have a meltdown as on paper it's the type of game we would normally drop points because the pressure is expectant on us with them being a newly promoted team and us being at home.

I don’t think we’re talking about the whole season. This is needs must for a few games.
Obviously we're talking short term....that doesn't mean we have to be so cautious that we play a CB at RB at home against Blackpool ...especially at a time when we're struggling to create chances.....that's never been us.

Here is our exclusive interview with the amazing Lee Charles TV! Find out about Blackpool's struggle with their owners, to the Championship - League 2 and the journey back with the Premier League years thrown in and more!

Watch here -
I'll always watch anything afcb related, you do a hell of a lot better job that I will ever do, so fair play...but......hard work....utciad

Souness would be further down my list than B I have to say! Was one hell of a player but irritates me as a pundit.

I saw Souness arrive with his entourage against West Brom and he was happy to have selfie with a couple of lads. So if all else fails there's always the 'B" list :ROFLMAO:

These games against the unfancied clubs...are when some ' game management' needs to be applied Before the Game !

I.e.
How are they likely to try and surprise us ?

Why do we think they are weak...what are those weaknesses?

Who is the likely outstanding player/match winner for them...who do we put on him and how..to suppress his impact?

The games v WBA ...Fulham.....and say NF, Derby, Swansea, Blackburn, Stoke away games..we will be more fired up and Aware...WE are the banana skin then ..lil' tinpot Boscombe!
...at 1500 today Blackpool will maybe be a bit slippery, difficultish. ..and up for it!

Its too early for a 1st defeat....just saying like....

On the positive i've predicted 5 - 2 :cuppa:

Last edited:
Well no disrespect to Meps/Leif because whichever one picked is going to be playing out of position, but they will surely try to attack us down our right, left too I think as JZ is less experienced there. I expect lots of high balls into the box as well as they will want to test Travs. We will need midfielders to link up well with Brooksy as Meps/Leif will find this harder. If Mercondes starts, I hope he'll do this. Not sure if Pearson will start this one because he's still returning to match fitness but who knows...

I don’t think we’re talking about the whole season. This is needs must for a few games.

Yeah and so far (touching wood), Meps has done what's been asked of him. I'd stick with him until Smithy recovers. Stan can play at right back too and would be better coming forward but too soon for that I think.

Battle Of The Seaside Towns

The last time they were in the Championship was in AFCB’s Championship winning season of 2014-15, as the Cherries went up, Blackpool went down into League 1 after finishing bottom, they had been in the Championship for four seasons. Ian Holloway was appointed manager for the 2009-10 season, in his first season in charge, he got Blackpool into the play-offs and into the final where they beat Cardiff City 3-2, to go up into the Premier League for the first time.

Billy, you surely don't buy into Sky inventing football?

The PL is just a rebranding of League Division 1 and Blackpool have many seasons in the top flight. Last time being 1971

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1970–71_Blackpool_F.C._season

;