AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool - Sunday 4.30 pm

Watching from the Ted Shed, Diogo Jota looked to be the strongest and most energised player on the pitch. Credit where it's due, he was immense on Sunday and was very direct. His input transformed Liverpool and the goal gave them two extra gears. We couldn't handle him.

Watching from the Ted Shed, Diogo Jota looked to be the strongest and most energised player on the pitch. Credit where it's due, he was immense on Sunday and was very direct. His input transformed Liverpool and the goal gave them two extra gears. We couldn't handle him.
He is a great player - the unsung one of tge Liverpool front line ..

Our defence is looking exposed on both flanks. Senesi will be back which kind of will sure up the centre, but Aaron's now looks to be crocked, and Kerkez/Smith, unsure when they are back.

Kelly can fill in well if he's staying, but having two of the wide players in the back 4 either coming back from injury or making their PL debut against the top team, it was unlikely we would get anything from the game, despite everyones optimism before the game.

Mepham, Hill, Aaron's and Kelly, all a game far too early against the league leaders, but AI had no other choice.

Against lesser opposition we may have got away with it, but none of our squad played particularly well today.

Cook and Christie got found out. The amount of times they turned inside and got tackled showed Klopp out predicted AI.

Tavernier is way off the pace, and Solanke got destroyed, as he always does against top defenders.

One of those games, and after a break we never seem to do well.

If we had played Liverpool after a 2 or 3 game winning streak, with no interlude, it would have been an entirely different game.

Not having a meltdown, but the gulf between the squads was evident today.

I expect Andoni will evaluate the game well, and have us much more competitive next week.

But we are looking very thin at the back and need a couple of loans perhaps, depending on how far Kerkez and Smith are.

This AFCON is a shambles....everyone asking how Liverpool will do without Salah????

They have enough quality whereby someone will try and take Salahs place in a Liverpool squad.

For teams like us we just have round holes we try and fill with square pegs.

Just a game to forget, but kind of highlights we are very unbalanced in many areas.
This .

Interesting where the blame can be pointed. I know it’s easy to blame the ‘keeper but gut reaction at the time I thought Neto should be doing better for the second and fourth.

Positioning wrong to be beaten at the near post. I know that’s basic blame the keeper stuff, but it does always look poor.

The fourth he thought about coming for the cross, hesitated and did nothing. Begovicesque stuff. That hesitation can often put off the defender as well, watching the replay I don’t think that was the case on this occasion. But generally, a defender does need confidence in knowing what their keeper is going to do.

Just like a defender shouldn’t “let it bounce” on a direct ball, I don’t think a ‘keeper should be letting a cross hit the ground in their six yard box. You command that area.

Taken apart by a far superior team
We do not know how to put the ball in the back of the net
Shame but that’s the difference in teams in the premier league

U

On the tactics. First half thought we looked good. Solid enough defensively despite lack of experience or regularly appearances with Mepham and Hill.

Their 84 was being covered by Sinisterra when they were in possession to give Hill some extra cover. On the one occasion Sinisterra was unable to do this, Kluivert fouled him off the ball behind the ref’s back. Tactically this was very good stuff.

Half time, this immediately stopped for whatever reason, whether it was intentional by us or caused by the Liverpool tweak of formation I don’t know.

That 4th goal. Our right back was out of position, in the dugout injured. We only had 10 men on the pitch and most of them were attacking players : )

Certainly doesn’t help and why Zabarnyi could have been caught out of position with an overload.

First time our team haven’t scored in the Premier League since 7th October away against Everton.

Previous to that the home defeat against Arsenal.

In our last six league games our side have scored 12 goals and conceded 9.

We have won 4 and lost 2 against Spurs and Liverpool.

the third he slid in to try and block the cross but 4th he should've been better positioned
I’d watch the fourth again, Nunez got goalside of Zab easily and stayed there. The third wouldn’t have happened at all if Zab hadn’t fallen over unless I’m confusing it with the second.

Meps is everyone’s favourite scapegoat but it can’t be to the extent of ignoring someone else’s direct errors and him trying to recover them.

Where were you observing all this from? ;-)

From behind my keyboard of course mate ;)

A true warrior.

I've got no issue confronting people who take the p1ss. As I did when people booed Kelly and Aby pr1ck wearing a Southampton top in the area (providing they're under 10 or a woman of course ;)).

I encourage others to do the same. Particularly saints fans. They wouldntvwalkn around Pompey in a saints shirt.

We're seen a soft touch and people need to know and made to feel uneasy about it so they think twice about it in the future imo.

I'm not talking about physical confrontation of course. But who knows how these things coukd escalate :D. Jokingly taking the p1ss/bit of banter doesn't tend to escalate ime... if done in certain way. And 6 year olds rarely tend to headbut or punch you over it anyway ;)

Had some amusing encounters with Saints fans. In summer spotted a car with Saints badge in rear window in slow moving traffic on Dorset Way, pulled alongside and starting pointing down laughing/smiling, shouting enjoy the championship and other silly stuff. She totally flipped and was swearing, calling me every now under the sun, face contorted in rage. I just carried on laughing, winding her up. Although from safety of my own car of course... and fact she was a woman ;)

Good sport, in my tiny little mind anyway!

Last edited:
I think 20k to start with, with option to go up to 25k. 3k away fans, 17k home.
We aren't going to get 30k every week in our lifetime though, Too many people who live down here aren't local originally (councils fault) and that plays a massive part in the club you choose to support and that's on top of the high number of Southern born plastics who support United and Liverpool.
When we took nearly 40k to Wembley in 98 at least 15k of those people weren't outright Bournemouth fans there was lot of big club plastics there.
I think the 19k that went to Cardiff was best comparison and the max we could do at the time but that was 20 years ago and we have grown alot since then.

When the new stadium plans are drawn up and submitted to the Council I'm fully expecting some nimby prat whose lived here for 3 years in one of those nearby houses near the NS and ES to object and make life difficult, plenty of Elaine Findlays about which is why I'm not getting my hopes up til it's getting built.
The stadium will be hugely important for BCP. I imagine that if there are informal discussions taking place presently, much of it will have to do with infrastructure and who pays for what, in terms of building approach roads, parking etc. A planning officer can make a recommendation either way BUT if there are 20 or more objections to any scheme it has to go before the planning committee and they will make the decision.

Well...next day and approximately 15 hours worth of reflection and analysis...or maybe only half of that if you got some sleep.

Mmm I don't think...don't think any of us know quite what we've got with this bunch of players.
An opportunity for a couple of lesser used players to come in and shine against a tough opposition but who also had a few lesser used players...all that a sort of subjective history now...and an ugly result plonked in the archives.

Singing daft songs about "High Arolla eat Paella and drinking El' Stella" is not going to propel the team forward like an ol' North Eastern type 'Roar'
That is what you Need...what is needed..essential.. .in my book.
The Dean Court crowd as it is...is a shambolic, fragmented insipid mess ! Truth hurts dunnit ?

Any students of Rant ? Hello and carry on reading...this is yo Monday Morning Manna.....
Calf - skin notebooks at the ready !

(I don't think the New Larger Stadium is going to happen....there is something not quite right....the training ground thing is taking too long and I dont think that is what that build actually is....it's a Country Club for Yuppie / Corporate types...connected or about to be connected to the club.)

Quite what will happen in the FA Cup midweek..Christ knows...two clubs fresh from a couple of batterings...it's meant to be 'Our Year' as per hoo-ha post- the 'hapless' O'Neil...yeah him !
We would probably have to face one of the biggy clubs in a Semi...and unless it's Manu or Chelsea in their current form ...that would be curtains !

Ok ...this aint exactly yer Rosy Specs stuff is it....like you'll get from some quarters..oh don't get me wrong....I can do that....switch into that quite easily ...but No ...a balance is required ..always that needed....you can't have Positives unless... Unless you have the Negatives to measure against - Science Rules it ultimately !

Ye Gods this is depressing innit ? ;)

Late Breakfast next and then a walk on the breezy cold Moors to get a grip !
- the Missus in tow. ..and her towing a truck of Werthers and Fishermen's Friends !

I’d watch the fourth again, Nunez got goalside of Zab easily and stayed there. The third wouldn’t have happened at all if Zab hadn’t fallen over unless I’m confusing it with the second.

Meps is everyone’s favourite scapegoat but it can’t be to the extent of ignoring someone else’s direct errors and him trying to recover them.
Well said.

;