AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool - Sunday 4.30 pm

Weather forecast - heavy rain and winds over 50mph! Anything could happen …
This is shaping up as a re-run of the cup game. Which they were lucky to win. I don’t think Nunez had any idea where that effort was going, having wrong footed the defence by cocking up his first touch completely.

Then while we were all still laughing at him the wind got under his full force strike and guided it into the top corner.

Looked good on telly tho.

From Jurgen Klopp’s press conference.

"When you don't play them at the weekend I admire what Bournemouth is doing. Difficult start with the manager change and the results, if you don't look properly, it can happen but they have turned it around and that is proper coaching. A really good mix, play football, use Solanke in a sesnational way. Proper. But I don't think they are preparing and thinking 'thank God Liverpool is coming.' I want us to show that too. Can't remember the last match-day when it wasn't tough because it's never happened."

Klopp on Solanke​

"I am so happy for Dom! When we signed him we were so happy with him and he had so much potential but it is Liverpool. At that time he was not the most clinical but the talent was obvious. He made the right decision to go there, through different stages, scored enough goals last season and is now up there with the greatest. A really good kid, wonderful player who has done it the hard way. Moving a bit too early and then moving to Bournemouth."

Hands off Klipperty!

Any of our weather prognosticators care to venture a guess whether the weather will lead to the game being postponed a la Florist.

Weather forecast - heavy rain and winds over 50mph! Anything could happen …
This is shaping up as a re-run of the cup game. Weather included. Which Liverpool were lucky to win. I don’t think Nunez had any idea where his effort was going, having initially wrong footed the Cherries defence by cocking up his first touch completely.

Then, while we were all still laughing at him the wind got under his full force strike at the Ted Mac and guided it into the top corner of the goal.

Looked good on telly tho

Any of our weather prognosticators care to venture a guess whether the weather will lead to the game being postponed a la Florist.
Seems according to the Met Office weather wind warning it will go as far as Brighton coming from the area to the East.

Also down the West Coast.

Scroll down to 7 hours ago.

But on the BBC, the forecast for our area, predicting rain and strong winds, with a temperature of 12 C.

Absentees are frustrating but the good news is that just one league game in January helps to minimise the impact. Playing Liverpool can be a defeat even with a full team.

Absentees are frustrating but the good news is that just one league game in January helps to minimise the impact. Playing Liverpool can be a defeat even with a full team.

My thinking too.

Want to win every game of course, but woukd be more concerned by absentees for mid table or lower sides.

We have Adam Smith out still as he missed the game against QPR,” he started.

“On top of that, Milos Kerkez is still definitely out, while Ryan Fredericks and Tyler Adams are longer term injuries.

“Lloyd Kelly is the only player who I would leave it open to, but he’s definitely not 100% guaranteed to play. He’s the only one who has a slight chance of being in the squad.”

We have Adam Smith out still as he missed the game against QPR,” he started.

“On top of that, Milos Kerkez is still definitely out, while Ryan Fredericks and Tyler Adams are longer term injuries.

“Lloyd Kelly is the only player who I would leave it open to, but he’s definitely not 100% guaranteed to play. He’s the only one who has a slight chance of being in the squad.”

R&R rubbing his hands with glee.

;