AFC Bournemouth v Forest Green Rovers - League Cup

I wonder who’ll be starting in goal? You’d think Boruc but maybe he’ll go with Travers to give him some game time?
I’d guess Travers. If he plays very well he could replace Boruc on our PL bench. Between the two of them that spot is up for grabs and we already know that we can count on Boruc if called upon. It would make sense to put Travers back into a match situation.

No H.Wilson? Why not..the guys brilliant!
.,..and we might get a free kick...and apart from that ..whats the point of having him here if he doesnt play ?

Last edited:
No H.Wilson? Why not..the guys brilliant?
.,..and we might get a free kick...and apart from that ..whats the point of having him here ihe doesnt play ?

Anybody playing at Leicester won’t play. Eddie has said the two day turnaround is too tight and different squad preparations going on. Expect a few first team on bench in case it gets hairy else it will be probably the weakest side we have put out in recent years. This is due to injuries not squad strength

Anybody playing at Leicester won’t play. Eddie has said the two day turnaround is too tight and different squad preparations going on. Expect a few first team on bench in case it gets hairy else it will be probably the weakest side we have put out in recent years. This is due to injuries not squad strength

You say weakest side we have put out in recent years. But looking at our squad, we can put out a strong XI that didn't start against City and unlikely to start against Leicester.

Got to give Travers a start!! Let’s be honest the holy Goalie doesn’t care weather he gets a game or not against Forest Green rovers at this stage of his career .

If we had no injuries it would've been a very strong looking line up and I'd fancy a big win. but with - Brooks, L.Cook, Gosling, Francis, Daniels, Stanislas, Kelly & Groeneveld all out injured I think it will be close game presuming we rest the 11 who started against City.

I’m not sure it’s necessarily a case of how strong the side is. All XI will at least be the same standard as Forest Green. It’s more about how balanced the team is.

Physically, Ofobohr and Dobre are quite well developed. That should work better than Surman, Taylor, Hyndman and Mahoney as a midfield 4.

I thought this a couple of weeks ago

Boruc
Stacey-Mepham-Simpson-Rico
Ofoborh-Surman
Kilkenny-Wilson-Danjuma
Solanke

Assuming that 343 has gone in the bin

Given the Danjuma injury and Wilson's first team involvement already I can see Dobre and Ibe getting the nod instead

Boruc
Ofoborh-Surman
Kilkenny-Ibe-Dobre
Solanke

You gotta wonder if Lewis gets named on the bench, even if just to feel involved, maybe get twenty minutes at the end when we're 3 down and beyond hope ;)

Reactions: drd
You say weakest side we have put out in recent years. But looking at our squad, we can put out a strong XI that didn't start against City and unlikely to start against Leicester.

It’s an alright side, just not as good in my opinion as previous years league cup teams. Had we not had nine injuries it would have been our strongest cup team ever though so no criticism of it.

I thought this a couple of weeks ago

Given the Danjuma injury and Wilson's first team involvement already I can see Dobre and Ibe getting the nod instead

Boruc
Ofoborh-Surman
Kilkenny-Ibe-Dobre
Solanke

These hyphenated surnames are getting ever more complex......

;