AFC Bournemouth v Fulham - 5 Games To Go

Is that not telling us something though? They found his football so tedious that they just can’t let it go….

I think their frustration is amplified by the fact that Parker is a bit of a media darling, the next big thing and often praised for his philosophy. They had to sit through two seasons of what they consider to be mind numbing football, only for him to then have the nerve (in their eyes) to push through a move to a club in the same league all while demanding to be compensated at the same time! All while being praised by the media et al as the next up and coming young prodigy.

I think the series of events evolved in such a way that they will never be able to let go of this angst towards Parker. Funnily enough we’re he to lose his job here I think that would provide them with some kind of closure lol
What he said!

Just a screen capture I know but it's an actual image not a simulation. Is the whole of the ball really behind the goal line? It doesn't look it to me.
Screenshot_20220424-013318~2.png

Just a screen capture I know but it's an actual image not a simulation. Is the whole of the ball really behind the goal line? It doesn't look it to me.
View attachment 7667
I must admit that it was very suspicious that it took so long for the computer graphic to be shown. Normally they are shown well before the game restarts following the goal. Add to that Travers celebrating a great save ( rather than looking sheepish about it ) and none of the Fulham players appearing to think that it was a goal at the time, I do wonder whether the graphic was conveniently created to cover up yet another goal line technology failure which affected us :unsure::unsure::unsure:

That picture would certainly suggest that it wasn’t a goal or at least was too close for the technology to be trusted. For me the reaction of the players would suggest that no human being who was there at the time thought that was a goal.

The spanish commentary I was watching immediately claimed it was not a goal. Long before we equalised they were also saying that we deserved at least a draw and that a defeat would be extremely unfair.

So I’m sceptical about how accurate the goal line technology was in this instance but thankfully in the end it wasn’t quite as costly as it could have been. If it cost us two points today which prove critical come season’s end, then obviously it was all a massive conspiracy to keep us from once again getting ideas above our station ;) It’s up to us to make sure that doesn’t happen though. It’s still all in our own hands.

:utc:

I must admit that it was very suspicious that it took so long for the computer graphic to be shown. Normally they are shown well before the game restarts following the goal. Add to that Travers celebrating a great save ( rather than looking sheepish about it ) and none of the Fulham players appearing to think that it was a goal at the time, I do wonder whether the graphic was conveniently created to cover up yet another goal line technology failure which affected us :unsure::unsure::unsure:

That picture would certainly suggest that it wasn’t a goal or at least was too close for the technology to be trusted. For me the reaction of the players would suggest that no human being who was there at the time thought that was a goal.

The spanish commentary I was watching immediately claimed it was not a goal. Long before we equalised they were also saying that we deserved at least a draw and that a defeat would be extremely unfair.

So I’m sceptical about how accurate the goal line technology was in this instance but thankfully in the end it wasn’t quite as costly as it could have been. If it cost us two points today which prove critical come season’s end, then obviously it was all a massive conspiracy to keep us from once again getting ideas above our station ;) It’s up to us to make sure that doesn’t happen though. It’s still all in our own hands.

:utc:
That’s a pretty daft conspiracy theory.

It was the one that mattered. Cook didn’t lose a thing.
I think you've got your 'rose tints' on Neil , Cookie as reliable as he was certainly had a mistake or 2 in him.
Thought Phillips's performance was very Cookesque actually, chucking himself into blocks etc.
Talking of one's that mattered, who was it that got on the end of Travers 'hail mary ' yesterday which ended with the equaliser?

If the performances are always good with flowing, entertaining football but the defence is rocky and results suffer - and you might say miss out on automatic promotion by goal difference, then fans will still call for the manager to go.

Its not just about Parker...the players have the skills..its more down to them I'd say.

Next season, assuming we still go up will be another part of the big Fulham /Boscombe/Parker Saga.....its a pity Watford aint staying up...but we will have the usual Saints and Brighton knob jockeys to contend with on these threads....but no worries..I can rip them some grief !

Last edited:
I think you've got your 'rose tints' on Neil , Cookie as reliable as he was certainly had a mistake or 2 in him.
Thought Phillips's performance was very Cookesque actually, chucking himself into blocks etc.
Talking of one's that mattered, who was it that got on the end of Travers 'hail mary ' yesterday which ended with the equaliser?
For the second time, when I said Cook didn’t make a mistake or get outjumped I was referring to the reciprocal fixture at Fulham and his marking of Mitrovic not his whole career.

Surely people aren’t trying to say Phillips is as good as Cook? There’s no contest here.

Phillips has been improved the last game or two which is welcome. I've criticised when he's been poor so I should note when he's done well. Whether he's the long term answer can be a question for the summer.

As long as you think so honey
For the second time, when I said Cook didn’t make a mistake or get outjumped I was referring to the reciprocal fixture at Fulham and his marking of Mitrovic not his whole career.

Surely people aren’t trying to say Phillips is as good as Cook? There’s no contest here.
Wow so Fulham didn't have chance after chance against us at Craven Cottage then?

PS I am not a fan of Phillips either

Wow so Fulham didn't have chance after chance against us at Craven Cottage then?

PS I am not a fan of Phillips either
I’m only referring to one part. Cook marked Mitrovic out of the game up there, he wouldn’t have got outjumped as pathetically as Phillips was and didn’t when marking him. The Fulham chances and goal were not down to Cook. He is a better player than Phillips.

They were my points. At no time did i say Fulham had no chances at the Cottage nor that Cook had a faultless career!

View attachment 7667

When I saw the highlights on Sky all of the ball was just over the line, it was a goal.

As on the other hand Adam Smith was definitely caught by Harry Wilson so a penalty.

Both managers disputed the decisions, but even after criticising the referee on another thread, he got those decisions right IMO.

When I saw the highlights on Sky all of the ball was just over the line, it was a goal.

As on the other hand Adam Smith was definitely caught by Harry Wilson so a penalty.

Both managers disputed the decisions, but even after criticising the referee on another thread, he got those decisions right IMO.
To be fair the Fulham goal wasn't his decision, the technology makes the decision. Yes agreed it was a definite penalty, no question.

;