AFC Bournemouth v Luton Town - Wednesday 7.30 pm

A " no sh#t, Sherlock!" moment from me perhaps, but our midfield really need to close Barkley out of the game tonight. Every positive part of their game comes through him.

He was very good in the first game and seemed to have acres of space. Mind you, at times during that game, it was almost as though our midfield had made a conscious decision to vacate the middle of the pitch!

I disagree. It is very much a six pointer. If we lose we will be having to look over our shoulder. We need to win to put us 13 points clear of the team third from bottom.
You are entitled to your opinion, however wrong it is. I am not complacent, just being realistic.

For this to turn out to be a 6 pointer, we would need to lose nearly every remaining game, of which we have 10 after tonight.

35 points is likely to be enough to stay up this season. If we lose tonight, do you think we'll manage to win 1 of the remaining 10 games?

The diabolical run to relegation that you seem to want and crave is very unlikely, both in terms of our form and statistically.

"hit him on the nose, hit him on the nose"
I was going to post something like " a stray elbow on his nose might slow him down " but didn't think I'd get away with it.
Now that you've set the tone for the evening,......." smash the rest of his face in !"
We can all be friends afterwards and 3 points better off.

I was going to post something like " a stray elbow on his nose might slow him down " but didn't think I'd get away with it.
Now that you've set the tone for the evening,......." smash the rest of his face in !"
We can all be friends afterwards and 3 points better off.
Hard to play any sport when your eyes are watering.

The Ted Mac searching on saturday was ridiculous and intrusive, more so than usual.

There was a change of tact this time. The head 'security guy' took it upon himself to walk up and down the queue threatening that if we didn't queue in three lines he would 'cut it' - no idea what he meant.

He seemed to be blaming the queue for the fact that few people were going through the turnstiles, instead of looking at the three muppets hell bent on finding something under someones hat who were actually the cause of the massive slow moving queue.

I wonder if @Jim Frevola has any idea that the amateurs preventing timely spectator entry to the ground must be costing the club a fortune in food and drink sales inside.
Other than perhaps Brentford and WHU recently, the searches at AFCB are several fold more intrusive than most of the away games.

I find it incredibly insulting when they ask elderly people to remove their hats. It's incredulous tbh.

Other than perhaps Brentford and WHU recently, the searches at AFCB are several fold more intrusive than most of the away games.

I find it incredibly insulting when they ask elderly people to remove their hats. It's incredulous tbh.
Not rigorous enough really - who knows what could be hidden under a toupee..?

You are entitled to your opinion, however wrong it is. I am not complacent, just being realistic.

For this to turn out to be a 6 pointer, we would need to lose nearly every remaining game, of which we have 10 after tonight.

35 points is likely to be enough to stay up this season. If we lose tonight, do you think we'll manage to win 1 of the remaining 10 games?

The diabolical run to relegation that you seem to want and crave is very unlikely, both in terms of our form and statistically.
The fact remains that we do not want the team third from bottom (i.e. Luton) closing the points cushion we currently have between us an them. So, I will stick with this being a six pointer.

I’m loving that lineup. Shame no Senesi, hope he’s back fit in time for the next game.

Dango at left back is a bold move. Hopefully him and Sinisterra have a good game down that left! Finally dropped Tav, might do him some good starting on the bench after starting so many.

Scott in for Kluivert surprises me a little, personally think Kluivert has been our most consistent player behinds Cook and the other obvious ones. But don’t dislike Scott at all, it’s a good chance for him today.

Hoping for a good win today to keep us pushing for top half finish. But equally don’t want us to thrash them as I want Luton to stay up.

Up the Cherries!

;