AFC Bournemouth v Crystal Palace

hopefully realise what a clusterfuck he and VAR made of the burnley game and give us the rub of the green
or he'll spend the full 90 minutes staring at the monitor trying to work out why zaha keeps falling over?

...to be fair to Mike Dean his decisions were over turned by Stockley Park....so without VAR we probably would have beaten Burnley and not now be in the bottom three!

But the referee is in charge of the game and has the last decision.

All he needed to do was revue the incidents on the pitch side monitor.

That was what Graham Scott used recently, otherwise why are they there?

But the referee is in charge of the game and has the last decision.

All he needed to do was revue the incidents on the pitch side monitor.

That was what Graham Scott used recently, otherwise why are they there?
Mike Dean apparently said to one of our players that he has to give what VAR tells him to give.

Mike Dean apparently said to one of our players that he has to give what VAR tells him to give.

As it was on a home pitch, did he take the easy option on what VAR said?

The referee will explain his decision to the VAR and what he has seen.

If the evidence provided by the broadcast footage does not accord with what the referee believes he has seen, then the VAR can recommend an overturn.

The final decision will remain with the on-field referee.

https://www.premierleague.com/VAR/goal-decisions-explained

He gave us a penalty last season against Palace not many would have given

I used to think he was terrible, but now I am always happy when we get him. I dont think he panders to the big boys.

Burnley was that idiot Kavanagh. Even though we all agree they should look at the monitor (and I bet that will be the direction of travel) atm that isnt the way the PL has gone (misguidedly).

Let’s be honest he’s been one of the better refs this season
I think you are right, but why don't they show it on the big screens like they do at cricket & rugby so we the spectators get a clear view . I don't think refs are given a fair press, they only give what they see. Var was supposed to clean up bad decisions, but all it has done is given us more bad decisions. I think some refs see things differently, but they should be clear guidance give from their association. So we can get a fair & true result.

If he reads this forum pre match then he's a top bloke, top ref and the best we got. ( If he doesn't then he's still a prick who will undoubtedly make an awful decision during the match that will cost us the match. )
I haven't worked out the purpose of the pitch side monitors as no ref can be arsed to look at them. The while purpose of the ref now is to blow for kick off, give throw ins , point at a corner flag, regulate minor tackles , blow the final whistle and walk off with his linesmen slapping each other on the back applauding each other for ruining another game of football.

I think you are right, but why don't they show it on the big screens like they do at cricket & rugby so we the spectators get a clear view . I don't think refs are given a fair press, they only give what they see. Var was supposed to clean up bad decisions, but all it has done is given us more bad decisions. I think some refs see things differently, but they should be clear guidance give from their association. So we can get a fair & true result.
They’re afraid of the crowd reactions ?

;