AFC Bournemouth v Luton Town - FA Cup Third Round

Here's to seeing a few fresh eager faces in the side, playing some positive football, giving Eddie one or two new names to consider, and giving the club a small boost and something to build on for the significant challenges ahead.

Im convinced that the attitude of some players is that because they dont play in a competitive game all season....when they are put in an 'understrength' team for the FA Cup....its " oh they only want me for cup ties..f#ck it ..im not gonna bust a gut".
The opposite to what we fans expect.
I cant prove it but..the stigma hanging over this yearly event is significant.
I feel it should Always be 90% the best available team .. introducing the fringe players in ones and twos for the cup games and for replacing those that are off form for long periods through the season. There is always one or two off form at any juncture in a season.
The very expression ' understrength team" puts an immediate Negative onto everything associated with it...the game...the fans....the players involved.

Last edited:
KT mentioned that he is well down the pecking order at the moment or words to y
Surely he should be in the squad with all the injuries and ahead of those carrying a knock

Totally agree. He hasn't fulfilled his potential but has a point to prove and could make a massive difference. Use him today and here on in the squad. We've got Stanislas who can also play at right back. Looking forward to seeing Sturridge, Dobre and Kilkenny. Agree that C Wilson should play to hopefully build up his confidence. Looking forward to tomorrow. £10 ticket; less pressure and a chance to see some fringe players and hopefully build up morale. For me, it's more important that we play freely tmow. If we win, that will be an extra bonus.

will Luton even put a strong team out? they are fighting relegation

maybe it will be under 11's playing and half time oranges for all

Asked at his pre-match press conference whether any players would be in a position to return, Howe replied: “Probably not. The week after, we’ll have to wait and see.”

Howe added it would be important to “make sure the players are fully fit to perform at their levels” before they could be considered for selection.

Having been knocked out in the third round in the past three years, Howe described the visit of Luton as “a really important game for us” and said he would “try to pick the strongest team we can”.

Striker Sam Surridge, recalled from a loan spell with Swansea City this week, could be in contention to feature.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/strongest-team-possible-for-cup-says-howe/
Why ?
He hasn’t bothered the last few times to pick the strongest teams in the Cup ..

We need to win and put in a performance, our fans have been hurt most by FA Cup performances last few years and this current bad run.

I'm not going to criticise any poor performance by the team selected tomorrow.
The main thing is to see if we can get 2 or 3 back for the following week.

I hope the kids who do get to start, shine and get themselves noticed.

I thought Kilkenny might have a had a start after his pre season displays. He won't be a kid for much longer mind, play him or loan him.

;