AFC Bournemouth v Everton

Enjoyable afternoon, Everton are not a great side but they don’t concede many. All things considered I thought that we created more than enough to win the game. Aside from the goal that we gifted them I can’t recall them having any other big opportunities, whereas it felt like we had a few.

I couldn’t disagree more with those suggesting that we played like ‘we were already on the beach.’ I can only assume that those who hold that view were watching from a television screen, because from my view in the North stand I saw the amount of fight our players put into getting that result today.

Everton really are set piece merchants, if you can nullify their threat from dead ball situations then they will struggle to create anything of note. And to our credit, we did deal with their threat from set pieces today.

My ratings

Neto- 4 kicked numerous balls straight out of play when under little/no pressure. Compounded this by gifting Everton a totally undeserved equaliser from a situation he really should be commanding comfortably. An experienced pro like him should be aware enough of his surroundings to know that attempting a catch there is a risk that isn’t worth taking. I’m afraid to say that he is costing us too often at this point and goal keeper really should be the priority position to recruit in come the Summer.

Kerkez- 7 put in a good shift, battled and scrapped for every ball. Solid enough defensively and tried to get forward when he could.

Smith- 7.5 rolled back the years, a performance full of energy and lung busting runs to support the attack. His cross caused the panic that led to the winner. His 200th PL appearance for us, regardless of what you think of him as a player he’s an indisputable cherries legend.

Mepham- 7.5 very solid and didn’t put a foot wrong. Read the game well and made some very important interventions both in the air and on the floor. It did help that he was tasked with marking a literal donkey but hey, he can only defend what is in front of him! Probably be his last season with us but he’s always been a solid and dependable pro.

Zabarnyi- 7.5 the more I watch of him the more I’m convinced he will go on to be one of the best in the world in his position. He quite simply has it all, to be as good as he is at his age is quite frightening. I know many won’t like this, but for me he is a better centre back than Ake. Looks more and more assured by the week.

Adams- 8 MOTM covered every blade of grass and made countless tackles and interceptions. So calm and composed on the ball. Chelsea would have signed him if it weren’t for his injury and you can see why they were interested, and why we decided to take advantage.

Cook- 7.5 did surprisingly well in a more advanced midfield position. Clearly not an entirely natural roll for him but was very busy and always looking to make things happen. The biggest compliment I can pay him is that I didn’t feel like we really missed Christie today, which is huge praise indeed.

Semenyo- 7.5 we all know how good he is by this point. Defenders just bounce off of him and the way he glides with the ball is a joy to behold. Always provides an outlet and you always feel like he will make something happen.

Tavernier- 7 an improved showing from Marcus, looked to drive forward with real pace purpose and look to commit his defender. He lost the ball a few times but I don’t mind so much as long as he is really looking to drive at his opponent and make things happen. Used the ball well at times.

Kluivert- 7.5 will happily admit to being wrong on this one. Did not think this way a game for him but

See dyche is crying about a pen not give boo hoo. He’s so boring and predictable whinge, whinge, whinge poor us.
Served them right for all the play acting. It started with Coleman diving when Kerkez brushed his side and Tarkowski was still at it at the end pretending Kelly had hit him in the face. To his credit I think the ref had cottoned on by the time they had a penalty shout and wasn't giving them anything that wasn't a very clear and obvious foul.

Both sides played like they were on the beach. You'd be fuming if you supported Everton. Boring shite and it's like their players don't care.

Halfway through the first half I kind of formed that opinion, we'd dominated they kind of took control then it settled into a non entity for a while. Also the sun was out and I was dreaming of being on a beach, christ I was struggling to stay awake.

Anyway it livened up. It's amazing how Dyche has manipulated that Everton team into a Burnley replica to try and snuff any life out of the game and crowd.

I have nothing against Everton, a sound club with solid fans, but f**k I hope they/Dyche gets relegated sooner or later. Stinking out football with their awful cynical constantly moaning negative crap. They need to ditch him sooner or later.
They cannot afford to get rid of him. And they can't afford to revamp their squad next year. No saleable assets apart from their young centre back.

If the match had been away I think it would have been given as a penalty. If the opponents had been one of The Six it would have been given as a penalty. I was actually surprised that VAR didn't intervene, but goes to show that when you're down there you don't get the decisions.

Having said that...

Dyche lost all complaining rights about dodgy decisions against us after that season when Burnley were gifted results in both games against us by the most extraordinary set of decisions you'll ever likely see and he just lapped them up. The away match in particular... and in a season where we were relegated by a point those two matches ended up being decisive. So screw him.

I don't mind Everton but as long as they employ him I want them to go down. Ideally sent down by a match where they have a goal disallowed for a non-existent handball, followed by having another goal disallowed and, instead, play pulled back several minutes to award a penalty to the opposition for another non-existent handball.

Enjoyable afternoon, Everton are not a great side but they don’t concede many. All things considered I thought that we created more than enough to win the game. Aside from the goal that we gifted them I can’t recall them having any other big opportunities, whereas it felt like we had a few.

I couldn’t disagree more with those suggesting that we played like ‘we were already on the beach.’ I can only assume that those who hold that view were watching from a television screen, because from my view in the North stand I saw the amount of fight our players put into getting that result today.

Everton really are set piece merchants, if you can nullify their threat from dead ball situations then they will struggle to create anything of note. And to our credit, we did deal with their threat from set pieces today.

My ratings

Neto- 4 kicked numerous balls straight out of play when under little/no pressure. Compounded this by gifting Everton a totally undeserved equaliser from a situation he really should be commanding comfortably. An experienced pro like him should be aware enough of his surroundings to know that attempting a catch there is a risk that isn’t worth taking. I’m afraid to say that he is costing us too often at this point and goal keeper really should be the priority position to recruit in come the Summer.

Kerkez- 7 put in a good shift, battled and scrapped for every ball. Solid enough defensively and tried to get forward when he could.

Smith- 7.5 rolled back the years, a performance full of energy and lung busting runs to support the attack. His cross caused the panic that led to the winner. His 200th PL appearance for us, regardless of what you think of him as a player he’s an indisputable cherries legend.

Mepham- 7.5 very solid and didn’t put a foot wrong. Read the game well and made some very important interventions both in the air and on the floor. It did help that he was tasked with marking a literal donkey but hey, he can only defend what is in front of him! Probably be his last season with us but he’s always been a solid and dependable pro.

Zabarnyi- 7.5 the more I watch of him the more I’m convinced he will go on to be one of the best in the world in his position. He quite simply has it all, to be as good as he is at his age is quite frightening. I know many won’t like this, but for me he is a better centre back than Ake. Looks more and more assured by the week.

Adams- 8 MOTM covered every blade of grass and made countless tackles and interceptions. So calm and composed on the ball. Chelsea would have signed him if it weren’t for his injury and you can see why they were interested, and why we decided to take advantage.

Cook- 7.5 did surprisingly well in a more advanced midfield position. Clearly not an entirely natural roll for him but was very busy and always looking to make things happen. The biggest compliment I can pay him is that I didn’t feel like we really missed Christie today, which is huge praise indeed.

Semenyo- 7.5 we all know how good he is by this point. Defenders just bounce off of him and the way he glides with the ball is a joy to behold. Always provides an outlet and you always feel like he will make something happen.

Tavernier- 7 an improved showing from Marcus, looked to drive forward with real pace purpose and look to commit his defender. He lost the ball a few times but I don’t mind so much as long as he is really looking to drive at his opponent and make things happen. Used the ball well at times.

Kluivert- 7.5 will happily admit to being wrong on this one. Did not think this way a game for him but

Their clear tactic of a player feigning injury immediately after they had a corner or free kick cleared by our defence was so frustrating. It happened 3 times in the second half and each time the ref fell for it and stopped play allowing them to get back and reorganise. Pickford's time wasting started after just a couple of minutes. Horrible side and so glad we got the result we deserved.

If the match had been away I think it would have been given as a penalty. If the opponents had been one of The Six it would have been given as a penalty. I was actually surprised that VAR didn't intervene, but goes to show that when you're down there you don't get the decisions.

Having said that...

Dyche lost all complaining rights about dodgy decisions against us after that season when Burnley were gifted results in both games against us by the most extraordinary set of decisions you'll ever likely see and he just lapped them up. The away match in particular... and in a season where we were relegated by a point those two matches ended up being decisive. So screw him.

I don't mind Everton but as long as they employ him I want them to go down. Ideally sent down by a match where they have a goal disallowed for a non-existent handball, followed by having another goal disallowed and, instead, play pulled back several minutes to award a penalty to the opposition for another non-existent handball.
welcome back. I hope you'll be doing your post match thread again it's been much missed.

He dropped the ball. Even mild mannered and sensible Efan said it was terrible goalkeeping

I still can't confirm it from the highlights but definitely looked to have two hands on the ball before contact at the time.

Interesting that the immediate commentary was "is going to be given?!?" on Sky so maybe not as cut and dry but Kris Temple says he simply dropped it in the Solent commentary.

Halfway through the first half I kind of formed that opinion, we'd dominated they kind of took control then it settled into a non entity for a while. Also the sun was out and I was dreaming of being on a beach, christ I was struggling to stay awake.

Anyway it livened up. It's amazing how Dyche has manipulated that Everton team into a Burnley replica to try and snuff any life out of the game and crowd.
Some of the defending from those Everton short corners was very on the beachy!

Semenyo has to be the bargain buy of recent seasons. MoM for me. Everytime he gets the ball it's never wasted and causes grief for the opposition. Superb performance again today even after international duty in the week.
Most improved since last season. Had the first touch of a brick wall when he arrived, and now takes the ball out of the air like it’s on a piece of string!

There’s got to be an element of confidence and feeling like he belongs in the Premier League to such an improvement.

I like Neto but given he’s nearing the end of his career, I think we should be looking at our options for next season.

I’ve not been in the Neto out camp up to now but as we’re safe, I wouldn’t be averse to giving Travers the last 9 games and seeing how he fares.

Travers’last extended run was in a team that its own manager did his best to undermine, so let’s see how he gets on in a more positive environment. It’s time to decide whether he’s good enough to be the no.1 and, if not, we recruit a new GK in the summer.

And apologies if someone has said all of this already, I haven’t read the whole thread!

;