AFC Bournemouth v Coventry City

Yes its bloody disappointing, but bigger picture we drew, still 8 points clear of WBA.
Lerma no red card for us before today apart from the overturned one, first start in defence and a red, there's a surprise! For those clammering for him to play there, square pegs ....
Have to worry about Fulham game we seriously need some players back.
We didnt cope with going to 10, looked lost. Onwards and upwards, was always going to be a blip, just need players back, and not having to play players out of position.

Yes its bloody disappointing, but bigger picture we drew, still 8 points clear of WBA.
Lerma no red card for us before today apart from the overturned one, first start in defence and a red, there's a surprise! For those clammering for him to play there, square pegs ....
We didnt cope with going to 10, looked lost. Onwards and upwards, was always going to be a blip, just need players back, and not having to play players out of position.

I don’t think anyone was clamouring for him to play, was just an interesting discussion. I thought he played well until that moment tbf, but that’s what being a defender is like. One moment and it goes tits up.

Lerma was fine until Stacey, a defender, played a hospital pass.

Wasn't Lerma's fault. He did the right thing taking one for the team at 2-0. Was a nasty pass to him from Stacey, who on the whole had a good game for us. What bothers me is that every time we bring on a sub, we seem to concede. Also, we invited pressure yet again. Why didn't we put a few passes together at the end and kill time that way?

Stacey has been a liability unfortunately for the past few games.

He played well going forward today and because of the wind, every one of the defenders on that pitch made a bad pass that gave the opposition an opening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that was some finish after Lerma getting a red card.

For me Lerma up to his red card was our MOM, he was playing really well in that new role today, mopping up at the back and passing out from the back getting moves going.

We looked to be moving back to the top of the league after goals from Anthony right near half-time and Billing in the second half and were playing well as a team with a few enforced changes due to injury.

But the turning point was the red card and then 5 minutes of injury time where City seem to score with nearly the last kick of the game.

Scott Parker was acting as cheerleader geeing up the home fans in the MS.

It wasn’t the best conditions to watch and play football today, with a strong chilling wind.

We didn’t lose, and that’s the most important thing after Fulham and West Brom drawing in their recent games.

Let’s not lose sight of the first 70 mins. 2-0 up cruising. I don’t think Coventry even threatened. A bad back pass leaving Lerma exposed and then we are a shambles. Games aren’t over in 70 mins, but it goes to show that one incident and it can turn a game.

I have to say, whether it was an issue in communication or none at all, I think Parker takes the blame for this one. It seemed like changes were made too late. Throwing Rossi on at that time was a mistake, he should have come on as soon as possible to the red to give him time to get up to speed.

You're not moving to North Korea are you?
again nice witty post. Go look on a forum from a team in a proper footballing town up north after a devastating blow like that, you will get countless posters reacting like this. Why? Because to them football is life and it’s hard to be rational after such a blow. On this forum? No. Just full of people making witty comments. (Looking forward to the post where I’m told to go and support one of these teams.) Why the difference? Because we are a middle class conservative town who at the essence of it don’t really want or deserve a successful team, I find it very dishearten tbh.[/QUOTE]
Bollox. Over the top reactions don't mean anyone is a better supporter than another. I am pissed off but I don't intend to get into playground rants.

So? You think a manager just throws the players on the pitch each game and says, you know what to do?

Lerma’ a price tag is going to follow him in every position he plays apparently
Yes apparently according to Parker that's exactly what he does!......tbf he did give them 15 minutes of coaching the system.

You think that's the standard of a top manager ?......if JT had come out with that last season what would the reaction have been?
Well if Lerma hadn't got sent off we would have comfortably seen the game out and you would never have even got the 15 minutes comment. Further l am surprised you actually take the 15 minutes comment at face value.l don't.

If Lerma hadn’t of brought their player down would it have been more likely to be 2-1.

Think I would have taken that with 11 men still on the pitch.

The incident happened two minutes after our second goal and we were looking like having all 3 points.

;