AFC Bournemouth v Brentford - 3 To Go!

No it’s not your right:) ....but it wasn’t utterly embarrassing , we were playing one of the best teams in the division and lost one nil. I think that was a little hyperbolic .
The squad rotation could well have been a smart move , we don’t know the physical condition of some of the first teamers , and as others have said if your going to experiment do it in a pretty unimportant game .
I would add if Woodgate is worth his salt as a manager he would have learnt more from this defeat than he would if we had papered over the cracks with scrapped a win against ten men

I’d agree with that if we weren’t playing against 10 men for half of the game. The lack of the desire that was present vs Norwich, the sheer amount of shots we conceded vs 10...it is pretty embarrassing imo. On paper the result isn’t that bad.

JW said the reason he didn’t start Brooks and Pearson is because of the number of games they have played in a short period after both players coming back from injury.

We can say who we think should start or not, but we don’t know the full picture re the players injuries and the last thing we need is to lose them coming up to the play-offs.

All the positives from midweek were all lacking today. No tempo, no press, no urgency.

Felt like it was back to the mindset of only needing to turn up to win, might be harsh but that’s how it felt.

Defence really lacks organisation with Rico at left back rather than Kelly. I doubt Kelly let’s the ball run goal side of him for the ball through to Toney.

Then to nullify us, easy scouting, control Danjuma, sit a bit deeper defensively and limits us barely a single chance.

Im kinda pleased it happened today to be honest. Did not need to find out in the playoffs.

We could have been 2 up in the first 5 mins though so that would have put a different complexion on it.

Wow, some upset people on here today. Let‘s go straight for the usual suspects when we play poorly. Apparently Dom was **************** today yet played the through ball for our clearest chance of the day, he was also in a great position in the first half when Stan held on too long and eventually pulled it back too deeply. To be fair he didn’t get a sniff today but that’s cos he’s crap, apparently. Also, that Rico guy is really poor, actually did little wrong, a couple of really decent crosses first half which were either cleared for a corner or one where Phil Bill’s touch was poor.

It seems to me that some of our boys are go to “how **************** are they?” when we have a poor result.

For me the problem was the team selection. The old adage is don’t change a winning team. The left back position was enforced but I don’t think the others were. We always have a more vulnerable midfield when Pearson is not in there.

It might just be, after a monumental run, with games coming quickly, that some of these key players are knackered and with the play offs all but mathematically secured, JW took the decision to give them a break. It might also be a master stroke if we meet them in the play offs that the meet a quite different AFCB..

When I saw the starting line up I was annoyed. Why bring Wilshere and Stan back in, Jack doesn't exactly set things alight when he plays? Apart from the change for Kelly JW should have left the team unchanged. Don't tinker with something that is running well as said above.

When I saw the starting line up I was annoyed. Why bring Wilshere and Stan back in, Jack doesn't exactly set things alight when he plays? Apart from the change for Kelly JW should have left the team unchanged. Don't tinker with something that is running well as said above.

well yes, but you could argue having a fresh pearson available for the big games is more important. would hate to see him run out of steam for the playoffs - that would then be bad management. resting him for what is an almost meaningless game not a big issue.

if we were battling for the playoffs or in serious contention for a top 2 spot still I'd be concerned, but as a fan I'm happy to give Woodgate benefit of the doubt.

Next thing you know.. the nutjobs on here will be touting fookin Giggs to come to DC to ply his wares!
The Thistlebarrow Rd Pines are rustling and whispering in the wind !

Wow, some upset people on here today. Let‘s go straight for the usual suspects when we play poorly. Apparently Dom was **************** today yet played the through ball for our clearest chance of the day, he was also in a great position in the first half when Stan held on too long and eventually pulled it back too deeply. To be fair he didn’t get a sniff today but that’s cos he’s crap, apparently. Also, that Rico guy is really poor, actually did little wrong, a couple of really decent crosses first half which were either cleared for a corner or one where Phil Bill’s touch was poor.

It seems to me that some of our boys are go to “how **************** are they?” when we have a poor result.

For me the problem was the team selection. The old adage is don’t change a winning team. The left back position was enforced but I don’t think the others were. We always have a more vulnerable midfield when Pearson is not in there.

It might just be, after a monumental run, with games coming quickly, that some of these key players are knackered and with the play offs all but mathematically secured, JW took the decision to give them a break. It might also be a master stroke if we meet them in the play offs that the meet a quite different AFCB..

I‘m intrigued by the swear filter/moderation today. Not a great problem but far more offensive words have been allowed through today that the ones moderated above?

Next thing you know.. the nutjobs on here will be touting fookin Giggs to come to DC to ply his wares!
The Thistlebarrow Rd Pines are rustling and whispering in the wind !

haha, thanks for that input. I think you;ve summed up exactly what most of us were thinking... :D

Can only pick one good point from today; we didn’t play our best team. Ok, 2 points. We didn’t concede more goals!

That was poor. Also, breaks down JW's excitement about the team having momentum and helps give Brentford more momentum and confidence. I understand the pragmatism in resting Pearson and Brooks before the probable play offs when our chances of automatic promotion were very slim. Last thing we want is injuries and fatigue. I have a few frustrations though:

1. Why not make changes sooner. It was clear at half time things were not working. I'd have brought Pearson on for Jack then and maybe Brooks for Stan.

2. Why take Billing off and replace him with Brooks? Strange one that as Billing, Brooks, Arnie and Dom have been linking up well.

3. Replacing Jack with Surridge made little sense. This left Lerma alone as an out and out midfielder.

4. If we are going to rest players a little, why not change Arnie for RoRo in second half if clearly the result was not the priority. Arnie is as injury prone as they come and we NEED him to have a hope of promotion.

So, some strange and inconsistent decisions there.

I've said this before. Not sure why we brought Jack back to Bournemouth other than that our captain and then manager loved him to bits. Sure, he was a star and has great potential for skill but isn't there and was always going to be a massive risk that I don't think we should have taken. Pearson was a great buy, granted but then letting Gosling go, that was a mistake I think. He makes up for his lack of skill with graft, enthusiasm and goals, and he may well have helped a major competitor get automatic promotion now. I'm not going to blame Jack because he's not match fit and his career has been affected by injuries but I think it was silly to bring him back to Bournemouth. He hasn't added anything... and was never really going to I think.

Nope, not our best team today and I hope they become over confident.
Today's team selection has left the Brentford coaching staff with more questions than answers. I really think J W has had the mindset that we have made the play offs so he will give other squad members some minutes to keep things fresh.
Losing twice to Brentford this season might affect their heads more than ours. Personally I think we can go up a gear on our best performances this season.
The other argument may be that you keep a winning side but if injuries occur we will need the fringe players to do a job so we have to give them game time.
I think we're in great shape.

The better team won today. That doesn't necessarily mean that they will be the better team and win if and when we meet them in the play offs.
From JW's point of view, Jack W and Junior have presented him with good reasons for not selecting them when he wants to put out our best team.

I agree with you on not starting Jack and Stan. Think it is clear who our best 11 are now. Let's hope Kelly recovers soon as he's speedier than Rico (as much as I like Diego). I don't think we should slam Dom. He'said been doing great. Nothing was created for him....

I agree with you on not starting Jack and Stan. Think it is clear who our best 11 are now. Let's hope Kelly recovers soon as he's speedier than Rico (as much as I like Diego). I don't think we should slam Dom. He'said been doing great. Nothing was created for him....
Dom did OK. Our chances fell to Stanislas today. Clearly rusty, maybe not a bad idea to give him some game time prior to the playoffs to get himself ship shape.

;