AFC Bournemouth v Cardiff City

If they start like they did against OM then we are in for a great game! Very curious selection though, I was not expecting Surman to start.

I'm thinking 4-2-3-1

Smith - Cook - Ake - Daniels
Surman - Gosling
Brooks - King - Fraser
Wilson

Be very surprised if it is not a straight forward 4-4-2 like last weekend.

Lets hope the fact they all played well together last weekend helps them repeat that today.

Lots of speed and intensity in this lineup with potentially devastating impact subs on the bench.
Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

Surprising midfield lineup. Cook on the bench is a shocker but I have to say I like the look of this 11 otherwise.

I live and work in Cardiff, their fans are the worst. Disappeared when they were struggling 2 years ago, had crap crowds last season, and let's not forget that they accepted a rebrand for 1 year in the Premier League.
They have all conveniently forgotten that, and are now kissing the backside of an owner who has shafted them too many times. The only time they didn't like wearing red was when they were getting hammered every week in the Premier and then the Championship. They had 15,000 for some promotion games.

We will win this by at least two. I have never been so confident of a win in the PL. Just boss the midfield, sit deep at the back in case of the Warnock hoof, and let football win as it always does.

That Cardiff think this is an easy start is enough for Eddie to get the boys up for this. Think we'll finish 14th, and I think 2 of the relegation places are already used by Cardiff and Huddersfield.

Bournemouth 3 Cardiff 0. 11,132
For someone who lives in Cardiff, you know precious little about our football team. What you have just trotted out are the same old misconceptions.

Yes, we do have a fickle fan base, but that's been the case since I first saw the Bluebirds in 1966.

We had no football experience at board level at teh time of the previous promotion and the club was still reeling from the mess that Sam Hamman and the Riddler made.

Things are different this time around. We may not survive, but please spare us the same old.......

Yes, we do have a fickle fan base, but that's been the case since I first saw the Bluebirds in 1966.

I never understand this criticism of a club since almost every club has a fickle fan base. I'm sure if some of the so-called giants had to spend 30 years in league 1 with no promotions and no cup success their level of support would suffer a big fall.

I never understand this criticism of a club since almost every club has a fickle fan base. I'm sure if some of the so-called giants had to spend 30 years in league 1 with no promotions and no cup success their level of support would suffer a big fall.
Agreed, but the difference with Cardiff City that the crowds can vary greatly from game to game during the course of a season depending on how results are going.

Agreed, but the difference with Cardiff City that the crowds can vary greatly from game to game during the course of a season depending on how results are going.

"One of the longest running Bournemouth fanzines was Mick Cunningham’s Not The 8502, named after the difference in attendance at the first and last home games of the triumphant 1987 season."

https://alldepartments.wordpress.com/2015/05/26/cherry-culture-part-3-fanzines/

We've seen that here and had it immortalised...

Odd. Against marseille Daniels sat more and Fraser played wide. Today Daniels is getting forward and Fraser is playing narrow. Got caught out once already.

Cardiff getting men behind the ball well, looking tough to breakdown at the moment.

We're looking best on the counter.

Should be able to get some nice overlaps on the wings with fraser/daniels and brooks/smithy.

I’ll say one thing about Wilson. He has never lacked confidence even when going through a barren spell

Brooks looking a bit like a rabbit in the headlights these first 20 minutes, hopefully will settle and get the confidence he showed vs OM.

;