AFC Bournemouth v Brentford - 3 To Go!

Well just shows that Stanislas and Danjuma on the same side don’t help the defence and that was how they scored..thought that Lerma and Wilshere were poor and Pearson would have been better but right to rotate players...

yes it feels that without pearson and lerma holding, with 3 forward players and only 1 proper defensive mid,the defense becomes over exposed.

Well just shows that Stanislas and Danjuma on the same side don’t help the defence and that was how they scored..thought that Lerma and Wilshere were poor and Pearson would have been better but right to rotate players...

No - clearly wrong to rotate players, especially against serious opposition. JW got it all wrong today - perverse selection and we got what we deserved.

You used the word dignity. Can you tell me what is dignifying about Smith going down screaming when he's pushed over, or Lerma chasing after the ref waving an imaginary card?
Again we didn’t perform good enough today and Brentford were the better side but just think they could of won in a cleaner way that’s all.

Utterly embarrassing, one of the worst performances of the season. Make no mistake this is not a meaningless game and could be very damaging for the rest of the season psychologically.

Brentford are a good side, but the lack of effort from the players in certain games is worrying, and it’s hardly fallen out of the sky from nowhere. We know this is what they do.
Really ? Where were you in November and December then ?

Can I just say Lincoln beat us 1-0 at ours just before the play offs started in 2003.
How did that end up.

I like that FACT :)

Something weirdly mentally comforting in losing today, in that if we won today and they beat us in playoffs will be an element of why didn't we beat them when it matters.

Well, that was absolutely awful.

At least this confirms what our best 11 is now. We just have to pray *probably* Barnsley can knock Brentford out of the play offs since I can’t see us beating them.

This also makes the Wycombe game huge now. Fail to win there and put in a good performance will send this team back 3 months

Utterly embarrassing, one of the worst performances of the season. Make no mistake this is not a meaningless game and could be very damaging for the rest of the season psychologically.

Woodgate showing shades of being a poor manager carried by a group of individually talented players feeling themselves for a month or two. Horrendous substitutions. I question the point of changing a winning team for the hardest game in the run. Stanislas was atrocious, Wilshere was pretty bad too tbh. How did Stanislas last the entire game?? Why did Brooks and Pearson not start? Seems very arrogant.

Brentford are a good side, but the lack of effort from the players in certain games is worrying, and it’s hardly fallen out of the sky from nowhere. We know this is what they do.

Bit of an overreaction. Certainly not one of the worst performances of the season against probably the best defensive back line I've seen in this division. Yes we offered little in attack, particularly second half. But none of us knows what toll the Millwall game amongst other games. It was not a 'must win' game and the XI was not our best therefore I don't feel we've learned anything psychologically. Maybe a missed opportunity or could just be an opportunity taken to not risk silly injuries.

Bit of an overreaction. Certainly not one of the worst performances of the season against probably the best defensive back line I've seen in this decision. Yes we offered little in attack, particularly second half. But none of us knows what toll the Millwall game amongst other games. It was not a 'must win' game and the XI was not our best therefore I don't feel we've learned anything psychologically. Maybe a missed opportunity or could just be an opportunity taken to not risk silly injuries.

hopefully we will learn more from them today than they did us. particularly in terms of how to open them up more.

if we meet in the playoffs and have a repeat performance, I'll be p1ssed off.

Which parts do you disagree with? It’s hardly the most outlandish s*** that’s ever been posted on here.

No it’s not your right:) ....but it wasn’t utterly embarrassing , we were playing one of the best teams in the division and lost one nil. I think that was a little hyperbolic .
The squad rotation could well have been a smart move , we don’t know the physical condition of some of the first teamers , and as others have said if your going to experiment do it in a pretty unimportant game .
I would add if Woodgate is worth his salt as a manager he would have learnt more from this defeat than he would if we had papered over the cracks with a scraped win against ten men

Thought Stacey and Brooks added nothing tbh.....also it must be great to have a striker that always poses a goal threat.
If you are referring to Toney he was immense in their defence as well, as others have said early season we should have tried to get him.

No it’s not your right:) ....but it wasn’t utterly embarrassing , we were playing one of the best teams in the division and lost one nil. I think that was a little hyperbolic .
The squad rotation could well have been a smart move , we don’t know the physical condition of some of the first teamers , and as others have said if your going to experiment do it in a pretty unimportant game .
I would add if Woodgate is worth his salt as a manager he would have learnt more from this defeat than he would if we had papered over the cracks with scrapped a win against ten men

agree, not concerned particularly and the result may benefit us more going into the playoffs, facing them again.

and yes, set backs, mistakes, poor performance has a way of sharpening the mind/focus - as long as people have right attitude.

;