AFC Bournemouth v Luton Town

The football fraternity showed its best side today- everything from the Luton fan who won the crossbar challenge giving his Santa cap to a fan in the North Stand to that bloody brilliant respect we gave Tom Lockyer being carried off then to both teams at the end. Absolutely the right call to abandon the game imo, but so impressed by everyone at DC today. We go again!

I deleted my earlier post as the priority for one poster was if they had to pay to watch the match again...I think like many who witnessed it we probably need a bit of time.
I know mate. Clearly a very grave situation witnessed, a wife waiting in the tunnel not knowing what she is going to see, team mates and a boss in tears… meanwhile on here and other forms of social media people are saying they will boycott the club if they have to pay to get in (like that’s going to happen), others declaring a medical team of professionals completely wrong and predictions of his need to retire. Lads still in hospital.

I know we were all brought up to different values etc but sometimes I can’t believe my eyes!

Only a tiny few thankfully and the behaviour in the ground was exemplary

Granada - Athletic Bilbao had a similar situation just last week.

A Granada fan passed from a heart attack during the game.

The game was first stopped, then abandoned and finally the remaining minutes were played the following day.

Not sure what the protocol is in the Premier League.
I would think to resume the game, you would need the exact same players available.

I deleted my earlier post as the priority for one poster was if they had to pay to watch the match again...I think like many who witnessed it we probably need a bit of time.
If you're referring to my post, this was absolutely NOT my priority. In fact, I won't be going to the rescheduled match because I only went today as my friend gave me his ticket because he was sick today. It's about the club not making extra money in horrid circumstances like this, which would be in awful taste. If you're referring to something similar that someone else said, then maybe try to think the best of them and assume their sentiment was similar to mine rsther than about money.

Praise for the medical teams, must have saved his life given cardiac arrest happened. Also praise for Phil bill for quickly alerting the medical teams.

Found the message saying the game was suspended a bit puzzling - sort of implied a temporary stop vs saying abandoned to signal end of events?

As for paying for the rearranged game thought the general rule was no refund if you play 60 mins. That was the exact time when we had our snow abandonment at Wigan under Harry. I would expect to pay again tbh

meanwhile on here and other forms of social media people are saying they will boycott the club if they have to pay to get in (like that’s going to happen),

I know we were all brought up to different values etc but sometimes I can’t believe my eyes!

pearl-clutching sanctimony
it's almost as if you've spent the past couple of hours looking for stuff to take offence at
what a strange little chap you are

If you're referring to my post, this was absolutely NOT my priority. In fact, I won't be going to the rescheduled match because I only went today as my friend gave me his ticket because he was sick today. It's about the club not making extra money in horrid circumstances like this, which would be in awful taste. If you're referring to something similar that someone else said, then maybe try to think the best of them and assume their sentiment was similar to mine rsther than about money.

Thanks for the lecture. Your post was crass about Bill and the club and you not going again.

On the train back to London with their set piece coach. The Luton player had a heart attack on the pitch and needed 2 rounds of defibrillator treatments to revive him. Currently at Bournemouth hospital for 24 hours observation and doing well. We could do with their set piece coach!

Thanks for the lecture. Your post was crass about Bill and the club and you not going again.
Good God. You're being utterly ridiculous. A player has suffered a cardiac arrest and you're having a go at someone for saying the club shouldn't profit from the replay. I do hope nobody actually says anything offensive to you. How would you react then?

I was shocked to witness what was happening on the pitch. I think Tom's partner was pitch side at one point.
I wasn't surprised that the match was abandoned, I personally had no interest in it continuing.

Pleased the players came out to applaud us and we them. Their manager too.
Best wishes to Tom, his family and friends. Get well soon.

I know mate. Clearly a very grave situation witnessed, a wife waiting in the tunnel not knowing what she is going to see, team mates and a boss in tears… meanwhile on here and other forms of social media people are saying they will boycott the club if they have to pay to get in (like that’s going to happen), others declaring a medical team of professionals completely wrong and predictions of his need to retire. Lads still in hospital.

Read my posts from the moment poor Tom is on the ground. Look at the whole context and you will see I was clearly not worried about money. Am not having this. I've said nothing wrong. You and Red whatever his name is have misinterpreted it and are not seeing the best in people.

;