AFC Bournemouth v Brentford - 3 To Go!

Poor today but more credit to Brentford who were excellent. I think that games like this show up Woodgate's failings. Seems a good man manager but is he that good tactically? Didn't have any answer for Brentford today. Oh well, onto the next one!

Forgettable game for our team, beaten by the better team, even when down to 10 men.

Our players didn’t get going, Brentford player stopped Danjuma playing.

Even though Toney didn’t score for a third game in a row, he was a very good player for Brentford.

When Pearson came on he did more probing in those minutes, not sure he ever lost the ball either.

Utterly embarrassing, one of the worst performances of the season. Make no mistake this is not a meaningless game and could be very damaging for the rest of the season psychologically.

Woodgate showing shades of being a poor manager carried by a group of individually talented players feeling themselves for a month or two. Horrendous substitutions. I question the point of changing a winning team for the hardest game in the run. Stanislas was atrocious, Wilshere was pretty bad too tbh. How did Stanislas last the entire game?? Why did Brooks and Pearson not start? Seems very arrogant.

Brentford are a good side, but the lack of effort from the players in certain games is worrying, and it’s hardly fallen out of the sky from nowhere. We know this is what they do.

All the positives from midweek were all lacking today. No tempo, no press, no urgency.

Felt like it was back to the mindset of only needing to turn up to win, might be harsh but that’s how it felt.

Defence really lacks organisation with Rico at left back rather than Kelly. I doubt Kelly let’s the ball run goal side of him for the ball through to Toney.

Then to nullify us, easy scouting, control Danjuma, sit a bit deeper defensively and limits us barely a single chance.

as someone posted the other day, defeat/end to run may help us refocus before playoffs, rather than over-confidence/complacency creep in at the wrong time.

on the other hand, could give brentford psychological edge over us.

or maybe we played poor deliberately to lull them into a false sense of security... (unlikely I know).

They take six points from us after JW makes the wrong selection and then waits far too long to make changes. All fluency and energy gone - second-rate at the back, midfield and upfront. More of this and we could have an ugly time in the play-offs.

Utterly embarrassing, one of the worst performances of the season. Make no mistake this is not a meaningless game and could be very damaging for the rest of the season psychologically.

Woodgate showing shades of being a poor manager carried by a group of individually talented players feeling themselves for a month or two. Horrendous substitutions. I question the point of changing a winning team for the hardest game in the run. Stanislas was atrocious, Wilshere was pretty bad too tbh. How did Stanislas last the entire game?? Why did Brooks and Pearson not start? Seems very arrogant.

Brentford are a good side, but the lack of effort from the players in certain games is worrying, and it’s hardly fallen out of the sky from nowhere. We know this is what they do.

Hyperbole alert !

Well just shows that Stanislas and Danjuma on the same side don’t help the defence and that was how they scored..thought that Lerma and Wilshere were poor and Pearson would have been better but right to rotate players...

Brentford were very well organised. Did the changes affect our momentum?

Onwards and upwards another cup final next weekend.

;