AFC Bournemouth v Luton Town - Wednesday 7.30 pm

No disrespect to Tom Lockyer, but surely Lutons manager wouldn't have waited until this game to use the unfortunate incident that happened to Tom to motivate his squad?

Surely he would have done that the moment it happened?

I expect a really tough game against Luton, and wouldn't be surprised if they gave us one of the toughest games of the season.

You do however predict the same outcome for almost every game we play.

It's almost sickening that you're using Tom Lockyer as a yardstick to back up your negativity.

You really do need a holiday, as clearly AFCB brings absolutely no joy to your life.

Why do you even bother, if all you see is doom and gloom?
No I don't just see doom and gloom. What I do see is reality and realism. The unfortunate Lockyer incident took place at our ground and so, this will provide them with extra impetus to raise their game.

Please try to think.

That last para sums it up nicely.

Tonight, we all have the perfect opportunity to thank everyone associated with the Cherries and I hope it happens, with a uniquely friendly atmosphere being generated.

Ahead of the game, there will be, for many, an emotional moment with Tom Lockyer set to emerge from the tunnel and walk around the pitch, offering his thanks for their understanding and concern on that surreal December afternoon.

I’m sure there will be a few tears in Tom’s eyes as this small part of the football world continues to show respect and contribute to the old adage that, sometimes, life is more important than the game.

Bravo AFC Bournemouth.

Communication is key when it comes to that support. The PFA’s Muslim Player Considerations awareness workshops encourage clubs to sit down with players leading up to the religious month to help build a tailored, individualised schedule that will optimise player performance and wellbeing during that time.

This year, Ramadan is expected to begin on the evening of Sunday 10 March and end on Tuesday 9 April. The first week can be the most challenging for some players as their bodies adjust to new eating and sleeping patterns.

If managed poorly, some of the common side-effects during Ramadan can include tiredness, dehydration, low concentration levels, feeling lethargic and mood swings. It is therefore useful for players to follow a set fasting and training routine.

The Ted Mac searching on saturday was ridiculous and intrusive, more so than usual.

There was a change of tact this time. The head 'security guy' took it upon himself to walk up and down the queue threatening that if we didn't queue in three lines he would 'cut it' - no idea what he meant.

He seemed to be blaming the queue for the fact that few people were going through the turnstiles, instead of looking at the three muppets hell bent on finding something under someones hat who were actually the cause of the massive slow moving queue.

I wonder if @Jim Frevola has any idea that the amateurs preventing timely spectator entry to the ground must be costing the club a fortune in food and drink sales inside.
The matchday information email that goes out prior to every home game states clearly that drinks must be in a completely transparent bottle. A few weeks ago I was told by a steward that I couldn’t take mine in unless the cap was removed. I showed him the email and got in (with bottle cap still in place) after being told that the stewards inside the ground would confiscate my bottle. I told him that they wouldn’t, and they of course didn’t. It’s farcical and time-consuming.

Just saw that Ramadan started this week. Wonder if that will have a bearing on any decision to start Dango.
Ah Dango of course. I was trying to think last night which if any players might be impacted by this, no Danjuma these days.

Sounds like team news is much the same as the weekend.

The matchday information email that goes out prior to every home game states clearly that drinks must be in a completely transparent bottle. A few weeks ago I was told by a steward that I couldn’t take mine in unless the cap was removed. I showed him the email and got in (with bottle cap still in place) after being told that the stewards inside the ground would confiscate my bottle. I told him that they wouldn’t, and they of course didn’t. It’s farcical and time-consuming.

I was told I couldn't bring a packet of crisps in as I hadn't bought it at the ground.

Updated team news from the BBC.

Bournemouth head coach Andoni Iraola has said that Dominic Solanke is fit despite not training fully last week.

Marcos Senesi will be sidelined until after the international break, while Tyler Adams was named on the bench for the first time this season on Saturday.
Luton's Teden Mengi is available despite limping off against Crystal Palace but Gabriel Osho will miss out.

Ross Barkley should recover from a broken nose suffered at the weekend, however Elijah Adebayo remains injured.

Luton Town FC.

Last edited:
Dare say realityandrealism is much likely an alter ego of a long time poster.

Waz is my first guess.

Now he tries to only post serious messages, when the inner Waz really needs to wind everyone up.

Hence, realityandrealism.

Realityandrealism is someone's parody account, who's though, not entirely sure.

It's a wind up for sure, and the biggest wind up in recent years is Waz, KingKieffer Midfielder_Magic....... etc

Remember he used ChatGPT and pretended he was a qualified Physio.

It's got Waz written all over it.
Can’t buy that as R&R, in various disguises, has been all over the DE’s comments pages for years until something like the last year. His (I think a he but you never know in today’s society from one day to the next) will have been fraught with loneliness which has driven him back to this forum. Waz, in his calmer and sobre moments has some good understandings of the game. R&R, sadly, has lost his way in the world, is lonely and merely seeks attention, which of course, he is getting on this forum. I hope it eventually cheers him up.

;