AFC Bournemouth v Cardiff City

Did they have any streaming of the game anywhere or have they actually managed to stop it?

Despite their claims, they can't stop the streaming. They might make it mildly trickier for some people in the UK but no more than that.

It's a bit like how the music industry fought Napster then all the other torrent sites that followed it one by one and each time they took one out another three sprung up until they finally embraced change. Once they started offering people the convenience of digital music the tide started to change until now the music industry revenues are back on the up and music piracy, although still out there, has declined. Give the people the service they want at a reasonable price and they'll pay it.

We'll go round and round with this process of the PL trying to shut down or block streams for the next 5-10 years whilst they try to squeeze their current model for as long as they can. By then there won't be any PL games kicking off at 3pm Saturday anymore so they can stream them all and people won't need to pirate if they don't want to.

Of course, the downside is it'll create a huge battle with the big clubs demanding a much larger slice of the pie under that model. Enjoy the remainder of this spell of relative financial equality. I know how ridiculous that sounds but trust me, it's going to get much worse.

Some of the criticism of individual players is a joke. We won - three points gained by..... The F###ing team effort ! First game of the season! Lay off them unless we hit a bad run or anyone gets lazy!
That's how it should always be...Lewis Cook will come in and make mistakes...Ake will make a few...Fraser will have a bad game..
Harry Kane will miss a few sitters! Kyle Walker will put one in his own net against us! They are not robots.( Well maybe Fraser is).

Sorry, Eddie mentioned in his interview that he was impressed with our showing in the Marseille game, so played that starting 11 (as mentioned by NWC).

Did they have any streaming of the game anywhere or have they actually managed to stop it?

Always good commentary from Kris and Willo otherwise.

Searched high and low for a stream but had to make do with Solent in between Mrs 4ers asking what was happening ....

Thanks Billy

The EPL should just sell it's own online rights World Wide and stop the local providers from showing it online. Revenue could change from Domestic/Oveaseas to Broadcast/Online and would possibly then be tilted in favour of the big boys, but over all revenue for the PL would definitely go up if they priced it fairly.

Nothing can change until 23-24 season now, as the rights are already sold before then.

Despite their claims, they can't stop the streaming. They might make it mildly trickier for some people in the UK but no more than that.

It's a bit like how the music industry fought Napster then all the other torrent sites that followed it one by one and each time they took one out another three sprung up until they finally embraced change. Once they started offering people the convenience of digital music the tide started to change until now the music industry revenues are back on the up and music piracy, although still out there, has declined. Give the people the service they want at a reasonable price and they'll pay it.

We'll go round and round with this process of the PL trying to shut down or block streams for the next 5-10 years whilst they try to squeeze their current model for as long as they can. By then there won't be any PL games kicking off at 3pm Saturday anymore so they can stream them all and people won't need to pirate if they don't want to.

Of course, the downside is it'll create a huge battle with the big clubs demanding a much larger slice of the pie under that model. Enjoy the remainder of this spell of relative financial equality. I know how ridiculous that sounds but trust me, it's going to get much worse.

I pay £12 per year to be able to stream every PL game with official commentary in India. Also able to access it in the UK with a VPN.

Some really, really stupid statements amongst that lot. You want to try being more positive about afcb rather than trolling a Cardiff fan who hasn't come on here to cause trouble.

These are embarrassing JCL type arguments, especially the ones regarding attendances!

"just here for the tv money"? Honestly what kind of an accusation is that!? Come up with something constructive and it might be an interesting discussion.

Oh and if it had been an FA Cup game we would have lost!

Did you see them yesterday. Sol Bamba in midfield. They're here for one season, owner will cash in and they'll be whinging about cost-cutting next season.

Try living in Cardiff dude. They never shut-up about how massive they are, and how teams like Burnley and Bournemouth are taking their rightful place in the PL. They cry and whinge about never having the "credit" they deserve.

Like heck. 80's style tactics on the pitch, 80's style antics off the pitch. I hope the next 37 games go the same way for them.

As for us, I thought we were professional, played very well, got players to come in and will be comfortably mid-table. Hoping we can have a good stab at a cup this year.

This is very true, but we did miss Zohore, who had a slight injury. A good goal scorer, but also an excellent hold up player who brings the rest of the team into attacking positions.

Like I said somewhere else, we had most shots on goal in the Championship last season. I think that side of things will approve as we get more used to the challenge. Even so, it may not be enough.

Wait until Arter plays for you. He will add some passion and motivation in the middle of the park that you missed yesterday

Fair enough. Then, they had been booing him when he was down with a head injury so still not sure what they expect.

Weird about the Sky thing. I'll check the 30 minute show later to see if it has the incident in it but I expect it will probably be cut out.

It didn’t.

Fraser MOM with Ake Wilson Cook and Begovic breathing down his neck.

Eddie must be very pleased with a win in the first game of this season.

I really think we can beat West Am and Everton after their weekend efforts.

What a weird comment - he just had to hit it - isn't that how most goals are scored. he had a good game IMO and some of his hold up play in the last 20 minutes or so was excellent - kept pressure off the midfield.
Just hit it, as in he didn't have to have any composer or confidence which I believe he has lost since his come back, there's no reason he can't get it back, which I hope he does.

Hope Wilson is poor next week. A goal and an assist will do me.

It was an ok game I thought. Need to be a bit sharper in front of goal. All 10 outfield players worked hard and for each other. Good covering and movement. I think it helped that Ibe wasn't playing. His positional sense isn't always 100%.

Just hit it, as in he didn't have to have any composer or confidence which I believe he has lost since his come back, there's no reason he can't get it back, which I hope he does.
I get what you are saying. It was an instinctive finish. Where he has struggled in the past is when he has time to think.

;