AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool - Sunday 4.30 pm

We've beaten them before.....beaten Klopp before....those are numbers 2 and 3 in the 'significant stats' list that we should be concerned with....number One is about which team and what players 'turn up' on the day for both clubs....plus how they've dealt with the 'break' ....'form' has to be reignited.
So many things can affect this result.

Warning – this preview will be less relevant as compared with the recent games as Liverpool have no Salah, Alexander-Arnold, Endo or Matip, and there are question marks over Szoboszlai, and we have no Senesi, Semenyo or Ouattara. Salah has the highest number of goal involvements in the Premier League this season as should be a big miss.

I’ve looked at the last 4 league games for Liverpool. These were three home games (Man U, Arsenal and Newcastle) and away at Burnley. Liverpool were unbeaten and gained 8 points although the XGs suggested it could have been 10 with Liverpool dominant against Man U. Liverpool have scored 7 goals and conceded 3 with xG estimating 12.28 goals with 2.90 conceded, although of the xG 7.11 was against Newcastle which is an all-time high in the Premier League.

Goals xG.png

Liverpool have had 5 different goal scorers with Salah getting 3 and 4 players with 1 each. Jota has 2 assists, with 5 players with one each.

The average positions of the starting line-ups are below. Salah (who is missing) always plays high on the right. Against an injury hit Newcastle the average positions of Salah and Darwin were amongst the highest I’ve seen.

Av pos.png

The following graph compares summary stats of Liverpool and AFCB over the last 4 games. Liverpool have had more chances, more big chances and have a better xG although AFCB have scored more. Liverpool look defensively sound being stronger than AFCB, but both teams’ defences have been good.

Comparison.png

As expected, Liverpool have had a greater percentage possession over the last 4 games. Chances created from open play are comparable, although Liverpool long strong from set pieces, with less than 1 in 6 attempts against them coming from this route.

Percentages.png

Football again at last !
Thank f√ck for that batman :batman:
Now we can leave the forum spats behind and focus on putting that round thing in the onion bag at least one more time than the opposition.
It's the time to continue our inexorable rise up into those tasty European places with some more of that rock 'n roll football this Iraola fella is into !
Time for our brave boys to stick it up those elite global megastars and for us to once more savour the taste of Klopp's salty tears !
Bring it on !

:love::thumbup::punk::cup::tophat:

Of course we can win the game, that's not to say we will. The biggest miss of the players out is probably Senesi, particularly if Kelly is still injured. I don't really trust Mepham and would we risk Hill for a first game back? Maybe Lewis Cook will fill in at CB again, as he did at QPR (although I doubt it).

It is a squad game and players have to fill in from time to time. Sometimes it doesn't work and they get exposed; other times, they play a blinder. Not knowing what will happen is part of the reason we watch sport.

Should the latest Premier League Player of the Month winner score against his former club this weekend, he will set a Cherries record.

A fourth consecutive goal at the Vitality Stadium will make Solanke the first Bournemouth player to find the net in as many games at home in the top-flight.

And what better team to achieve the feat against than your former side.

From Jurgen Klopp’s press conference.

"When you don't play them at the weekend I admire what Bournemouth is doing. Difficult start with the manager change and the results, if you don't look properly, it can happen but they have turned it around and that is proper coaching. A really good mix, play football, use Solanke in a sesnational way. Proper. But I don't think they are preparing and thinking 'thank God Liverpool is coming.' I want us to show that too. Can't remember the last match-day when it wasn't tough because it's never happened."

Klopp on Solanke​

"I am so happy for Dom! When we signed him we were so happy with him and he had so much potential but it is Liverpool. At that time he was not the most clinical but the talent was obvious. He made the right decision to go there, through different stages, scored enough goals last season and is now up there with the greatest. A really good kid, wonderful player who has done it the hard way. Moving a bit too early and then moving to Bournemouth."

;