AFC Bournemouth v Luton Town - FA Cup Third Round

I think we should be looking to rest as many as possible, however, maybe this is the wrong approach, but I think Callum should start this game. He really, really needs a goal, and he seems like one of the few players that isn't carrying an injury or recovering from one. A goal for Wilson could lift the whole team as, rightly or wrongly, most around the club view him as one of our star players.
Callum scored one last september, since then we have only accumulated 8 points and only scored 7 goals in 14 matches.

What has happened to ibe? Hes not mentioned amongst the injured, I know he has a court case hanging over him, but is that the reason hes not in the squad, as he was in one just before xmas

KT mentioned that he is well down the pecking order at the moment or words to that effect.

I think we should be looking to rest as many as possible, however, maybe this is the wrong approach, but I think Callum should start this game. He really, really needs a goal, and he seems like one of the few players that isn't carrying an injury or recovering from one. A goal for Wilson could lift the whole team as, rightly or wrongly, most around the club view him as one of our star players.

When I have seen Callum on live TV matches or at Dean Court over the last month or so, he seems to me to have lost a bit of pace, for whatever reason.

Normally when he is in a chase towards goal he would win, but not recently.

I think a win for the Cherries will help the morale of the club (that's the positive),
the negative is that we'll be in the 4th round so another game to play.
I guess the solution is to play the same team, more or less, as the one that beats Luton.

The way we have been playing, they couldn’t really do any worse and the fringe players/youngsters would be out to prove themselves, a thing that is sadly lacking from those playing recently for whatever reason.

Surely Eddie will be telling Surridge and Killkenny that this is their chance to stake a claim in the starting eleven against Watford. Let's face it, not one of the current eleven (aside from Ramsdale) has a right to be starting next Saturday.

Show me what you can do and you'll be rewarded.

Even if we lose, he'll be looking specifically at performances.

When I have seen Callum on live TV matches or at Dean Court over the last month or so, he seems to me to have lost a bit of pace, for whatever reason.

Normally when he is in a chase towards goal he would win, but not recently.
I noticed that vs WH, a ball he would normally chase and win out by the sideline, he just couldn't be bothered, gave up the chase, thus the defender was able to collect the ball, turn and start another attack.

Surely Eddie will be telling Surridge and Killkenny that this is their chance to stake a claim in the starting eleven against Watford. Let's face it, not one of the current eleven (aside from Ramsdale) has a right to be starting next Saturday.

Show me what you can do and you'll be rewarded.

Even if we lose, he'll be looking specifically at performances.
"Surely Eddie will be telling Surridge and Killkenny that this is their chance to stake a claim in the starting eleven against Watford"
I wouldn't tell them that, it might make them freeze.
Just let them play their normal game, no need to put any pressure on them.

We should also take solace in that Luton are rock bottom of the Championship, so should be concentrating on staying in the league over a cup run. I'd expect them to rest quite a few players too.

The Referee is Darren England, seems to be a Championship referee.

But a face seen fairly regularly at Dean Court is assistant referee Sian Massey-Ellis. Rob Smith is the other assistant.

VAR is under the control of Anthony Taylor.

The fans email has just arrived. Luton fans have the Ted Mac shack so when I take my customary walk around the ground anti clockwise passing others going clockwise I have to take a detour along the path thus avoiding any contact with an away fan.Another over reaction from our Div 2 management. Sets of fans can quite happily regularly sit on the same tables in the Kings Park Cafe or on a train and discuss a game in peace.

According to Solent, we have sold out for the game, with Luton fans behind the goal, this should be the biggest gate of the season , be interesting to see what it is

If anyone has a spare ticket for Saturday (main stand if poss), I’d be much obliged!
Seriously? Some of us have to go because kids insist. You have the chance to do something much more entertaining in the wallpaper isle of Homebase.

Fly free my friend.... fly free.

Seriously? Some of us have to go because kids insist. You have the chance to do something much more entertaining in the wallpaper isle of Homebase.

Fly free my friend.... fly free.
Ha true but once you’ve got the bug, you’ve got the bug, eh? Wild horses and all that...actually the kids and I have got ours, the extra is for my brother who’s down for the weekend. He’s heard about some curious football being played at DC and wants to check it out for himself...

I'm flying free to sit with the moaning minnies in the Main stand.

With a quick look at the squad who will get us promoted next season ;)

Luton seem to be struggling, hopefully they'll make a decent noise.

Asked at his pre-match press conference whether any players would be in a position to return, Howe replied: “Probably not. The week after, we’ll have to wait and see.”

Howe added it would be important to “make sure the players are fully fit to perform at their levels” before they could be considered for selection.

Having been knocked out in the third round in the past three years, Howe described the visit of Luton as “a really important game for us” and said he would “try to pick the strongest team we can”.

Striker Sam Surridge, recalled from a loan spell with Swansea City this week, could be in contention to feature.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/strongest-team-possible-for-cup-says-howe/

;